Tfw took out a 70k loan to study liberal arts

>tfw took out a 70k loan to study liberal arts
>no job offers yet
>no income for 6 months
>parents threatening to kick me out
>bank keeps sending letters
How do people get a job in this terrible market?

nice degree m8, apply at mcdonalds
gl

I went abroad.

join antifa and use the connects to find a job

kys

You don't get a job, you leverage your liberal arts skills and work either as a freelancer or start your own business

>inb4 liberal arts skills lol wut

You studied film? Now you make instructional videos
You studied sculpture? Now I guess you're working with a big retailer with visual merchandising - where to position stock so it most engages the customer, using space

You can also try and get a job with Bridgewater or one of the Big 4 consultancies, they like to have Lib Arts majors around to "introduce new ways of thinking"
>i.e. by having one person who studied Art History they can pretend they don't smother out original thinking or root problem solving and not change anything

Sales will teach you how to not be as much of a faggot that you are right now
Get good and it's easily 100k in a b2b environment

why would anyone unironically study liberal arts? i honestly don't get it. just stay out of college until you actually know which degree you want not this unfocused bs

a good resume and cover letter, you piece of shit. You just need to be genuine in your cover letter, show them that you care about the work/job and how you education and experience apply.

>unfocused bs
>bs
>BA

Good.
Fucking loser.
Go apply at the liberal arts factory.
Oh wait...

because the arts/humanities are interesting?

>Provides a structure.
>Some people learn better face to face than through books
>Access to library collections
>(if you're doing a technical art) access to studios, equipment and other resources... the biggest thing stopping most painters is having to rent a studio.
>Realized at an early age that the universe and human life is pointless and so whether you're an accountant, a stay at home mother, or a truck driver it makes no difference in the cosmic level and the only thing there is that gives you any sense of purpose is to make pretty pictures in an ugly world filled with mass-produced middle-class homes, gaudy Coca Cola Advertisements, and Kardashian Klones YOU WILL BE ASSIMILATED
>Didn't know what you want to do when you were 18, so you picked something that "looked easy" and now regret it and are further proof that no one under the age of 30 should be responsible for anything ever and Wilde was right when he said Youth is Wasted on the Youth

is there anything more pathetic than people who chase careers like accounting because they're afraid of being outside of the middle class?

if you don't go to school to study what you're legitimately, deeply interested in, and then MAKE IT WORK, you're a fucking loser. what a waste of life

wow look a nihilist advocating for a liberal education.

Do everyone a favour and pre-emptively assimilate yourself.

My fucking sides.

And these fucking brainlets think their gender studies degrees have any fucking use in the real world.

Yeah lots of things are interesting, it doesn't mean people should take out a 70k loan and make their career depend on it like OP did.

lel so no actual reasons to pick it over a STEM major, got it.

Wasn't talking about myself, just trying to give y'all some explanations.
Some people are just turned on by different things, and Veeky Forumsnessmen it's not our job to judge - but to exploit it.

Ehhhh that assumes that there is a reason for doing STEM. If you're someone who thinks there's things more important than money, especially while still young and not quite grasping that even if money isn't important it is the thing that gets you everything that *IS* important there is no reason to do STEM.

I mean if you don't like science, or don't have an Engineers brain why do STEM just for the money? I'm not saying a Lib Arts degree is better, but saying for some people it's more aligned with their values... provided they can find some way of sustaining themselves.

Incidentally creative majors in Australia make a disproportionately higher average salary... once they get over the age of 40
>I assume it's because 20 years of living lean makes them very canny and resourceful

le DAE STEM 4 lyfe

I have the money for college but for some reason my parents want me to take out a government loan. Then when I say, "I don't need the loan I already have the money," they go ballistic, turn into screeching banshees with the eyes of heroin addicts and yell about "free" money and MOAR money. What is with some people and their addiction to loans. It's complete insanity.

>I have the money
You mean your parents have the money.

>doing STEM for the money
yeah no

what you haven't seemed to get yet, user, is that money doesn't get you anything that's important. but you will get that sometime before you're dead, if you're lucky.

Bait.

They become great analytical / critical thinkers, have much better social and leadership skills than autistic or quirky engineers, and are great communicators overall.

That is, if they take advantage of their time in college.

Sadly the job market doesn't value them.