Why Japanese emperor living now?

I'm Japanese.27years old.
I knew why Japanese emperor living today and I heard Douglas MacArthur and Japanese emperor have a good story for Japan
He decided not kill Japanese emperor.
I wondered how many American know why Japanese emperor living now.
How many American people have a proud to Douglas MacArthur decided not kill Japanese emperor?

Obviously not Japanese but that aside it was one the main conditions of the surrender that the emperor remain in his position but he had to give up claims of in some way being divine and iirc Hirohito was largely uninvolved in the war

Thanks your relpy. I'm Japanese.
your opinion is right. he have not authority for Japanese army I think already he is symbol.
what is iirc? sorry I don't know that,

>iirc
I I remember correctly
And no I don't think Hirohito swayed the army much as it largely acted independent of the government and often conducted whatever it wanted without government orders

Japanese army is sometime independent decision to attack. if emperor said "please save my life" to Douglas MacArthur. I think he kill emperor.

Thank you for telling me "iirc" mean.

Douglas MacArthur didn't kill the emperor because he thought the Japanese had a slave like mentality and that if they didn't have an emperor, they would go communist.

He not only allowed a war criminal to escape while innocent Japanese soldiers were hung, he and that pimple on his ass, Edward Almond, actively sought to cover up his crimes, and censor those Japanese who would question why someone responsible for so much suffering had a right to still be on the throne.

Oh, and just in case it wasn't clear, I think MacArthur was one of the most deeply shameful characters in American history.

Why shameful Characters?
I know he have not good personality. but he is good commander at WW2 except Philippines.

They would never have done anything to the emperor. They would have had nationalist rioting in the streets and a full on revolt on their hands.

天皇陛下万歳!

what do you think Emperor System? so many Japanese don't care for emperor now.but I think almost Japanese doesn't want that abolition emperor system. Are you American?
What do you think emperor system? I just wonder how feeling nothing that system country people.

Why don't you at least consult your dictionary?

Why is Japanese broken English so cute? I want to keep OP in my house

>> They would never have done anything to the emperor. They would have had nationalist rioting in the streets and a full on revolt on their hands.

ooh. Ohh that makes sense.

>> 天皇陛下万歳!

ありがとう。 私は天皇陛下は好きだけど万歳ではないよ。
I like emperor but not adored emperor.
Instead so many Japanese soldier want to save their family.not emperor. I hope almost soldier thinking same.

OP are you that Japanese girl who was answering our questions about Japanese history a few weeks ago?

no. not that girl. but my question is my wife question. Her english is more bad my english.
we talk to world history this afternoon.so my wife want to ask to that question to American.

>>Why don't you at least consult your dictionary?

sorry just I wanted to talk directly.

Damn your wife sounds cool.

But your English is horrible. It's not polite to ask something in an American board. You can use translation service site, too.

haha.
yes my wife is cool(^^).
She want to talk other country people for understand different way of thinking.
my wife said "all reply guys is pretty good. Thanks using your important time".

No bully, pls. He just wants to learn

I’m terribly sorry. I should using polite English.
Thanks tell me my english is no polite.

Hm. Subaru, what part of Japan are you from?

OK. I love you now.

from Kanagawa prefectureYokohama city.

My wife feeling very glad to talk to guys.
She said all guys have a humanity(Japanese said humanity="NINJO-人情" NINJO is difficult to description. but very good means.

Interesting. How do you feel about the current Emperor abdicating his throne, instead of dying in power like the others?

It's not accepted in american culture to ask questions in broken english. You are being very rude, you should apologise and leave as soon as possible

>It's another episode of an AmeriFag thinking he owns this website

wew lad

OP specified that he adressed his question to americans, begone europoor

Fuck off, cunt. He's trying his best and we can understand what he's saying just fine.

