/NOCOIN/

Who /NOCOIN/ here? Let's discuss our investments that don't involve crypto.

Working on saving some money to invest more in IT sector ETFs. Currently at 4k in my Vanguard portfolio. I'll be putting another 2k in Vanguard and another 2k in Fidelity IT sector ETFs.

What are you investing in?

Other urls found in this thread:

asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/VAS)
asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/ZGO)
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

your an idiot

Your an retard

what a stupid name for a coin

thanks bought 100k

$SHOP

Listen I hate the crypto shills as much as the next guy but yuou should have atleast some bitcoin.

I have $200k in a lazy portfolio of ishares ETFs and Fidelity/Vanguard funds

it's true I have no cryptos, but when bitcoin crashes again, and the streets run pink with wojaks, I might buy a few

I just dumped $40k AUD into VAS (asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/VAS) and $25k AUD into crypto. I also have about $5k AUD in a gold ETF (asx.com.au/asx/share-price-research/company/ZGO) but it sucks balls.

I'm looking for a job now so I can get more capital to put into crypto.

>vanguard
>fidelity
>implying won't get absolutely FUCKED in market crash
fuck off with your shitcoins
OP is a massive faggot
ps buy some kneepads

>10k in stocks
>5k in fiat
>10k in crypto

you'd be retarded to WILLINGLY miss this train

this.

my portfolio is 50% shopify.

its literally like buying amazon back in 2005

Nice brother. For me is abiut 30%. Wish I bought more

pssst stock market will crash on 9/11

I feel unbelievably sorry for you.
>20k stocks
>200k crypto
Didn't even spend 20k on my crypto

Really? I might buy a few shares. Convince me why other than what the charts say.

I've been imitating warren buffets portfolio with $20,000

American Airlines Group Inc 9.65%
Apple Inc 2.52%
American Express Company 17.15%
Axalta Coating Systems Ltd 9.59%
Bank of New York Mellon Corp 4.86%
Costco Wholesale Corporation 0.99%
Delta Air Lines, Inc. 7.22%
Davita Inc 20.17%
Graham Holdings Co 1.92%
General Motors Company 4.12%
Goldman Sachs Group Inc 2.83%
International Business Machines Corp. 5.80%
Johnson & Johnson 0.01%
Kraft Heinz Co 26.73%
The Coca-Cola Co 9.38%

Liberty Sirius XM Group 8.35%
Southwest Airlines Co 7.96%
Mastercard Inc 0.46%
Moody's Corporation 12.92%
Mondelez International Inc 0.04%
Monsanto Company 1.83%
M&T Bank Corporation 3.54%
Procter & Gamble Co 0.01%
Phillips 66 15.77%
Restaurant Brands International Inc

Sanofi SA (ADR) 0.15%
Store Capital Corp 9.80%
Synchrony Financial 2.20%
Torchmark Corporation 5.46%
United Continental Holdings Inc 9.27%
United Parcel Service, Inc. 0.01%
U.S. Bancorp 5.09%
USG Corporation 27.20%
Visa Inc 0.46%
Verisk Analytics, Inc. 0.95%
Verisign, Inc. 12.96%
WABCO Holdings Inc. 0.12%
Wells Fargo & Co 9.43%
Wal-Mart Stores Inc 0.05%

Man, they provide e commerce solutionsfor businesses.

Biggest thing is Amazon used to do what shopify does, but shopify beat them in efficiency, so Amazon dropped their business in that segment and partnered deals with shopify

And eBay was soon after to strike a deal with them too, so they will become the monopoly in this area, lots of speculation of a buy out.

Basically if you're a small or mediumbor large size business you can pay shopify to create e-commerce channels for you. They set you up to accept Visa Mastercard etc. Streamline your online store, etc.
They're adding merchants like crazy and every quarter the revenues are up near 100% to the same quarter previous years

Huge volume of goods being purchased thru shopifys channels, they take a tiny cut every step of the way. Many businesses use them because it's cheaper than doing all this urself

Their only real competitor left is square $SQ

Alright, I took your input and purchased 5 shares. Let's see how this goes.

KEK
E
K

Can't you just buy BRKB?

you'll do well long term. It's a volatile daily stock, can do over 5% up or down any given day with no major news, but long term only growth. Next earnings report is on Halloween, watch for that date. I expect it to move higher as we approach it, last 2 earnings were beats. The options activity is also bullish with lots of open interest in calls, specifically Jan 2018 calls showing investors expect atleast 130$ Shop by then.

Long term investments are fine. I'm young enough to stomach risk, so I'm not worried about the volatility.

