Wagecuck thread

I know this will probably end up at the bottom of the catalog since it's not a crypto thread, but I need to vent. Feel free to vent your wagecucking frustrations. I guess technically I'm salaried, but I still feel like a fucking cuck.

>work as a data analyst for a finance company
>our team provides analytics for other teams in our department
>this results in me having to deal with multiple requests from 5+ people at any given time, usually more
>constantly stressed in prioritizing all these requests along with my other job duties that involve providing reporting to executives, usually just do things in order of how important the person asking for it is
>once a week we have a meeting with all the managers that basically consists of them "brainstorming"more requests and asking the status of the ones they have outstanding
>fucking hate this meeting for a few reasons
>everyone assumes that their request is quick and just requires me to click a button or something
>a good portion of the time the requests are poorly thought out and don't really serve much of a business purpose and are a waste of everyone's time
>am barraged by ten different people asking where their thing is, usually am only able to provide an update for one or two people but everyone else's shit just hasn't been started yet.
>usually come up with some bullshit answer to assuage them for a little while.
>think I'm okay at this job, I'm usually praised by my superiors and have even received some random raises outside of our regular time of the year that we receive raises
>still constantly feel stressed and like I'm letting everyone down

I used to like the job but lately I feel overwhelmed. I more or less go to work and seclude myself off in my goddamned prison of a cubicle and listen to music while trying to get everything done and hope no one talks to me.

Are all corporate office jobs like this? I don't like it at all Veeky Forums. How do I get out of here?

Be a unionized janitor.

Ishould the pay good? Did you go to school and get a degree for this?
Do you believe you, as a human being, are worth more than what they pay you? If so, why isn't anybody seeing your real worth?
Or, are you not able to see your true wealth?

Start sending your resumes cuckie, you're going to end up throwing your self off the roof at this pace

Mr Noseberg lmao

>Ishould the pay good?
I don't think it's bad for a recent college grad. $60k/yr.

>Do you believe you, as a human being, are worth more than what they pay you? If so, why isn't anybody seeing your real worth?

I don't really have a problem with my compensation.I don't have kids, I don't have expensive tastes, and I am able to put money into savings/investments. Of course more money is always better and I'm not going to turn it down. I've also talked with my coworkers about our pay and we all more or less get paid the same, which leads me to believe if I ever do want more money I will need to get a job elsewhere. I know that our company has salary grades and that certain roles can't get outside of certain salary ranges.

I do think I could get more money if I applied to another company and am pretty confident I could get another job. This might be something I end up doing. This frustration I'm experiencing now is really pretty recent. Our department has grown a lot in the past 6 months which has resulted in more requests coming in for our team.

There just seems like there has to be a better way to earn a living than sitting in a cube for 8 hours a day, five days a week, with 10 different people asking for 50 different things from you.

I was recently let go for lack of work OP.

I'm 22 and pretty fresh out of college. Had a great job as an actuarial analyst but only for a few months.

I need some help getting on my feet again. If anyone can look at my resume and help me or point me in the right direction for a job, perhaps a financial analyst, data analyst, or actuarial analyst position, I would sincerely appreciate it.

>60k
Bro ur worth 100k

Bump. Any help at all would be appreciated.

what do you mean "lack of work" what did you get fired for?

The boss said that although I hadn't done anything wrong and my work was fine, he didn't foresee any new projects coming to our team for a while which would justify keeping me on board. So there was a lack of work at our branch and he suggested I look elsewhere "because it wouldn't be fair to keep you here with nothing to do", as he said.

You can believe him or think he's jut trying to be good from an HR legal standpoint, but that's all I was told and I sincerely tried very hard and was constantly doing everything I could to be a valuable member of that team, but even I noticed there simply wasn't any new work coming in for a while no matter how much I tried to find work or new projects to work on. So I have to believe him.

user, man, learn to say no or this will continue whatever job you land.
Damn man they're just going to keep walking all over you otherwise and its not good for you. Just say "no, it cant be done right now" and if they get bitchy about it just stare at them and repeat "no, it cant be done" and continue to stare until they get the picture. You'll get more respect from this, as the no bullshit guy, and your superiors will acknowledge this. Get shit done and work at your own defined pace.

>making $13/hr during physical labor
at least I have insurance...

