Did America actually "lose" the Vietnam War

Other urls found in this thread:

cnn.com/travel/article/mcdonalds-opens-in-vietnam/index.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

NO, UNITEDSTATES DID.

Yes, the gooks took us over and we speak gook speak now, eat dogs, and shit in a hole.

>wars are only lost through conquest
Considering we failed our political objectives I consider that a yes OP

We failed to kill 3,500,000 gooks, and show the Reds that we were still willing to fuck people up on their front lawn?

Really?

Did United States* actually "lose" the Vietnam War

Tactically, yes. Strategically, no.

>muh K:D ratio
Troll or /pol/

Remind me, which flag flies over Saigon today?

We sure killed a lot of commies, but we fought for nothing, so we achieved nothing
Kill yourself

70:1

Top it. I dare you.

The goal of the Vietnam War was to contain the spread of communism, and after the end of the war, communists conquered all of Vietnam.

So, I'd say it's a pretty clear loss.

>stop the spread of communism

Highschools actually believe this.

It was to stop the spread of communist influence over the opium trade which eventually spread to the Middle East.

You ask anyone growing up during the Vietnam war and they all knew what was going on.

Your history book will lie to you, propaganda will lie to you, but the fact is, is that we lost both wars. The war to control the opium trade and the war to sustain hegemony in South East asia.

>pictures depict burgers running away

No, the goal was to lock America into the region so Indonesia wouldn't bully us, it worked for about 10 years so I wouldn't call it a total loss

Yes, but we won the Cold War, which the Vietnam War was one theater of.

This is the opposite of the conflict in Iraq, where the US won on the operational level and lost on the strategic level.

North Vietnam won....

As of right now, yes... the cultural time bomb planted by the KGB decades ago will end you just the same

We win bitch
cnn.com/travel/article/mcdonalds-opens-in-vietnam/index.html

They got BURGERED in the end anyways.

>1000a vs 1000b
>i am one the "a"
>1000b die in the war
>exclude 999a from the kd count
>acshually, the kd was 1:1000 durrr

The us wasn't fighting alone you retards.

The better question to ask is; Did they win it?

This map hurts my eyes. What kind of projection is this?

>muh opium
Breaking out the tinfoil now huh?

US bombing brought the North to the negotiation table, especially after the Tet offensive was such a failure and loss of manpower to the Communists.

The North, South, and US signed a peace treaty. The US pulled out forces. And the North immediately started making plans to violate the treaty. When it became clear that the US would not bomb them in retaliation, they did a full-scale invasion primarily with conventional combined-arms troops (the idea that the viet cong made a big difference is pure hollywood).

Saying the US 'lost' isnt really true, since the US had left while a peace treaty was in effect.

The United States of ? Finish it for me

The conspiracy theory tinfoil or the freebase tinfoil? Because I'm down for both

So America won.

Yes, but failed to maintain victory by staying true to its' allies in the cold war.

It would be like if we left Afghanistan right now, patted ourselves on the back for 'ending the war' and 'peace' and all that crap, while the Taliban took power over all the people who didn't want them there and started murdering as many as possible. People whine about 'endless war', but staying there with at least a minimal presence is the only way to get a reputation for keeping faith rather then letting our friends get fucked when it becomes inconvenient to help them.

What about the demonstration by the US political elite that they could endure a nasty, unpopular war and not suffer collapse or coup? The wanton spending of American lives for so long a period of time must have given pause to some of our opponents. By stereotype, Yankee Doodle playboys aren't supposed to do that.

of =/= being it

How retarded are you?

You mean Ho Chi Mi- oh yeah

We didn't lose, we ragequit and went home.

>get offered to recognize Vietnam in democratic grounds by Ho Chi Minh who explicitly used American sentiments
>get denied to appease frogs
never trust the fr*nch devils

How many civilians did you include in that stat?

Not enough

I was just in Vietnam in February...It flies the hammer and sickle, but its anything but communist.

Also, I salute anyone who is able to fight in that fucking country. It was on average 90-100 degrees the entire time I was there and almost 100% humidity the entire time. The Jungle was so thick, you couldn't see 15 feet in front of you and you have to worry about snakes and bugs and being burnt to death by the scorching sun....Even the fucking water will kill you.

Just how fucking delusional can the average American be?

United statian*

Hamaas vs U.S.
120.5 : 1

maybe both sides won the war,think about it:

The Gooks got their indipendance under the gouvernment the majority voted for while the US stopped communism from spreading further. Just like in Korea the US managed to save south korea while the chinese managed to keep the north as buffer.

Actual casualty ratio is 1,3 in the favour of the Vietcong, because you burgers couldnt train South Vetnamese soldiers right so they were dying in masses.

learn2english

no one cares except you autismo

This.

Surprise surprise if you actually have to fight your enemy instead of calling airstrikes on anything that offers even slight resistance you tend to have higher casualties.

Yeah

Yes. The rest of the world cares.

So united states, alright.

Americans need to be put on post quotas.
Fuck off already retard yank

I mean, not much was gained or lost. Who cares?

Of all things Vietnam is the biggest mistake. The US will forever be remembered that they fought and supported communist at the same time.
If Trump didn't win then today they might become commie themselves and it would be the most ironic joke ever.

Has American ever really won a war?

Defeat the English and get enslaved by banks
Kill your brothers to let a bunch of slaves impoverish you and destroy your country in 50 years time
Get forced to fight in pointless wars to keep you locked into the Empire that was set up a few years after you beat the British.

Honestly American history is just one big kick up the backside while they celebrate about how great they are. Sad.