Veeky Forums I DID IT

Guys my life just fucking changed.

If you live in the Tampa Bay Area, expect like five, six, possibly seven high-end South Tampa restaurants to start accepting BTC in the next month or so.

I met a bunch of local restauranteurs this weekend and they have no idea how crypto works, so I'm setting up bitpay for a grand each. Plus I made a huge connection.

pic unrelated

I know a few thousand dollars probably isn't much for some of you lads, but for an 18 year old saving for a new car it's fucking huge. There's a lot more to the story too but I doubt you neets would care

Well done OP

>"Hi. Wonderful food. Can I pay with Bitcoin?"

Thanks fellow Tampanon! Ill definitely take advantage of this, which restaurants?

buy shit car and invest rest in bitcoin again

>>free food
>>lambo later

I love this board. Any other board would have called you a faggot and disregarded your OP.

Nice work btw, OP.

Tampa user here. Don't be a faggot, post the restaurants. A lot of them already take BTC through Menufy.

How did you go about doing this op? I live in fort myers and want to do the same thing down here

>hey steve, there's a good restaurant that recently opened on downtown and it's accepting cryptocurrencies as payment, let's go out for dinner tonight.
>I can't, btc is dipping right now and my portfolio is 40% down

Gotchu bro. Ava, 717 South are like locked down. Also all the burger 21s in the area.

My target customer

I promise you, if I told you how this happened it would sound like a LARP. I literally just got lucky and was in the right place at the right time.

picrel is unironically me getting on said plane. Dox if you want

Why not just buy a TenX card and pay with Bitcoin at ANY restaurant?

>why wouldn't you just tell them how to get around what you're about to charge them to set up?

because I don't hate money?

mirin hard man, pls share

I travel a lot for fun. I was going to start telling people when they ask what I do that I consult with businesses who want to accept cryptocurrency to sort of put out feelers.

I imagine if anyone referred me to any business interested I could just walk them through how to integrate and just end up telling them to get the app with a point of sale system on it to accept crypto.

do u not realise youre hurting bitcoin, user
once the restaurant owners realise how unlikely it is for anyone to pay using bitcoin in the current situation, theyll stop bothering to support the system

the later on once the bitcoin climate becomes more suitable for use as a currency, theyre gonna feel they got burned last time and refuse to implement it

Nice job, family's down there, I'll have to visit and check them out

Well, you are doing great work shilling my bags. Please continue and post of your successes on Veeky Forums. Hopefully other anons wake up to this niche and start doing the same so Bitcoin grows with normie money

aight

>my dad's a local sportscaster so he has a LOT of connections
>his college roommate's company's stock blows tf up; the guy cashes out 200 mil and buys a fucking jet
>invites him to come to the game in Atlanta
>dad in turn invites me
>I jump on the opportunity to elevator-pitch this guy my app(I've posted about this before here)
>print out five copies of business plan and zip the fuck down to Tampa
>usually the ride from Tallahassee to Tampa takes four hours, I did it in 2 and a half because I'm not about to miss out on this shit
>I got my business plan in the hands of a bunch of literal millionaire ex-fratboys
>I explain what cryptocurrencies are, inflating myself to seem a lot smarter than I actually am(I am just a college freshman who works at Publix and programs in my freetime)
>I was planning on going to a party in atlanta with some friends, but ditched the plan and DD'd for all these Rich guys instead so I could keep planting the ideas of working w/ them
>got invited back on the plane for the Clemson game later on this season
>set up a bunch of meetings to present my "research" (setting up bitpay or menufy) to these guys

it's all coming together lads

Make sure to hard sell them on how crazy crypto can be and that it is difficult so they keep you in the loop user. Im doing this is miami, the more they rely on you the better.

Could be, but you have to realize these guys are literal millionaires. If they can start massing(even small amounts) of btc from their restaurants, giving their good friend's son, an aspiring entrepreneur and programmer, a few thousand dollars to do it, it's not that big of a deal. What's 3 grand to someone worth seven million?

It took me nearly half an hour to explain how mining works, and I probably didn't do a very good job. They were hooked. I even set them up on Coinbase with my referral code.

Good for you user, although I would try and diversify since you're setting up a payment method that you know to be obsolete

Wait, can I actually do this?
Can I sell the service of setting up bitpay and make money doing it???

Start an entire firm that sets up bitpay for local compnaies?

u realise there are businesses that do all sorts of much more mundane services for technologically-illiterate local companies

things like training them how to use microsoft word

training people to use bitcoin is a heck of a lot more legitimate

Oh for sure. That's what the app I was talking about before is for. I'm splurging and buying a 5 year old mustang in cash first(because my current car is older than me, and is getting ready to die)

After that, half of what I make building websites and setting these sort of things up goes into crypto(I'm already holding .5 btc and 3 ETH, that's it for now), and the other half is being saved to get professional developers and advertising for my app.

Yes, it's so easy. You just need to meet the right people

Will do, it helps all of us desu

The more people see the word "bitcoin" out in public, the more they'll be interested. Any publicity is good publicity at this point.

Also I feel this could work well for car dealerships, but I don't know much about how they do business.

Generally when I need to get a discount on something, I offer a company that sells it a website redesign, and it's worked so far. This would work the same way.

One time there was a girl I was talking to(I was 17 at the time) and she worked at a local pizza restaurant, so I got the owner's Whois info and made them a website for free pizza specifically so I could go in all the time and talk to said girl. Worked too, dated her for 9 months