>work at your own defined pace
>be a wagecuck

you can only pick one

me rn
>work a minimum wage job as an immigrant in the UK
>get treated like shit from all ranks
>everyone else are also treated like shit
>chaos
>blackmailed by CEO
>not paid for the small breaks
>boss lied that dinner is 15 minutes and before paychecks he announces its 30, so we get no money for extra time
>overtime is never paid
>lots of hours are just absent from my paycheck
>eating leftovers

also im paid 5.6£ an hour

rule britannia my ass

IM a financial rep for a bank.

I can guarantee you my job is worse. I was literally stuck in an office with no training, or even a boss most of the time, and expected to pull out around $60 000 of investments and lending EVERY DAY just sifting through the absolute plebs that go to banks.

On top of that, the bank underfunds everywhere, so when you have to refer stuff to a partner or send it to another department, there's a 50/50 chance the work wont get done.

Yesterday I literally did not sleep. Why? I was making a home equity line of credit for someone for the past few months. I was using a bunch of loopholes to consolidate 60k of credit card debt for no fees for this person.

The adjudicator sent me on a unicorn quest asking me for a form that did not exist.. she had gone on vacation for 3 weeks right after asking me this.

After she came back I finally got her to take that condition off.

I ordered a signing package extra early to get everything ready.

Clients were super pissed but I promised them everyrhing would be smooth sailing from now on.

They barely left the bank before I realized that the signing package I ordered expired a day ago, and I would need to restart the process.

why not just make a list and tell them to look at the order

im sorry but what did you expect from immigrating really. That still sucks though, you should air out your bosses tires or do shit to fuck up his life

I remember you made a thread a little while ago. Everyone told you to look for new jobs.

I'm a programmer and I make CRMs, every place I've ever worked at my major problem has been sales shits who lie through their teeth about sales they're making, they always want to stick with whatever backwards ass way they were reporting to payroll because this lets them lie to them about sales. They always try to use vague reasons why they aren't using the software like "oh user's crm is much worse than our old way of doing it" or "I haven't gotten around to it yet". At previous jobs I even encountered situations where the business owner and payroll manager got too butthurt when I pointed out that they were collectively losing well over $30K a month on what was essentially theft.

I'm also trying to start a business doing this as well but I'd have to get them to sign a contract saying that some sales shit can't try to accuse me of anything without doing the math to show why I came to the wrong number. "the number is too low" is not a valid argument. Sales shits are naturally charismatic due to their job profile and paired with the fact that they have no formal training or experience, and all they do is lie all day, they infiltrate the business and start running accounting at which point you are very permanently fucked. A lot of owners understandably don't mind the idea of them stealing 1-5% if they are making 100% extra but we enter this abusive relationship where they start stealing 40% and the owner demands to know where it is but then everyone goes silent because they don't want to fight about it. As far as I see it, programming is less about programming and more about administration because as long as you use the software, you can't bullshit it or lie to it. You know you're really fucked when, if they're selling something, the client gets a bill for $50K instead of $35K for example and the fucking dumbass just takes it up the ass and pays it. Call the office you fucking retard.

That was quite a while ago, yeah. I am looking for jobs. I have a resume all together now but still haven't found anything. I need to get over it and just start emailing people and searching harder I think.

I hate working at a place where literally everyone minds their business and then you always have that one asshole that doesn't hold any type of authoritative position over you at all that tries to tell everyone in the office what they're doing wrong. It's like shut the fuck up and go join the red cross if you're so obsessed with trying to change the world.

that sounds like hell. I'd rather continue with my comfy job as a blacksmith/welder.

yeah all poorly run departments are like this. You need a manager who will be a liaison to the departments requesting items. You might have a manager who is cool and all, but they need to do their job.
As far as stress, any salaried job gets like this. I stopped counting how many times i've noticed that once i streamline a process, there's just another thing to do that they put on my lap.
The only advice i can give you is, if you like the work, get really good at it and do it freelance if you can.

I work for a big European bank in a US office and fell into this weird position that sort of feels like I'm "pinch hitting" for different people in various roles day to day. A few years ago I started running monthly and annual financial reports that go out to tons of people, most of whom I have never met and many I've never heard of. Recently I learned that they seem to be being distributed even more broadly across the company and even make their way to execs in Europe. Also learned that our actual financial reporting office is pulling data from these reports and assuming that it's 100% accurate. I feel like it might only be a matte of time before they realize that this shit has nothing to do with my true role in the company and has been half-assed from the start.

