A question for Veeky Forums

Long time lurker, and sorry if this has already been asked (I'm pretty sure it hasn't), but I'm interested in North African history (particularly Carthage and pre-Hellenic Egypt, am even studying Ancient Egypt at here at uni).
Anyway, I digress. This interest in North Africa got me looking into Sub-Saharan Africa. That's barely talked about, right? Maybe it's just uncommon history.
So I looked it up, and I was gobsmacked. There is not a single civilisation, a single invention, or even a single figure of note in all of Southern Africa. Their history can be summed up as:
>dick around in the jungle for 50,000 years (we don't know, since they didn't even have wroting!)
>whites show up and buy some of you
>go back to dicking around in the jungle for another 400 years
>whites come back and conquere you
>dick around for another 100 years
>become independent
Why is this? Why was Africa the black sheep of continents? Even South America managed not one, but two civilisations.

i was writing a good reply but I realised your stupid hyperboles and greentext show you don't give a shit and you are a useless historian who is not doing history at university.

Why so rude? I just want to learn.

Who pooed in your loo?

If you wanted to learn you wouldn't be here shit posting for attention.

But I'm interested. What did I do wrong?
I just want to know why sub-Saharan Africa has never accomplished anything of note.

I mean typically yea Sub-Saharan Africa was underdeveloped compared to the rest of the world but to write them all off as savages waiting for white men to colonize them is dismissing several civilizations. Literally just google Mansa Musa

fpbp

Was he even black? I thought those west african empires were ran and started by arab/berber tribes

because literally why would they? civilization was a fucking mistake

There are few sub-saharan civilizations. I agree that they weren't as ``civilized`` as other ones. But there are still some. Simple google search would show you that. Stop trying to justify your stupid beliefs.

Ethopia(i personally dont consider them sub-saharan),mali,zimbawe and songhai are interesting.

Anything below sub-sahara was black. North africa and sub-saharan rarely interacted.

What do you consider sub Saharan

Islam is a civilizating force especially for rough society as it harsh system of law is good at pacifying violent people and reducing criminality.

Subsaharan can be civilized there is no doubt about it, but did they ever create a civilization by themselves?

Kek

Just my opinion.

>What is Mali
>What is Ghana
>What is Zulu empire
>What is Ethiopia
>What is Zimbabwe

I mean are you even fucking trying?

>half of the Sahara is sub Saharanw
wdhmbt?

I'd lower the southern boarder. Timbuktu and gao aren't sub Saharan

A bunch of states as far as i know.
Tell me about the zulus, what did they invent, what was their belief, what was their tax policies?

Tuareg "berbers" are so far from their northern cousins that you might as well classifie them as subsaharan (even if it would be more exact to call them mixed)

>always the same thread
>always the same answer

Terrain and climate. Now fuck off.

shit wrong pic

>rich luscious jungle with thousands of square kilometers of arable land
>heavy rainfalls and nutritious soil
>diamonds, gold, and oil literally everywhere
>easy access to rivers and oceans
>vast wildlife to hunt or domesticate
>enough land for everyone to build their own house and backyard and live comfortably forever
>above the canopies is intense sunlight with a higher UV range than what is found in the rest of the world, making Africa the best place ever for solar energy

>jungle
>arable

>monsoons
>good

>nutritious soil

>diamonds gold and oil is good

>rivers are all shit and coast-to-inland ratio is the worst out of all the continents

>wew dude just hunt buffalos

around here i realized this was bait. because people are actually this stupid

>diamonds, gold, and oil literally everywhere
kek every time
why oh why didn't the stone age civilization use their massive supplies of oil, oh why?

you're forgetting about the rich history of ethiopia and their interaction with the arabs, you're forgetting the mighty fearsome zulu, what about mansa musa?

that's what i know off, the rest is probs just dicking around in the jungle like you said

>africans were awesome warrior and northern african nations often heavily influenced the rest of the continent.

don't forget it's a massive piece of dry shit floating around

/thread/

Just like communism :3

Jesus christ, we get this thread multiple times a day

Scandinavia can be civilized there is not doubt about it, but did they ever create a civilization by themselves with no Christianity that wasn't just raiding innocent monks?

Why has Veeky Forums been spammed with this qt for the last two weeks or so? Not that I'm complaining since she's pretty, just curious.

>being this new

>two weeks

Shes been spammed on /k/ for six months

Yes whatever, like anyone could ever keep up with all the bullshit happening at any time on Veeky Forums. Name and reason of qtposting pls.

>Shes been spammed on /k/ for six months
Eh, I only go to /k/ when hunting season starts. I did see a dump with about a dozen of her webm there a while ago tho, which is why I remember her.

Lol wut ?
Are you retarded ?

Bump

Civilization is a bit overrated, living a simpler life isn't terrible

Bump

I'm very interested by the Adal Sultanate.

*in
My bad.