Why do the Japanese-at large love to portray him as basically Satan in fiction?

Why do the Japanese-at large love to portray him as basically Satan in fiction?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/AyHbfcXn_Rk?t=2m40s
youtube.com/watch?v=CHUH8M8TRXE
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

He waged war against the Buddhist/peasants anti-war faction. Was vehemently anti-buddhist (possibly christian influence)

They're retards, they see him as a bad guy because he did DISHONORABU things that were totally justified.

I can't be bothered to google it for the exact details but if I remember correctly some buddhists basically tried to assinate him and then when they failed they fled back to their little fort and said "Heh, can't hurt us, this is sacred ground" and Nobunaga was just like "You tried to kill me, I don't give a fuck" and burned the place to the ground with everyone still inside.

There's plenty of stuff that portrays him in a more reasonable light, he's just a very recognizable figure who can easily slotted in as a villain for sengoku fantasy like onimusha and the rest

You don't get to be called Dairoku Tenmaou without burning a few Buddhists

>DUDE IM A DEMON KING LMAAAAO
-A letter that Nobunaga sent to the Takeda.

People tend to have a fairly negative perception of you when you transfer your power into a golden evil statue.

His Samurai Warriors depictement is pretty fair compared to others.
>watch sengoku basara
>nobunaga is a skull drinking satan man
>drop

I don't think they hate him when they portray him that way. There's respect for him because of what he did as the first of the three unifers. Japs have no problem rooting for/loving a villain considering how much they love the Shinsengumi.

Is there any good works on Nobunaga's life? Most of my info on him comes from various weeb sources, latest being Drifters. Otherwise what I know boils down to
>Really competent strategist
>Kinda weird guy
>Liked guns
>Liked guns so much he used them to buttfuck the Takeda
>Took control of Kyoto for a while and deposed the current shogun
>Was on track to rule Japan when he was double-crossed
>Committed sudoku to avoid shamefur dispray
>Also had an African dude in his retinue

You missed the best part where he comes back to life.

>Possibly Christian influence

Not at all. Nobunaga was a vocal atheist. He despised the Buddhists because of their political power which is why he stomped out the Ikko Ikki sect as thoroughly as possible.

But he still actually had shrines built on his lands.

Most of the actual good material on him is in moon runes but you can read the first hand account of his personal biographer.

>Not at all. Nobunaga was a vocal atheist
He was a Euroboo and was in contact with the Jesuits. He may have been an atheist, but he not without Christian influence

>Liked guns so much he used them to buttfuck the Takeda
It wasn't so much that he used guns as much as it was the way he used them. It was raining at Nagashino so the Takeda thought his rifles would be fucked but he was smart enough to have a bunch of rows so he could rotate guys inbetween shots. More importantly he set up barricades in a zig-zag completely negating the Takeda cavalry and leaving them easy pickings for his riflemen.

He got completely buttfucked at Tedorigawa two years later though because as good as he was he wasn't as good as Kenshin Uesugi.

They were arquebus' not rifles

You have failed Veeky Forums

Nah Nobunaga was pragmatist. If Buddhists or any other faithful dared to politicize their influence he'd stomp them out without mercy.

Also he called himself or was called the demon king of 6th heaven which stood for greed in Buddhism so there's that.

The thing is Japan doesn't see him as evil, just a man consumed by his own ambition.

their ancestors are the warlords that Nobunaga rekt during the Shingoku Jedi

That too.

He's basically M. Bison with European armor in SW.

He is a Cao Cao clone actually.

Are we talking about depictions by Koei or movesets ?

Depictions, his moveset was Darth Vader on sake

Can you give me the names of the moon rune materials?

The big one is The Chronicle of Lord Nobunaga by Ota Gyuichi.

It's called Shincho Koki in japanese and its a chronicle of Nobunaga's life from 1568 to 1582 by Gyuichi, a retainer of Nobunaga.

Friendly reminder that Akio Otsuka was the best Nobunaga.
youtu.be/AyHbfcXn_Rk?t=2m40s

Though it was pretty neat that they got Kou Shibusawa to voice him in Nioh.

The absolute madman

Koei loves portraying Nobunaga as a tragic hero though.

I was surprised that Kou can actually act.

I'm gonna need some [source] on claims that he's treated as a pseudo-satan. I've seen way more Chinese Cartoons treat him as a hero at best and a strict commander at worst.

He wasn't portrayed as evil in Nioh

That's what you get for going against the guy literally called the god of war

I've always loved it that Nobunaga in Onimusha is basically just Castlevania Dracula.

Japan is basically tsundere for him, he's a pretty polarizing figure. I think a lot of the more negative portrayals are more of a "love to hate" type of thing, he's always incredibly hammy no matter where he's portrayed.

I like his portrayal in Nioh.

>Edward summons him
>you expect some epic battle
>"NOW, FINISH HIM"
>"I don't take orders from anyone"
>spares your life
>walks off to find his wife
>you fight him later in one of the most hardest boss battles in a videogame because his wife is throwing ice shards at you while he is literally teleporting around you

Good game, highly recommend it if you have a PS4.

You caught him in a bad move

mood*

youtube.com/watch?v=CHUH8M8TRXE

I still need to go back and play the DLC. I bought the season pass but other games came out before the DLC so I've had it on hold for months.

I'm waiting until the 3rd dlc is out before I go back to it.