$130 by 1Q18 sounds good to me. I expect to buy more if my shares move up 15% within the next 26 weeks. If it doesn't pan out then I just sell the shares and move on.

Thanks again for the stock pick.

~10% of my income is going into a low risk fixed income fund for RRSP (im not paying the full 10%)

I have 3k in a trading account that I'm moving to etrade to fuck with. Not sure how this works I've never bought stocks before. May buy Tesla, Apple, Nike and do some research for Rare Earth Mineral companies.

No problem man. Me too I'm looking to buy on any pull backs. Most watched metrics for the company is new merchants using shopify, volume of goods processed through them, and their top line (revenue) growth compared to same quarter last yr.

Truth is I'm new to investing, so ETF's in general seemed like a good buy to me. I don't mind dabbling in a few shares here and there, but nothing too crazy. I'll keep watching the news for anything Shopify related.

No worries man, etfs are good to diversify easily and cheaply. You'll get more and more into stock picking, under certain market conditions stock picking can be superior, most of this summer was, hell most of the nasdaqs Gains out of 100 stocks only 4 or 5 brought alot of the gains for the entire index the whole yr (fang stocks)

you missed the big run on some of the rare earth companies

Albemarle (ALB) was a big winner for me for lithium exposure

This is true, though I wish early August didn't dip like it did with the whole North Korea issue.

In any case once I have a little more footing in the US markets I'll start expanding to international investments and some bonds. Go the whole 50/30/20 route.

No since BRKB doesn't allow me to control my portfolio and what I put in it. Lets say that I don't agree with some of buffets investment decisions, I can change the allocation when I see fit.

I spent 3 years in ETFs. Went from 10k to 13k, so about 10% gain per year, give or take.

I've spent 3 months in crypto. Went from 4,000 to about 12,500, so about 100% gain per month, give or take.

Honestly I wouldn't recommend bonds in these conditions, they're yields are trash. Even with interest rates going up it will be meager. Limit fixed income, I'd only recommend it to older people who need security and can't wait out a market decline. Maybe just put 10% for safety but like I'm 95% stocks, 2.5% precious metal and 2.5% cash. Include a bit of bitcoin, it acts like a hedge like gold. The rest I'd go stocks. Put in some defensive stocks if you want safe shit, like retirement homes and utilities like electricity and power companies

You think BTC is really worth the investment? I mean I don't mind trying a new investment and all, but BTC is just obscenely high right now and I'm not familiar with how crypto works.

Also what is "a bit" to you?

Like a small hedge. I'd dedicate about 5% of my portfolio to be a hedge against market turmoil and currency depreciation. If stocks tank, if the USD or other currencies have a crisis, you can bet both gold and btc will be up. That being said I wouldn't plan on selling the btc, its pretty illiquid. It's there to make ur portfolio not look so bad when stocks all took a shit. You can sell the gold, gold Contracts are liquid as fuck. You can also use derivatives but those have time decay. If you have 10,000 in stocks have 250 bucks of gold/silver and 250 bucks in bitcoin. I don't have any right now but I may but a bit after the next dip, I expect cryptos to dip next in the cycle

Truth is my monthly investment contribution is mostly heading towards my company's traditional and Roth 401k's. The extra side money I would invest outside of that is minimal -- roughly 1.5k/month -- which makes the BTC investment of 5% somewhat superfluous. I understand it's liquidity, but diversifying only $75 a month to gold seems to make it more mundane than satisfying for me. Does my explanation sound logical, or is there something I'm missing?

>4k vanguard portfolio

So you make like $200 a year

wew lad

Yeah it's not much, maybe instead of doing it each month just rebalance it once a year. Put your investments away as you would, but once a year sell some of the better performers and put 2.5% of your portofio into gold. It's up to you, it's pretty traditional and most older fund managers, those that would prescribe 50,30,20 rule would probably prescribe a gold hedge, Usually to the tune of 5%

Now are we talking gold like physical gold, or bitcoin gold? Sorry I'm out of the loop with that.

Again, I just started out a few months ago. Little late to the party, but better late than never. I don't mind appreciation over time with the money even if the dividends aren't as grandiose as crypto.

Yeah gold, you can buy physical and pay a premium or buy paper gold, a contract for gold.

Sounds good. Thanks again for your input. I'll reconsider on improving the hedge amount to crypto if I feel ambitious.

No prob

This, also what the hell happened to $TECD?

my best multibagger has been $BZUN, had a pullback after earnings so price is pretty good for an entry now
ecommerce in china
will double again by end of next year, stop fucking around with etfs

If you want conservative and low profits just buy an index. Otherwise you are wasting hours to track and mitigate risk of failing stocks, unless you already coded a bot or something.

never change biz