She said "It is good things.Please rest fully."
He already too old and he have been working hard last 29 years.(Japan era 29 now. 平成29年)"
Start new Japan era when abdicating his throne.
She looking forward to start new japan era.
Many Japanese guess new japan era.

Can we start picking apart your English language skills as well? Your last post had tense inconsistencies and was missing a full stop. Also you used the Queen's English-spelling so I'm going to assume you're not even American? Bit weird bruz.

you are in america
a good portion of people in this country barely speak english, you HAVE to be cletus the third living in selma alabama if you take offense to broken engrish, youve never been to the outside world. YOU are the shameful one, never daring to experience the cultural diversity (no memes, its the reality) of this great country. kill yourself

I'm as american as apple pie

t. butthurt weebs eager to defend a jap
Go hug your body pillow

>t. assdamaged egocentricfag

This image board website is a weeb board entirely from the start. It was created by a weeb boy and is managed by a Japanese guy now.

Not an excuse for you to be a weeb

Not gonna lie, an American spelling apologize with an 's' seems exceptionally retarded.

Except it literally is

MURICA
FUCK YEAH
GONNA TEACH THE JAPS A MOTHERFUCKIN LESSON

What's your favourite colour?

From what I understand, Japanese were ready to go really far to protect their emperor, and letting some puppet called emperor survive the war while stripping him of all power wasn't an expensive price, especially when Soviet were invading manchuria at an incredible speed.

Aside from covering up Hirohito's crimes, MacArthur has a long history of wrongful and criminal behavior.

Do you know how he got the command of the Philippines? During the great depression, veterans from the First World War protested outside the capitol, hoping to get their pensions early, for fear that they would starve before they'd receive the pension. MacArthur was tasked to maintain order, and all on his own, he declared the soldiers to be a dangerous communist insurrection, and dispersed them with force, including the use of tanks, against crippled, old, unarmed veterans. After that, he was sent to the Philippines where it was thought he wouldn't make much trouble (and took bribes from the Phillipino government).

He was never a good general, only winning when he had overwhelming advantages. In Korea he showed this, when he was badly beaten by the Chinese, who were a second rate army.

MacArthur was never a good general, he was a corrupt, rightwing politician who collected a general's salary. He would have fit in fine in Japan during this period.

Japan's decision to go to war with the US was the biggest gamble, and completely retarded. I'm not sure you can completely blame the emperor for Japan turning it's back on democracy and embracing madness. Americans don't give a shit about monarchs as a rule. I personally find it creepy that a foreign figurehead gets lots of prime Tokyo real estate, tax money, his own government agency, and death cult surrounding him.

I haven't studied MacArthur in Japan enough to comment on him. I do know he was fired because he wanted to Nuke the border between North Korea and China during the Korean War.

Thanks your reply.
I almost understood. but
>>Letting some puppet called emperor survive the war while stripping him of all power wasn't an expensive price.
sentence is don't understand quickly.
(google translator is return bad Japanese.)
I try understand your reply. maybe ask my friend s tomorrow. she is speaking fluent English.

Soviet is very important why living emperor.
US Government fear Japan would go communist.

>>Letting some puppet called emperor survive the war while stripping him of all power wasn't an expensive price.
権力を剥ぎ取られた天皇という名の操り人形を生かしておくことはたやすいことだった

ohhhh. you reply is very useful for us.

I know MacArthur want to be president, but didn't to be that. He little bit overestimate himself.
He is very popular in japan 1945 -194x.then he misunderstood "I'm popular in USA",

ohhh. I got it. Thanks!
It is interesting.

日本語でおk

まじか。きれいな日本語だと思った。

I find it kind of odd how fast the Japanese changed their opinions about America after the war.

Thanks guys.
My wife understood "Why Douglas MacArthur is not popular in USA history.
She thinking "60-70 years ago Japanese people think Douglas MacArthur did good things for economy and food and more" but it is japan story.

yeah it is odd. GHQ education is big part.
my wife said "
She thinking many Japanese women adore American culture. and Japanese education didn't teach hate other country. That's why almost Japanese didn't hate USA and other country."

