Was the USSR a fascist state?

Was the USSR a fascist state?

>heavily nationalistic
>rejected foreign culture and influence
>believed the whole world had to be reigned by it's ideology (and by extension, by themselves)
>everyone is equal but government (of the "people") is supreme mentality
>didn't allow free media, being against the state was enough to be branded a traitor
>government heavily involved in the organization of the economy

Sounds a lot like the tenets of fascism.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_conflict
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_fascism
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

It was based on class conflict instead of class cooperation, so literally the opposite of fascism.

Care to elaborate?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Corporatism
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Class_conflict

According to Mussolini then yes.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_fascism

>stalinism denotes the entire history of the USSR
>describing russian culture in general
good bait, still not giving you your (you)

According to our modern definition of "fascist" as opposed to "fascism," yes.

The things I mentioned remained truth trough the whole history of the USSR. Maybe there was more freedom given to the press in later years, that I am not sure about..

after stalin came khrushchev, he adopted some reforms and made the ussr in general a better place to live
but then came brezhnev and an array of other shit leaders who refused to make economic reforms and retained stalins policies, that and people realizing how shit their government was after being given freedoms ultimately led to the USSR's collapse

Funny, Khrushchev is usually spoken of as a rather brutal man too. Admittedly I don't know much about him.

Even with that in mind, Mussolini didn't belive communism could change the human nature condition. Stalin was close to be a fascist but he believed in the "engineering of soul", he want bend the human contition with a extreme egelaterism.

All governments are fundamentally fascist, and I don't even say that disparagingly.

Half the point of fascism was that hierarchies are natural and good, and that the various classes (capitalists to laborers to middle class and so on) should work together for the betterment of the state and nation.
Basically right-wing collectivism.

Mental gymnastics

Thanks for the (you) :^)

if this is the case, it's basically ignoring what marx was saying.

>CAPITALISM was supposed to change the condition of people/culture/how-we-relate-to-things (example: a subsistence farmer looks at the world a lot differently than a factory worker)

I personaly think that Stalin considered himself to be Marxist-leninist (or just actual communist) but accidentaly created fascist-like state.
Kruschev did a lot of bad stuff and blamed literally everything of that on Stalin when he died.

>that and people realizing how shit their government was after being given freedoms ultimately led to the USSR's collapse
That's why 77,85 % of people voted for preservation of Soviet Union

kill all commie sympathizers

No. Those are modern and incorrect assumptions of fascism. Those are actually just the traits of a totalitarian regime.