Cool arms thread

Cool arms thread

My most favourite one

HE'S DUAL WIELDING

good ol Norway

Lindy btfo

>not the superior capetian coat of arms

"At least 15 percent of all Hungarian personal arms include the severed head of a Turk,"

My personal favorite

Why are there so many partial fleur de lis? Looks like it would be a bitch to draw

Dank.

In heraldry it's called a semé motif. I've been told that it's supposed to represent infinity, possibly as a statement (like, "the power of the French kings spreads everywhere"). But it might juste be an aesthetic choice too, we're not even really sure where the fleur-de-lys comes from. They might even originally be bees, as it was a symbol of the Frankish kings.

Wtf is he doing

Weighing stuff.

Weighing scutches of flax of course. Did you drop out of high school?

Sorry, I couldn't tell that was 'a scutch of flax' because I didn't go to high school in Seers Village

kek

That is a Ukrainian head. Don't forget that Khokhols fought the Mag-Bags too.

Testing out if a kilogram of feathers weighs the same as a kilogram of steel.

My family(portuguese) crest has not one, not two, but three severed heads of moors. A bit overkill if you ask me.

My favorite
But what do these black things mean? Are they related to brittany? I've seen them on non-breton arms too

>because the Hungarians are known for their wars against the Cossacks as opposed to Turks

underrated

The more the better!

I always thought it was some depiction of a flower

Oh yeah, didn't mean to say that it's not a flower. It's a lily, it has Christian signification, was also used by Romans as symbols of royalty, and then later Franks and Lombards adopted the flower as a symbol as well. But historians with possibly too much time on their hand have debated about how the lily went simply from symbolic flower among others to heraldry, how and when it became particularly the symbols of the French kings, or on the fact that it looks more like an iris than a lily.

The official story for the French kings was that God sent the symbol to Clovis, who was considered the first king of France in royal historiography.

Fun fact, the medieval coat of arms of Bulgaria and England are almost the same.

the pattern represents ermine fur. i don't think it really symbolizes anything deeper, at least that we know of today.

what the fuck is going on here and why is it so funny

*beheads tax collector*

IIRC some Spanish town was attacked by the moors but pretty much all the men were gone in war elsewhere, so some woman fended off the entire siege force by throwing beehives at them.

>moors btfo by women with bees

tell me more, where, when, is there a Wikipedia battle card?

Virginia state senate has a cool seal

Interesting hair style.

Did you know that the Unicorn in village or town arms is a coded sign for heathen cult place? Like almost all villages will have a some sort of a stone circle, mound burial site or something like that close.

He's literally not. That's a hammer and a chisel.

Hapsburg CoA if they had succeeded in fucking and marrying every human being alive

Absolutely perfect.

who the fuck was this made for

>three severed heads of moors
Which name?
Amorim has 5 severed heads of moors.

family's

German princes von Furstenberg, who intermarried with the wealthy Agnelli family (one of Italy's most important families). Their villa is like 200m from my house.

I dare you to find a better coat of arms.

>Nobody will ever make this into a .gif

Do it yourself. Be the change you wish to see in the world!

doesn't really look like a turkish head?

xaxa

A fictional one, but still cool.

hmm but i thought the moors were 100% white...

IBEX NUTS

>not posting the superior version

Coat of Arms of my city.
Buenos Aires.

I'm fucking starting.
Here's the second frame.
I've never done such a thing before, how is this first part?