Thanks your relpy.
Your message is interesting for us.
Japanese emperor is just symbol now.but my wife feel like parent. if emperor is gone,she feel sad but not strong need emperor for her life.
really emperor position is odd.

huh always thought it was "if I recall correctly". Not that it makes much of a difference.

just like the royalties in european countries

But the Showa emperor is kill

>She want to talk other country people for understand different way of thinking.
That's nice. I also want to know other cultures opinion, what do you think about this image? It is the most accurate depiction of an american "person"

>american board
>america
>history

Why do Asians never practice their English? I've never seen a Chinese exchange student once attempt to speak English to me, while every student from South America, Europe, and the Asia beyond East/South East Asia, are more than willing to speak.

Hey OP

how much do the Japanese know about the bad things they did in World War 2?

For example Germany has it taught to them almost too much about their war crimes, but because Japan signed a good treaty i think they don't learn about the bad stuff as much.

Do the Japanese learn a lot about the Rape of Nanking the bad stuff to Koreans?

They don't try to socialize outside of their group because they know that they will be ridiculed. Hence why they never speak english

They're ridiculed for speaking broken English because they literally do not try, yet want to study in an English-speaking country that only offers degrees in French and English.

Not only that, asians are being ridiculed for being nerdy and having weird habits too.
They don't bother practicing the language since they know that their uni will have enough asians to form a group and communicate within that group

But they need to communicate with their professors. My university is very small, so one answers to them. They have to be able to write in English (most cannot.)

It's a serious problem. Most of them cheat on their TOEFL.

To be honest I think it would have been an immense tragedy for the oldest institution on the planet to be destroyed. He probably wasn't even guilty of propagating the war, though it's also possible the Americans covered it all up.

Punishing war criminals is a meme anyways though, just a way for the victor to justify themselves-- plenty of Americans committed crimes worse than anything the Emperor ordered. Even if he was guilty of war crimes the best option was the one McArthur took-- pardon the Emperor, stabilize Japan, and end the war without more bloodshed.

I knew the Emperor survived the war and the position is still in place today. Although we were enemies back then, vicious enemies at that, the war was decided. A surrender is a surrender and to continue killing Japanese would have made us the same as the enemy we fought so hard to destroy

Hello
I am his wife.
Thank you for answering a lot of my questions
I do not have good English as he said and I will use google translation

He and I also learned a lot by asking questions
I am very happy

I also want to know other cultures opinion, what do you think about this image? It is the most accurate depiction of an american "person"
I think that discrimination is not good
But there is discrimination even among Japanese
Japanese do not say discriminatory ideas much, but I think that they discriminate in the mind
That's why I felt it was a very straightforward expression when I saw the image
I think that it is very sad to judge people and judge people in the country
I'm more glad if everyone gets along

ching chong (͠≖ ͜ʖ͠≖)

I am sorry that my English is not good
I think that English that is learned at school is very low and that few people can conduct everyday conversation is not good, including me
Moms who have been learning English since now were more now than years ago
From now on, it is necessary for more Japanese to become international
I think that there are still many immature Japanese, including me, but I will do my best and I will study, so please let me know if I'm wrong

I will do my best as I can answer accurately if I heard the way first!
Thank you

Just a little tip, when giving your opinion on things (like your experience of being taught english) the words "Good" and "Poor" are usually used instead of "high" and "low"

It was for the best, if we killed him at the time it would've been the equivalent of committing deicide, and as we learned from Jesus bad things happen if you kill the guy people believe is god.

It's extremely difficult to learn any language in a classroom, because of the high degree of practice required.

American here, I've heard that you guys teach english like we teach Spanish. Badly.

We teach spanish really badly, no immersion, force it on elementary children that don't want to learn it.

Best way to learn english would honestly be to read english forums. I wish my Japanese was good enough to read 2ch.

