Hi Veeky Forums. I am wondering what your opinion is if I buy four Antminer S9s...

Hi Veeky Forums. I am wondering what your opinion is if I buy four Antminer S9s? Would this be a good idea on making a decent cash flow for me?

Other urls found in this thread:

obelisk.tech/
youtu.be/unu0NnMWOps
twitter.com/AnonBabble

STOP GIVING THIS GOOK MONEY

But if the gook makes good products, why is it a bad idea?

Obelisk SC1 ROI in 2mo and people are still buying shitmain miners.

I am open to suggestions, I will definitely look into it.

obelisk.tech/
kek, they haven't even sold the minimum required yet

OP make sure you're factoring difficulty increases in your calculations.

I had 6 S7s. They were a nightmare of heat and noise. 220 volts needed. I was lucky I didn't burn down the whole neighborhood. You can't live with them in your house, and if you put them outside in a shed and there is any humidity they will rust quickly. And I still wonder why the cops never investigated why my shed was pulling 4 times the average household current for my neighborhood. I know the idea of having a machine that creates money is attractive but just buy coins instead. I spent about 8 bitcoins on them in 2015 and if I'd just hodled the bitcoin I'd be way ahead. So yes, buy S9s.

Wouldn't I technically be able to use them as my heat, leaving my AC off?

I saw a video a long time ago about a guy who set some up in a specially constructed room in his basement for that very purpose. One concern though is air quality. I wouldn't want to breathe air that had passed through hot Chinese electronics. The noise is another problem they scream at an annoying pitch.

>Sia miner.

Yeah... no...

Yeah that's true. I've been looking into cooling systems I could theoretically make. The heat isn't a huge problem as I can easily create an exhaust system. The noise is more of a problem for me.

Sound of the S9. youtu.be/unu0NnMWOps

I set up a neat exhaust system kind of like a smoke hood in a lab where the hot air was sucked out of my shed. Even with that I had to run two airconditioners 24 hours a day to keep the room at 90 degrees F.

That is pretty loud. I guess I'd have to make a custom muffling system as well. Do you recommend the S9s though? I saw you bagging on the S7s and couldn't tell if you were being sarcastic when you said to get the S9s.

Those things are some heavy duty shit for a homeowner.

Yeah, I know. The noise is really for my own comfort of not having to hear it rather than a neighbor getting upset. Same with the heat. You brought up a good point on not breathing in Chinese products air and I've come to the conclusion I shouldn't be warming my house with it.

Yeah sorry I was being an asshead. I recommend saving yourself a lot of work and expense and just buying coins. Back when Ethereum was $10 I remember saying I'm not going to Pay for something I can make myself! So I spent more bitcoins on buying parts and assembled ETH mining rigs. At that same time I invested $30,000 in vending machines to give my wife a business to run, and if I'd used that same money to buy 3000 ETH they'd be worth $1,041,000. Fuck!!!! Just buy coins.

Interesting. Part of why I'm hesitant on buying coins is because I perhaps falsely compare it to the stock market - something risky in choosing what to buy and what to sell. With mining, I could theoretically just deal with an inconvenience of noise and heat and just continue to make a small cash flow where I can be content and only have to work part time. Just seems a bit much for me who doesn't really deal with numbers all too well.

And on the plus side it does give a great feeling of accomplishment to own machines that turn electricity into money. People I showed my mining rigs to were impressed. You do have to keep humidity low or rust will grow quickly on the antminers.

Thanks very much for this information in this thread man, appreciate it. Have a great day.

You would be much better off just buying bitcoin instead.

Or at the very least build a GPU mining rig if you're able to find the GPU's.