What's the most boring period of history?

What's the most boring period of history?

Other urls found in this thread:

thefederalist.com/2017/08/22/americans-declining-interest-history-hitting-colonial-williamsburg-hard-not-one/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

My life

Belle Époque era.

Everythings peaceful and beautiful desu

Japanese history is all deceptively boring.

>peaceful
Believe it or not, other countries exist outside of Europe and the Americas.

What?

Post cold war

>Implying nigger tribes count as countries

naow.
there's seven billion of us and every last motherfucker is either in school, work or the elderly home.
>the most peaceful time in history
we sit around like a bunch of cucks looking at footage of shitty robots on mars while doing the same thing every day
sitting. no fighting, no learning, no, sitting and listening and watching, not more

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

Postdiluvian Babylon.

1700-1850

Boring as FUCK aesthetics, people, culture and events.

Tokugawa Japan became so fucking boring after the first couple of shoguns, I swear to god

Holy pleb

Get out.

Late Rome to Early middle ages right after the fall of Rome

reading about Rome withering away and then g*rmanic tribes fighting each other on the festering corpse of rome while culture and towns are rotting away is depressing as fuck

1820-1915

Pre-colonial sub-saharan africa.

But user the end of the cold war was also the end of history. Didn't you know?

t.boomer

+1

What's so interesting about arabian history? It's just a bunch of dessert people trading, robing and killing each other until the Pedo (pbuh) shows up and they move to rob and kill some other countries.

>the end of the cold war was also the end of history.
Get out of here Francid Fukuyama

Medieval Europe. Holy Christ, what a boring era. Boring art, boring political events and structures, boring religion (Christianity is too familiar to be interesting); even warfare was boring (people wouldn't fight on Sundays). Don't even get me started on Feudalism.

>What's the most boring period of history?
apparently now.
"History education at institutions of higher learning is in trouble, too: Undergraduate enrollment in history courses in the 2014-2015 school year fell 7.6 percent from 2012-13. Not surprisingly, the percentage of history majors dropped by 12 percent between 2012 and 2014".
thefederalist.com/2017/08/22/americans-declining-interest-history-hitting-colonial-williamsburg-hard-not-one/

Early to mid 17th century Europe for me. I find it dark, drab and dull. English civil war included.

But thats not boring.

This

play ck2

Post Reconstruction America.

1990-2001

if europe was boring, the chinese were poisoning generals and pirating ships, and scaring the living shit out of their soon-to-be subjects.

if the chinese were boring, the arabs were building cities out of sand and hastening to return their neighbors' into raw material.

if the arabs were boring, the indians were off philosophizing about atomic theory and the number zero within their 250+ little jungle city-states.

if the indians were boring, the aztecs were wreaking unholy carnage to others and to themselves, all doped up on ayahuasca or mushrooms.

but let's face it—europe was never boring.

All of Imperial China after the early Han. Medieval English history, post-Norman Ireland, all of Japanese history.

>the aztecs were wreaking unholy carnage to others and to themselves, all doped up on ayahuasca or mushrooms.

As a Mexican I found this disturbingly funny but pretty accurate at the same time, Aztecs were brutal fucks

>if there's no war it's boring
jeez
i would love to live in the Belle Epoque

A lot of Japanese history is kind of boring. Sengoku and Bakumatsu/Meiji/Imperial get a lot of attention for a reason.

Roman history from Vespasian to the Marcomannic Wars is kind of dull too.

Not a fan of history of Asia. Like middle ages (I know it's a Eurocentric timeframe) in Indonesia. Fuck that.

In Europe I think first couple centuries after 476. I like reading or watching something about the daily life of the people back then but no noteworthy events.
If I had to rank my favorite centuries it would be a rather simple descending list from 20th century to 16th.

This

Post Napoleonic Era included the sec French revolution, colonial africa, and Bismarck.

Parts of the Pax Romana are pretty boring desu. Actually for me everything between Augustus and Crisis of the Third Century is meh.

We could be on the cusp of an unprecedented demographic shift in Europe, or a major conflict to abort it. You can already see the first signs of the implosion of the EU and the rise to superpower status of China.

Think about the thousands of years of unrecorded history of them and their neighbors doing brutal shit to each other that we will never know of. No one would feel bad about colonization if that info were to surface

I fucking hate when I tell people that the "mexican" (there was no mexico back then but anyways) were sadistic assholes and they all go "muh gentle savage! it was Cortez who made them violent"... fucking education in this country is shit, they still think Juarez is a hero and Emperor Maximilian was some kind of saturday morning cartoon villain when he did more for the lower class than the fucking Indio midget ever did or that Villa fought for the people when he raped and murdered his way throught northern Mexico riding the coatails of the revolution for his own personal gain

I don't mind not living in interesting times. They usually mean trouble.
I only wish space exploration picked up the pace.
People were inspired by stories about expedition to Africa in mid 19th century, journeys to the Antarctic in the early 20th century, then to Everest a couple decades later and finally space from 50s to 70s. We don't have anything like it.