>iirc Hirohito was largely uninvolved in the war
That's actually pretty hotly disputed

I don't think he was uninvolved, but I think Tojo was mainly calling the shots

many americans know that macarthur was a flawed commander in later years, but on the whole was a great leader.

historical revisionism

Another american here.

How do you guys handle working such long hours? Working 12 hour shifts and then having to drink with your coworkers seems crazy to us. I can't imagine my childhood without spending time with my Dad after he finished working.

Can you post pics of wife wearing an octopuss as a hat?

As a brit, I can confirm. I'm not going to charge into an American trench swinging a claymore any time soon, but the Queen is well liked and I would hate to see the monarchy go given how integral it is to British history.

James I is my waifu

Because I am stupid, I did not see the textbook properly because I slept even though I went to school
That's why I think I have to become an adult properly and I study and ask questions here

I asked my husband
Japan was saying that he was studying bad things that was a war at school
I am a student who can not study but I understand that Japanese also had plenty of bad things and rude things in war
sorry

Recently I often see news of comfort women issue in Japan
So I think students also learn at school and think about even on television
Japanese are supposed to think that what the Japanese did about the comfort women issue is not good
In my personal opinion I do not think that I can heal my heart by handing money but Japan thinks that I correctly admit my guilt to Korea properly

However, since the thing of seeing the comfort women problem on TV is increasing, Japanese people are dissatisfied with how much they compensate to South Korea
It does not mean that it does not do bad things
But I think Japanese have something to think about agreeing with South Korea
I think that it is not saying that you are forgiving me
Japanese people think that it is dissatisfied there because there are many people who cherish promises or cherish it

There are people who do stupid things, as well as now and now, among the Japanese
Japanese people who go to your country and do something rude think it is a shame
sorry

I'm sorry if I did not answer
Thank you

>And no I don't think Hirohito swayed the army much as it largely acted independent of the government and often conducted whatever it wanted without government orders
This. The idea that Hirohito was in control is ridiculous when even the government wasn't in control of the army.

>Can you post pics of wife wearing an octopuss as a hat?

I'm her husband.why octopuss hat,that is famous japanese anime charactor?
Maybe can't upload pic and we don't have a as octopuss hat. she is very shy.
I just working now(japan time is am 10:42) then instead my wife try reply.

Do you know about the Nanking massacre?

Rabbit is not octopus but is it okay?
It is our family.

My parents are both South Korean immigrants, and I know that I don't speak for all Koreans here but they don't seem too concerned about it. There really is no need to apologize for what your grandfather or your great-grandfather did in the war. Really the only concern here is that instead of denying or apologizing for what happened, we all accept what happened and move on.

>There really is no need to apologize for what your grandfather or your great-grandfather did in the war.
This. The idea that individuals should suffer for the sins of their grandparents, or their nation, or their race even, is a very evil idea.

Hey there user, I just wanted to thank you for coming to the board and being so polite with your questions, even if your English isn't the best it could be. I hope you have a wonderful day and it's always interesting to hear from people in other parts of the world!

Veeky Forums - International Exchange & Pretending to be American

USA ist kacken

If OP still comes to this thread, what do Japanese people think of Portugal? Do they know Portugal was the first western nation to stablish contact with Japan?

MacArthur is my hero

Hi. I'm here.

Yes I know. Portugal is very important country,talk to about 1500-1600 Japan.
Portugal give many new stuff and new culture,religion to japan.
Maybe I remember Portugal people came to Tanegashima island.

haha. Really(^^)?

You and every other libcuck salted because gooks had to get hurt.

>Nanking massacre

Maybe she know Nanking massacre.
but I thought she didn't know detail information.
Nanking massacre is very sad event. I thinking more or less many people died in Nanking(by Japanese army and other group or army). but we can't do not know the exact number of people now.

What do the japanese think/know about tibetans and their weird magic buddhism?