This kills the Knight

>This kills the Knight

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3qjUzUzQg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What? It literally just doesn't.

Longbows are shit against anybody with armor. This is why crossbows produced so much butt-hurt.

ITT: People who have never heard of Crecy and Agincourt.

>falling for the memebow long

The bows didn't kill, the mud and angry men at arms with warhammers did.

>inb4 IT WAS DE MUD!!!

When will plate cucks ever learn ;^)

youtube.com/watch?v=Ej3qjUzUzQg
It's literal fucking Lindybeige and he doesn't support this longbow autism.

If longbows were indeed anti armour as people claim, the usage would have increased after the Hundred Years' War.

The absolute butt hurt is astounding ;)

Not wasting my time on your autism video

You winked. Well played.

What's the deal with autists and archery?

Probably to do with the idea of the romantic noble peasantry defeating heavy mounted knights

salty anglo's still mad that they lost the HYW and also got 1066'd

It was relatively effective against armor; however, it required not only intensive training to stand a chance against an enemy army, but a high level of craftsmanship to produce bows and arrows. In the continent bows were simply replaced with crossbows and, after the adoption of gunpowder, guns

Aren't Longbows in simple construction compared to Asian ones? Basic self bows with very little variation.

It's probably lingering anglo propaganda. That and just seeing that muh bows fire a bajillion arrows a minute while not knowing the context of these weapons

The bows disrupted several cavalry charges, they definitely made a difference.

People used bows less because matchlock weapons became more common

you're right user, i was thinking about composite bows. Even so, my point stands; the bow wasn't used extensively in europe because it simply wasn't worth years an years of training.

>Agincourt
>a battle even the English describe as being fought hand to hand by knights and men-at-arms, with archers shooting into the flank, then joining in the melee with swords, axes and hammers

>swords
>axes
>hammers

wooden mallets user

>This kills the knight

Is more like it.

>When their
arrows had been used up, they took up axes, stakes, swords and the heads of lances
that lay between them, and laid the enemy low, ruining and transfixing them.

What did Thomas Elmham mean by this?

isn't is to kill the horses though

No.

I mean billhooks are very good at killing horses, as they're effectively 6 - 8 ft long spears, but they're specifically designed for dragging knights down from their mounts so they can be killed on the ground.

>It was relatively effective against armor
Correct me if I'm wrong, but no experiment has ever showed that.

>Agincourt
>Date: October 25, 1415
>Crécy
>Date: August 26, 1346

When do you thing that knights in full armor stopped being popular? If you said about 1490 with it still being a thing for a few decades after words then you would be right. Also around 1420-23 a lot of new and improved helmets were invented.

Longbows did not kill the knights off as a class.

Solid iron cased cannons with wheels killed off the knights.