Paradigm Shifting Work Philosphy

Read any good books lately?

Veeky Forums style.

"Retirement as a goal or final redeption is flawed for at least three solid reasons:

a. It is predicated on the assumption that you dislike what you are doing during the most physically capable years of your life. This is a nonstarter - nothing can justify that sacrifice..."

Yes, love 4 hour work week

Also highly recommend Zero to One by Peter Thiel

can I get a quick rundown on how to only work 4 hours?

4hww changed my life. Now I hang out and fuck my gf while building apps and trading crypto (for fun). Ama.

If you like psychology or behavioural economics I recommend reading Thinking fast and slow

how did this book get you from not doing those things to doing those things? did you already have a programmer background? how did you get into crypto? i'm a complete newfag to this board but i can't fucking do retail anymore, yet i still need money to pay my way through to an engineering degree.

I didn't want to have a 9-5 so was trying diff things. Book simplified it philosophically/logistically. I hire developers to make my ideas into apps.

Read this a few year ago and applied one lesson.

I hired some Pajeet to be my virtual assistant and research topics and to put together rough outlines/written papers for some blow off mandatory class in college. I only paid him like $4 an hour and he did a decent job.

The title is a metaphor for optimization.

Any recs?

I had it but sold it. I felt it was too dense for me at the time and I had other things to read.

only read the summary notes but 'How to Fail at Almost Everything and Still Win Big' by Scott Adams seems surprisingly insightful. He covers a lot of ground in it.

basically what I walked away with his his "goals are for losers" mentality and that the most important metric in your life is your energy levels.

What he means by "goals vs. systems" concept - which is not original, I think Dante Nero the relationship expert talks about something similar - but Adam's crystallized it for me.

The way he explains it is "I want to shed 20 pounds" is a goal.
Instituting a diet or a exercise regime is a system - and by the way, that can be as simple as always keeping your pantry full of filling foods and meals so you don't order take out or binge eat junk food because you're too stressed/lazy to cook a proper meal.

They both might accomplish the same thing, the difference is that once you've shed 20 pounds with a goal mentality you're probably gonna indulge yourself afterwards and eventually undo all your hard work.

Another example he says is if you've been hired for a nice job, immediately start looking for a better job. The way I think of it is, 1. You're already in the Job seeking mindset and have momentum in it, 2. You're not ready for the better job - but you want to be able to capitalize on it when you are and a job opportunity comes you way
(1/2)

>The title is a metaphor for optimization.
So is it saying that what you normally do in say, 8 hours, you can do in 2 sort of thing?

Where do you find clients/customers?

(2/2)

The other thing I walked away with is that your personal energy level is the most important metric you have.

The way I understand it: If you're energized then you might have twice as much energy as a day where you're tired and groggy. That means that on a energized day you can dedicate 50% of your time to something and get the same result as a tired and groggy day where you put 100% of your focus on something.

To put it another way, your energy level multiples your effectiveness.

>Don't have that another beer at midnight, you'll pay double for it tomorrow morning

TL;DR
>'How to Fail at Everything and Still Win Big' taught me:
>Explains why you should institute permanent "systems" that chip away and maximize your chances of accomplishing stuff
>Personal Energy Levels is paramount, because it multiplies your effectiveness.

I hire devs to make my apps that I monetize. I don't have clients.

Also, unironically, this book. I only flipped through it while I was at a girl's house but it blew my fucking mind just the short bits I read. I'm a very untidy person, but there are two things that blew my mind:
>Your bookshelf is a statement of the kind of person you want to be perceived as, if you haven't read a book - why are you keeping it? If you have read a book - why hold onto it?
>Have a "In Box", a physical spot where you put things that need to be done.
For a while I tried to implement this, I'd put all my shit on top of my pillow so I couldn't go to sleep until I had put all the shirts on hangers, all the books on shelves, read all the articles/magazines whathaveyou...That way those things would get DONE, and immediately. But I ended up just dumping shit on the floor and going to sleep anyway, but it's a great idea - I just need to hack myself and trick myself into implementing it.

It all relates back to Scott Adams and systems thinking, if you constantly tidy up things, throw away old magazines and clothes, a series of constant small acts you're always "tidying" and you don't need to have a massive "clean up".

Just like Scott Adam's thing about dieting and goal weights.

forgot pic

Do you hired marketers too? Where's your funnel?

No funnels. All organic traffic from App Store.

Nice.
On average how long does it take to develop an app?

Few weeks at most.

user, you are not concerned about copyright issues? I mean, the developers "stealing" your idea?

Never. 50+ apps in my portfolio and have worked with dozens of devs. Most devs are too dumb to figure out how to make money with apps desu. They just know how to make them. Ideas aren't worth dick.

it's retarded to worry about this

every "good" idea WILL be copied, the difference is the amount of resources you are willing to dump into the copy/product/business

firms try and copy popular apps but then they are stuck maintaining those apps and competing with the original (who probably cares way more about the product because it is their baby), and if all the clone apps are duds, they become yet another sunk cost for the person doing the stealing

tldr you can steal anyone's idea but then you have to follow through on it

Nailed it