Work as a contractor for the NSA/CIA doing cyber security. I work 50/50 remotely in VA, and my home in Portland ME. My "work" in Portland is more or less being at my computer for 7.5 hours to troubleshoot problems for the installers doing new installs, and then I do migrations when i'm in VA.

Half the time I just trade crypto, and watch videos hang with my gf I never have to do anything when working remotely. The other half the time I'm in a red zone so no internet/phone/usb's and time goes by like hell. Overall make about 90k and work 35 hours/week. Can't complain for first job after the Air Force @ 23yr old.

Interviewing for a job at Amazon doing AWS soon though, for that big pay bump.

Haha BRITANIA RULES THE WAVES AND BRITONS NEVER WILL BE SLAVES!!!! HAHAHAH

You need to learn better at managing your own time. Give reasonable deadlines. Don't just say, yeah, I'll get this done for you. Instead say, I'll give you a status update on xyz date when you think you would be able to have something to tell them. If you cave in to everyone, you're going to run into problems with everyone. Learn to properly prioritize your time. You're digging yourself your own whole, and you're blaming others for your own problems. People will abuse you if you don't know how to stand up for yourself. Unless you learn quickly, you'll never make it.

I'm about to be a senior at top tier university majoring in economics because originally I wanted to go into IB.

However, I've realized that I really don't want to be a wagecuck and would rather pursue my other passions that are not lucrative. I'm genuinely hoping my crypto investments will end up paying off so I don't have to waste time doing some meaningless job.

>wagecuck
>frustrations
I genuinely like having a steady source of income. And I used to have a job I liked too.

That said I went back to college because I wanted to generate said-income through engineering and creating cool shit.

I have a Roth IRA being comfy and generating money while I do nothing.

When I get out of school I'll get some index funds.

I'm gonna make it.

Are the numbers correct at least?

Factory or Construction?

If you hate the job or management is retarded you should just leave ASAP. Fuck sticking around for a year for optics, it doesn't matter. I was a wage slave for my first three years out of college, now at 27 I make $150k/year at a video game company and I've got ~200k in equity. Never would have gotten here without taking absurd risk and leaving jobs the moment I was bored or stopped learning new things.

Hey man I can look at your resume, if you give me an email address I can contact you. Or if you just want to post it on here with all your personal info blocked out I don't mind critiquing and I'm sure other people in the thread will too.

R-really?

desu roughly a year before working the job I have now I was working as an overnight stocker for a grocery store. We're all gonna make it senpai.

If you are an EU immigrant move to a more employee friendly country. I don't know a lot about European labor laws but I imagine one of those places has to be better.

Shit senpai, I know how you feel sort of. A lot of my job involves auditing underwriters for the shit loans they've underwritten. I've been responsible for finding millions in shit underwriting or outright fraud. It gets stressful when people expect those kinds of results from you.

Tbh I think my manager realized this was the problem. We've developed a process now for all these requests to go through but I think the damage is already done. The other managers have already gotten used to just walking up and asking for random shit that it's hard to break the habit. Maybe it will get better, maybe it won't. IDK. I've found that nobody is telling me I'm doing a bad job, so I've started leaving on time instead of staying late, and I've just started telling people reasonable times for when they will have things done instead of right away. They usually get pissy but it is what it is.

I agree with you for the most part. I'm really not the type of person to blame other people for my problems. I am trying to work on the things that I know I can fix and that are my fault but I also believe that I'm not doing myself any favors by assuming literally everything is my fault.

My degree is in Economics. Here's my advice. Go to grad school.

When I'm a wagecuck my weight melts off me, it's the only benefit. Being an overweight neet kinda sucks but it doesn't affect me other than appearance and I don't want to get laid, I'm content jerking off.

One of these days I'll get bored Enough to get some brainless job with minimal labor just so I can lose weight easily. I already have enough bitcoins to never have to work again

Haven't you made a thread about something similar? Sounds quite familiar .

Help your boss do an ICO on the company, split the coins, dump on bizfags who will buy any shit coin. Buy lambo. Screen cap this

>Any help at all would be appreciated.
When ever someone writes this it make me not want to help them.