Another coolest armor thread

Another coolest armor thread

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/apr/04/austrian-blacksmiths-making-armour-for-vaticans-swiss-guard-in-pictures
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

trimming black armor, 50 gold only!

Polish

Ottoman/Egyptian (Mamluk)

Ottoman

German

Apparently Celtic, not sure myself

forgot pic

Celtic

Celtic (Hallstatt culture) - muscle cuirasses & double ridge helmet

French

Spanish

Indian (Sind)

Armour from each continent

I think you mean Pakistan m8

>Backward weighted posture
disgusting

No Pakistan back then

Remains of Roman Legionaries armor

Anglo-Saxon

Pic may not be that historically accurate but I've always found scale armor to be aesthetic as fuck.

Asia is such a culturally and historically vast place I don't think assigning one piece of armor to it does just, the armour of India and the Middle East is vastly different from East Asian armour for example.

literally one helmet became a trademark for a-s

I'm fairly certain that's from the Vatican's armoury. The Vatican gets its armour made by the family Schmidberger in Austria.

theguardian.com/world/gallery/2017/apr/04/austrian-blacksmiths-making-armour-for-vaticans-swiss-guard-in-pictures

That's a rather ugly Gothic suit though. Should have used a better example.

Those were only made for nobles and kings. Regular soldiers used more bland looking gothic armor.

They most certainly did not use ill-fitting modern replica suits like in though.

Well, it depends, a landsknecht was a lot more colorful than most nobles. "White" armors were seens as a class stuff, the more burnished and without hammer marks or other "defects" it had, the more valuable was considered.

But then people nowdays tends to downplay how colorful warriors were, with the mud and brown/earthy colors everywhere for fantasy or medieval stuff, when most warriors did whatever it took to be the best dressed with the more colorful colours etc.

>tfw no accurate Aztec armor reconstruction
Sad desu

>Aztecs
>South America

It's sometimes used in rapier systems. :/

Oh you got full blk (g)?
Trade you for d long and half key

Yes well it's used everywhere in fact, longsword, smallsword, rapier, etc. Japanese do use them as well, but not when you are drawing your sword out in armor.

My god, the nostalgia...
How I miss that game.

Is the a Holy Roman Imperial armour?

I know, just stumbled across that pic, thought it was interesting (mainly the non-Aztec American armour - I think it's from the Pacific Northwest tribes, very interesting actually) and posted it here.
Well it is extremely Veeky Forums so I understand why that is.
Right, makes sense (the markings on the helmets show it) - I just searched for 'Spanish armour' and that was one of the best pics. Thanks for pointing that out.
Mesoamericans and Peruvians knew how to dress, that's for sure.

THat pic is freaking cool.

That "ill-fitting" replica suit is rather well-made and only the cuirass and upper arms look unpolished. It's a decent reflection of the Innsbruck style around 1490.
The thing you posted is one of Bashford Dean's Frankenstein armors which consist of a few original fragments while the rest is modern and just copies the same decoration elements over and over. Those rows of stamped in trefoils along the edges of the plates look out of place on most parts. Still one of his better creations and it's a shame the MET decided to remove it from display.

That's because the idiots in the museums in the 19th century stripped the armors down they had on display completely to bare metal to clean them up. People today think armor was all shiny and bright because of that.

Chain mail over the face?

What was the actual purpose of This? Sure it's help is an arrow ricocheted or if a blade skimmed you, but even then it'd help with protection very nominally.

I mean come on, the house is better protected then the guy.

Easier to breath through chain mail than full plate helms. One of the reasons why muslims were able to beat the crap out of the crusaders so well.

Crusading knights actually wore something fairly similar. Don't mistake Hollywood movies with historical truth. Whether it's easier to breathe through mail is something I'm a bit doubtful though.