Red pill me on catholicism

red pill me on catholicism.
should i become catholic?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=cFaRwpZhdS8
youtube.com/watch?v=CTUt3bUV9JY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No

Just become a Christian. No need for denomination.

Leadership in catholicism is extremely shady

only if you want to stop thinking and let the clergy think for you

yes the real god of the entire universe out of the infinite possibilities of spiritual revelations picked the institution of the catholic church to be his one and only true and genuine expression to humanity

No stay or become agnostic/mystic

mysticism is the closest to the real "christianity" we got these days.

And as a former altar boy and someone whose been invited to the vatican 2 times. stay the fuck away from the catholic church.

I'd say either join the Catholic or Eastern Orthodox church. Depends on your culture.

>red pill me on catholicism.
>should i become catholic?

No.

youtube.com/watch?v=cFaRwpZhdS8

>Religion
>current year

I...what?

>french
>grandfather was catholic
>grandmother was catholic turned protestant
>both parents were protestant
so probably catholic. EO is interesting though.

>current year
>not realizing how much we need religion

There's already a thread for this. Veeky Forums is a bad place to ask about any religion in general because it will most likely be fedoras or trolls who respond. Go to a site dedicated to said religion and speak to the people there. Ignore the ones who sound like religious nuts though.
Catholic/Orthodox mysticism is great though.

You shouldn't have to ask the question of whether or not you should "become Catholic" or any religion/denomination for that matter. You either believe the Catholic faith is right or you believe the Catholic faith is wrong. If you believe it is right, you wouldn't be asking this question. If you believe it is wrong, then why would you want to become Catholic? The answer to your question is therefore just to do what you believe.

Joining any religion or denomination for reasons other than genuine faith is "cultural christian"- and /pol/-tier.

I love how this threads shows that Catholics are nothing but larpers doing nothing but continuous a thousand year tradition of acting like a parasite on Christianity.

Not a single one of you fucks have bothered to ask him if he even believe in God or that Jesus is his savior. You'd think that's a pretty big deal for a Christian. But no, not if you're thinking about becoming a Catholic, then it literally doesn't matter.

This.
Having to ask others if you "should become Catholic" already shows that you're probably flaky as hell and not actually committed to the idea of it.

And no, not all Catholics are cradle, brainwashed sheeple. Some of us came to this conclusion after a lot of research into the theology, philosophy, and mysticism before converting and you should consider doing the same instead of asking a bunch of anons, who are most likely going to fuck around with you, whether you should convert or not.

The Catholics who answered actually gave proper responses in comparison to the rest.
>Not a single one of you fucks have bothered to ask him if he even believe in God or that Jesus is his savior.

You sound like a fundemantalist. We don't have to ask him about Jesus and God because it's kind of given that he understands the gist of Christianity living in the western hemisphere of this planet. If user is GENUINELY considering becoming Catholic he should know this already.

Most people nowadays are just interested in religion for the social aspect. Catholicism is nice because of its aesthetics and appreciation of ritual. Where else can you find those things in a secular setting? The taint of capitalism looms over everything.

Whole different church. I was talking classical roman catholic church, which is basically the seat of satan in this dimension.

>Most people nowadays are just interested in religion for the social aspect.

That's always been the point of religion - people who were jealous they weren't divine agents and wanted to LARP.

youtube.com/watch?v=CTUt3bUV9JY

Well, the late head exorcist of the Vatican said that the devil had infiltrated verbatim.
Any stories as to why you hate it so much?

Catholics aren't Christian

>Should I reject Christ for a Satanic pedophile cult?

No

well what about anglicanism

>Catholic
Just become Orthodox, catholicism is dead at this point

Become Lutheran, pleb. But actual answer is

I can redpill you
The catholic church is a construct that originated from feudalism and roman justice systems, feudalism made existing structures of law unfair and thus unappealing for commoners so they tried to make their cases church rather than worldly matters by donating to the church, this was allowed after the investiture controversy. The humungous demand demanded new infrastructure and an appeal system which ended in rome for a unified system of law and made the christian churches into the big church it is today with the pope taking a more pre eminent position, before that additional infrastructure and the appeal system the catholic church was barely recognizable with what it is today.

Faith is nothing you decide in your head, it is something you feel in your heart and your mind. It is not a choice it is something you feel, it is not picking a faction in a video game it is much deeper than that. What I would want you to do is read up on Orthodoxy and perhaps, if you do feel faith in your heart, you -will- find your way home.

This and only this. I am gnostic myself so I recommend gnosticism, but it's what you feel. Religion is about faith and feelings.

fucking pseuds

only if you want to go to heaven

No. Christianity has benefits I guess, but it encourages slave morality.

Why not just create your own values for your own life, if values are what you're looking for?

Don't limit yourself to a single set of beliefs you may or may not 100% agree with.

>You either believe the Catholic faith is right or you believe the Catholic faith is wrong

this post is kind of silly though. how am I to know, if I know very little about catholicism? (which is quite literally why I made this thread)

I think the idea of communicating with saints to get to god makes sense, as in the real world you would do similar to talk to the head boss. I like the hierarchy and order of the catholic church, as opposed to the democracy of protestantism. but other than that, I don't know much about catholicism. I was raised as baptist / assemblies of god

>Joining any religion or denomination for reasons other than genuine faith is "cultural christian"- and /pol/-tier.
even so, what's the matter with someone going into religion for the cultural aspects than being led to god?

I got u covered

Go to a Catholic mass. During the Eucharist, ask yourself if you REALLY believe the priest is serving you the body and blood of Christ. Like really, REALLY believe it.

If yes, congratulations. You're a Catholic. Proceed to confession.

If no, join another denomination. Methodist, Lutheran, Protestant... they're all the same club with different handshakes. Just none of the dogma and politics of Catholicism.

*blocks your path*

This, but unironically

Do you enjoy subsuming your will to a group of unelected old men who are supposedly chosen by God but still engage in all the vices regular men do, all held together by a claimed 2000 year old divine tradition that is improbable at best?

Than Catholicism/Orthodoxy might be right up your ally

I want to be a Christian but can't accept Jesus and all the ridiculous stories. Help.