Rousseau

>Rousseau
>Sartre
>De Beauvoir
>Camus
>Foucault
>Derrira
Is French philosophy the ultimate anti-/pol/?

Only in that the french are a degenerate and nihilistic race whose very existence is a detriment to our species.

It's not, they had no /pol/ in mind when they wrote their works nor it is written with an intention to be "anti" anything. It just so happens that /pol/ is triggered by anything that doesn't fit into their narrow mindset.

Why does everyone think Derrida was french? He was algerian. It's not because he spoke french that he was french. That's like saying normans were french because they spoke it

Yeah, he was (((algerian)))

>intentionally leaving out Voltaire, Guenon, Maurras, and De Maistre.
What did he mean by this?

/pol/ is wrong about many things.
Their opposition to this crap is not one of them. French philosophy in the 20th century was a cancer.

And wasn't Rousseau swiss?

> That's like saying normans were French

Get out Lindy

I don't understand this thread, I am a fan of most of them and they literally led me to /pol/

>led me to /pol/
Everything they wrote is in direct opposition to what /pol/ stands for. Are you LARPing or just stupid?

What does /pol/ stand for other than underage shitposting and banter?

>Everything they wrote is in direct opposition to what /pol/ stands for.
Can you explain this viewpoint though? Ive found the complete opposite in my 5 years lurking /pol/

Antisemitism, a high-schoolers conception of fascism, conspiracy mongering, etc.

>antisemitism
I wish this was true, there's so many kikes and kike lovers on /pol/ I can't even go there anymore.

Funny, i actually see metaphorical use of the merchant archetype, thinly veiled high-schooler conception of fascism baiting self-righteous people into getting their assumptions about right-wing ideas deconstructed and reassessed, and deep ontological guerilla through the restructuring of the most schizophrenic internet conspiracies possible

Sartre had treesomes with Beauvoire and his students. Rousseau abandonned his children. Except for Camus french philosophers are degenerates.

This is some gold level mental gymnastics. You're attributing a deep level of intention to what can be clearly demonstrated to be simple jingoism and childish adherence to a bully ideology. No one has their assumptions 'deconstructed and reassessed', anyone who proposes a narrative contrary to the fascist is labeled a 'shill' and silenced, lest the /pol/tard have to engage in even the most rudimentary defense of their ideals or, worse yet, begin the process of self-reflection and accountability for the consequences of their stated objectives.

Camus supported the execution of Algerian Muslims during their war for independence.

Algerian jew to be exact

If you mean 'fucking terrible and beyond redemption' then sure, but so is /pol/.

It was more complex than that, he knew that france was on the wrong side but he said he rather stand with his own.
>entre la justice et ma mère je choisis ma mère
he said, wich mean roughly "i prefer to be unjust if it's good from my mother", as he was from a familly of french colons.

>The execution of Algerian Muslims during their war for independence
Don't you mean the hunt for terrorists targetting civilians ?
Or was it after it became an all-out war ?

t. algerian

>That's like saying the normans were french because they spoke it

They were

"And doesn't it seem to you even more cowardly to drop napalm bombs on defenseless villages, so that there are a thousand times more innocent victims? Of course, if we had your airplanes it would be a lot easier for us. Give us your bombers, and you can have our baskets."

You need more lurking, its easy to get entangled in board's drama when you are a newfriend. Shills aren't real, shills are a character that lives in the /pol/ world, they serve a literary purpose in regards to the /pol/ corpus and its dynamic.

/pol/ (and every other board) is a literary circle, in the case of /pol/, of people interested in politics AND ABOUT THE DISCUSSION OF POLITICS ON THE INTERNET, specifically the patterns of narratives and the archetypical characters and ideological positions involved in online venues of conversations about politics.

You have to think of it as a mixture between a book and a videogame. It is a videogame in the sense that the ephemeral quality of the board leads to an archeological process of learning about the board's culture, as well as a repeated interaction with the various NPCs in the world which makes you start noticing artificial patterns, this makes you "level up" in terms of transversing meta-layers and gaining a better understandment of the dynamics of communication about the board's subject matter in the internet as a whole. And it is a book in the sense that by interacting with the system you get more and more knowledge about the subject of your interest and about the different narratives surrounding the interest.