Right now I think war on terror following 9/11 is pretty interesting and very complex.

VERY true. Same goes for the north American tribes too. Just because they didn't build giant cities or looked generally the same doesn't mean they were incapable if falling to brutal tribalism too

1896, 1993, respectively

1993 at least had the hunt for Escobar.

this

I had a class about Japanese history and that period was by far the most uneventful. Literally nothing happened.

Post WWII Jap history is pretty much like that too

>Prelude to imminent WW3
>Boring

I guess that was the point of the Sakoku policy. Keep drama out, crush any hint of native drama. I think it's still an interesting period to learn about, but only the social/cultural aspect of it. The rise of urban culture, the power struggle between the merchants and aristocracy, samurai struggling to stay relevant, Dutch learning slowly creeping in, Europe's courts' increasing fascination for this country, and how the Japanese start imagining the West, etc.

Here's 200 years of Tokugawa history in meme arrow form.

>FOREIGNERS GET OUT REEEEEE
>but give us your learning
>wait no
>well just a little bit
>we're copying China but better
>muh Buddhism
>peasant revolts
>samurai are poorfags
>OPEN YOUR PORTS
>FOREIGNERS GET OUT REEEEEE
>oh shit sorry foreigners stop shooting us
>MEIJI'D

Literally right now and the last 50 years.

suggestive, bad question. Ask better questions.

>who is Símon Bolívar
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

I think this guy probably wins.

BUT LIBERALAALISMSMSMS ANOSNSM :''''''''''''''''''''''''((((((((((((((((((

Today
>tfw when no wars

>>tfw when no wars
>in the middle of the culture war
Wew my lad

Now.

i second this

Meiji Restoration was interesting. Going from a sleepy nation with farmers and samurai to an industrialized modern empire with a huge army with guns.

It's game of throne, except no one wants to sit on the iron throne.

Anything before the Hellenistic period.

Make that pre-iron age sub-saharan africa and you'd be right

That's more an issue of the failure of history education to both attract people to the major and offer said majors adequate job opportunities.

>culture war
Sorry laddio, but you guys lost that one when you decided Gamergate would be about ethics instead of throwing hardcore leftists out of your institutions.

~20 000 BC

There are people on this board who don't know what history means

Basically anything from the fall of the soviet union

That's prehistory, fool.

Cold war.

>prove me wrong

The 1920's

Cuban Missile Crisis

reminder that this century is the grand finale

I wish space exploration would catch more wind too. Call me cringy, but its infinite vastness really is the final frontier to us today similar to how the open ocean was the final frontier for 16th century Europeans (or for any sea-exploring civilization for that matter). Space pyrats when?

Still boring.

1871-present.

Korean War

Unless WW3 happens in the next year, This until then.

Nowadays' eurangutans' "hegemony".

As expected, another burger like OP, fell for his bait.

I suggest visiting India and seeing the life of struggle you think is so romantic is really like.

The billions of years it took between the first unicellular life and the Great Oxygenation Crisis,

Ancient Egypt is pretty dull.
>alright lads we got a system, now let's do the same thing for 2000 years

age of enlightenment and the renaissance like 1400 to 1700s boring as hell if u ask me

Consider me successfully triggered

6500 BC - 6000 BC was kind of dull imo

I agree desu

The entire 17th century was like an absolute clusterfuck. Thirty Years War in the West and countries fighting for dominance in the East, pirates and the expansion of European colonialism.

>italian wars
>hussite wars
>french wars of religion
>reformation
>conquest of the new world
>rise of sweden, muscovy and polish lithuania
>ottoman conquest of europe
i agree early modern italy and spain are sort of backwaters, but i'm mostly ignorant of those places because scholars also lack interest in it and the foreign language obstacle makes it even more obscure

There are literally tons of wars, ,from Yemen to fight against isis to terrorism campaign which if you squint enough might seem like anarchists and nationalists assassination attempts at the end of 19th / start of 20th century

1750-present

He's not romancing struggle, he's yearning for activity and societal involvement.
Everyone is glued to phones etc.

>Seven Years War
>Catherine the Great
>absolutely world changing revolutions
>Politics, Versailles as a whole
>all boring

Get out

Different user, but I agree, boring.

Everything after 1929 started to get this... beige tint to it.
As if all western life was condensed into concrete blocks.

Whenever the devs stopped supporting event chains.

That was 2016 and v. 1.0.1 STILL hasn't released.

>Catherine the Great

Post-WWII.

Prehistory all the way

Wouldn't the 90s be better? Less terrrorism, environmental issues are not as bad, and the social atmosphere in the West is better.

>Everyones glued to the miracles of technology that we hold in our pockets because I'm not interesting enough to hold everyone's attention

lol pleb

This pretty much. It really is amazing how shit the art was and how all that mattered was which cousin the king's son fucked last