It goes beyond just cryptography

Blockchain platforms like Obsidian are not the only cryptography-based messaging platforms. Several other platforms in this category come close to delivering a secure system. However, certain loopholes like centralization and lack of code transparency leaves much to be desired.

For example, Signal requires a phone number and Google services, Telegram uses insufficient encryption methods, Threema does not have self-destructing messages and WhatsApp saves meta-data (It’s also tied to Facebook ownership which can be interpreted as a whole separate issue).

Obsidian offers the positive attributes of all of these apps without compromising privacy and functionality in any manner whatsoever.

It’s not shocking most companies have not turned to blockchain-based messaging as the decentralized nature simply does not coincide with their need for monetization and control.

Blockchain-based messaging platforms uphold the impression of a tool for emancipation. Not only for reasons of secure messaging and privacy of communication, but the ability to integrate commerce/payments into messaging comes as an extra incentive for the public who will embrace the opportunity offered by blockchain technology as a deserved endowment of freedom.

that's great but will I make money?

my body is ready

if you go to works, then yes

user you have to work out for diamond balls and iron hands. Do not sell it cheap

yes. ODN is like Monero meets ETH dude. it's gonna be yuge.

Fuck. Is one masternode enough for lamboland?

10k is plenty

I only bought 300 ODN during ICO, buying 700 more when it hits bittrex

Thank christ. I need my lambo.

technically there is possible to make pools by users to run masternode together

I came into this thread to post this exact thing.

When is this going to launch and where?

no rush, but it should be on some bigger exchange this month. Bittrex will add it much faster than any of erc20 token couse its not security

predictions on opening price for exchanges? Im going to guess not too high because the ICO didn't even sell out.

yea but the unsold coins were burned so....

>...Im going to guess not too high because the ICO didn't even sell out.
This happens often when there are new ICO's using a new code base but no working wallet yet. That looks scammy. The hype hit though since the wallet finally got released.

ICO didn't even sell out couse I and other /smart money/ FUD about it to keeps investors away from it. Every one who read whitepaper put a money in it

exactly. great job, FUDsters. I'll see you guys get a medal for this.

but they fudded so hard that I bought 8k instead of 10k for a masternode. I'm fucked!

One reason it didn't sell it is because people actually thought it was just a messenger.

Lol those poor fools.

Damn.
You're set, dude.

so basically you can minus 50k from 19mln circulation supply couse I am not selling shit for next two years

Or maybe I will cashout some POS/masternode money for some car

lets not get ahead of ourselves yet, we dont know whats going to happen. lets all hope for the best. god speed anons

Bro. Sell me 2k though. Hook a brother up.

you and me make up almost 100k and im not selling either kek

what was the ICO price?

Where on earth do you delusional assholes get your numbers from? Who has stated ANYWHERE that the remaining 70 million ODN won't be in circulation?

It evened out to around 13-14 cents per if you paid with ETH

maybe because we read the white paper and know those coins won't be in circulation until they are generated via PoS?

jesus you are delusional, but you can buy at $10 when I might sell a couple thousand to you if you are lucky

I was one of the people fudding it right after I bought into the ico LOL biz made me an asshole

good. Only strongest one survives in that crypto jungle

I have 15k.

I liked Obsidian immensely, but am beginning to get cold feet from all the euphoria and complete disregard of facts. The whitepaper states black on fucking white that 98 million coins are pre-mined, and that they will burn 8.8 million of them, left over from the ICO. It can literally not be any clearer.

They won't be in circulation until distributed through PoS over the next few years user.

I doubt you own any ODN. you're just a FUDer trying to get some street cred.

Look at page 5, bottom. Fuck you for actually making me read through it again.

God damned retard, what's really hurtful to a promising coin is shilling LIES.

i agree with you that everyone is getting a little too excited for something that isnt even out yet. everyone needs to be realistic about this project. too many greedy people looking to make a quick buck.

Oh, you're right, I misread the whitepaper the first time.
Since I'm invested in the long-term health of the platform and am not looking for a quick buck, I'm ok with it.

>looking to make a quick buck.
no we're not. everyone is excited about ODN's long term prospects.

>knows nothing about ODN
>"I'M SO EXCITED ABOUT IT!"

At least this guy can read You on the other hand is a lost cause. What on earth are you doing in crypto...

what I said is accurate. the remaining coins are giving to people via PoS. they are not in circulation at the beginning. you are just an angry kid.

i have 21,000 of them am i going to make it?

Haha, dear lord. The PoS is 60 second blocks of 20 ODN, which makes for about 10 million per year. Also stated in the whitepaper is their plan to replace PoS with fees within 2-3 years. SO give me a rundown of how those numbers would correspond with their supply of 90 million. Protip: They don't.

Also they write EXPLICITLY how all 90 million coins are to be distributed. PoS coins are mined ON TOP of pre-mined supply.

Unless you have a literal IQ of 80, well played baiting me into actually answering, 10/10 troll

Price predictions?

correct, it's 10 million up and until they reach 90. then the system is replaced with fees.

looks like we getting our coins on the 11th of September boys... what a glorious day that is...

I give up, wp

And if you're serious, then you should be dissected and studied, because that level of mental retardation should have made turning on a computer and stringing words together on the internet a complete impossibility.

Bittrex on Friday.

Don't ask me how I know

we won't even have our coins til next monday wut

Did they announce that on slack? Havent been keeping up

Binance on Tuesday

source plz

what color lambo are you gonna buy user?

check out the official slack senpai, it's on the announcements

only 740 odn here :(

Am I going to make it.

>the year is 2028

user blasts his new 2029 lamborghini obsidiar down the autopilot highway getting blown by a 18 year old semiandroid waifu named obi. as he rolls up a fresh vape of the latest update to og purple gainz he looks out the window at his private space port fueling up his new gulfstream-lamborghini g9000 spaceplane. as the soothing voice of elon musk emanates from his vehicle's autopilot system, (elan uploaded a copy of his consciousnesses in 2024 to the obsidian secure blockchain) letting the couple know they are making the final exit to their destination, he gets a notification on his magic leap contacts that .01 ODN has been debited from his wallet for his aero's refueling fee, and a request to draw an additional .0001 ODN for a fresh stocking of the finest champagne and waifus for his flight to the spaceport off the newly minted coast of terramars's biggest colony, new obsidiar.

You magnificent bastard.

this is fucking sad man,

all of us here thinking we are gonna make it

some of us putting everything we have into crypto

i jsut dont think its gonna end well

I guess I'll cope with this somehow

i want some of these, messaging seems like a good fit for decentralisation

where do I throw my money to get them