>Camus se refuse à admettre que l’Algérie soit indépendante et qu’il soit obligé d’y rentrer chaque fois avec un passeport d’étranger, lui qui est Algérien et rien d’autre. Il croit que le FLN est fasciste et que l’avenir de son pays entre les mains du FLN est proprement impensable. Je comprends fort bien l’un et l’autre mais je voudrais qu’ils me comprennent aussi. Qu’ils nous comprennent, nous qui sommes si près d’eux et à la fois si différents, qu’ils se mettent à notre place. Ceux qui m’ont parlé en langage clair la semaine dernière m’ont dit que je n’étais pas Français. Ceux qui sont chargés de veiller à la souveraineté de la France, dans ce pays, m’ont toujours traité en ennemi, depuis le début des événements. Tout en me traitant en ennemi, ils voudraient que j’agisse en bon patriote français, même pas : ils voudraient que je les serve tel que je suis. Simplement par reconnaissance, vu que la France a fait de moi un instituteur, un directeur de cours complémentaire, un écrivain, vu qu’elle me verse une grosse mensualité qui me permet d’élever une famille nombreuse. Simplement on me demande de payer une dette comme si tout ce que je fais ne méritait pas salaire, comme si cette école avait été construite pour mon plaisir et remplie d’élèves pour me distraire, comme si mon « instruction » était un cadeau généreux qui ne m’a coûté que la peine de tendre la main pour le cueillir, comme si ce talent d’écrivain dont je suis un peu infatué était un autre cadeau, involontaire cette fois, mais non moins généreux, destiné de toute évidence à défendre la cause de la France au détriment des miens qui ont peut-être tort mais qui meurent et souffrent dans le mépris ou l’indifférence des nations policées. Simplement on me demande de mourir en traître moyennant quoi j’aurai payé ma dette.
cuck

I checked Wikipedo, and they say he was born in the republic of geneve, and lived in france most of his life.

were mah pre-revolution thinkers at?

Frog here. A better translation would be
>Between Justice and my mother, I choose my mother.

That doesn't disprove anything that they've said.

See my point? This is deeply /pol/

Yes it does. They're all moral philosophers.
They are all immoral by their own accounts.

>all a bunch of retarded commie faggots who did nothing but circle jerk and rape young girls

just look at this goggle eyed ugo

Do you even into basic french?

recently read emile and parts are pretty /pol/ especially when he's talking about how he won't waste education on an unfit pupil

i get the sense you're not as familiar with these authors as you pretend. The sense of alienation so poignantly expressed in Nausea is something a lot of /pol/ can relate to... Foucault is the only one who's irredeemably bad

if you think liberals don't go on /pol/ to troll you must be very new indeed

How will the frogs ever recover

(They won't)

>Rousseau
>Spend your life decrying the ills of social and government institutions for creating criminals and murderers
>put all of your bastard children in poor orphanages

Sounds like /pol/ tbqh.

they are liberal /pol/lacks, why is it so hard to understand, do you think everybody in /g/ uses gentoo?

We must strike them back to make them feel like victims again. Then, they might recover.

>Give more importance to the persons than to the ideas

J'ai traduit le sens pas les mots mon cher compatriote, la traduction mot à mot c'est bon pour les cervelets.

But...the Normans...why do I come here?

If you think any of these philosophers came to exact conclusions with precise and calculated evidence...you haven't read any of them.

The ideas are trash too. At least an enactment of them by the living proponent could give them some credence. They're a massive failure of moral philosophy.

>Camus
>French

ALGERIA
L
G
E
R
I
A

>people think post modernism is /pol/ or anti-pol/ instead of anti-any organized ideology.
It's called deconstructionism for a reason user

>/pol/ is one person, and I have him all figured out
You need to lurk more. /pol/ has become a shit hole, but you still get a wide range of ideologies, topics, and people. Blame the mods for allowing endless garbage threads, there used to be less.

Continental philosophy is for pseud brainlets.

>At least an enactment of them by the living proponent could give them some credence.
>He STILL give more importance to the person than to the idea.

>Blame the mods for allowing endless garbage threads, there used to be less
I blame /pol/ embracing 2016 election. It is like you retards don't know what is Chanology

>le reason is le social construct also science is self-referential :^)
French philosophy is fucking garbage

>French philosophy is fucking garbage
Only post ww2 philosophy. The French gave us Voltaire, Descartes, Diderot and all the other enlightenment philosophers.

Why did it become so shit? Was French intelligentsia infiltrated by hardline gommies?

(((modernism)))

t.a frog

>Maurras
>Sorel
>de Maistre
>de Benoist
Is French philosophy the anti-Veeky Forums?

It didnt become shit, we just never heard of the other ones because Sartre and his gang use to go to editors and made them not publish some writers that did not think the same way they did

>Voltaire

The most reddit "thinker" in the history of humanity, even more reddit than the New Atheists.