twitter.com/AnonBabble

slavery and butthurt losers

Slavery, bigotry and intolerance.

Freedom, individual liberty, heritage, anti authoritarianism

Southern heritage.

>Freedom
>individual liberty
>anti authoritarianism

The battle flag for Robert E Lee, which is often confused as the flag of the Confederate States of America. Also rednecks, retards, and racism.

Rude.

Woops, it's actually the Virginia battle flag. Either way anyone that says it means heritage needs to ge their head out of their ass, this is from a fucking South Carolinian telling you none of these niggas are even alive, please stop.

>Freedom, individual liberty, heritage, anti authoritarianism
>Slavery is enshrined in the Confederate constitution and prohibiting slavery is unconstitutional

It's heritage. What other symbol represents the southern people better?

>Says it's not about heritage
>Doesn't know about vexillology
Bless your heart.

>slavery meme

Most southerners didn't own slaves

losers

They were still fighting for the right to own them

>Confederate states are prohibited from becoming free states
>This is for states' rights
This is what dixiebooes actually believe.

And sore about it too.

But they all aspired to own slaves.

cmon man that is an over generalization

What's your point? Supporting a state which encourages slavery is a support of freedom and individualism, since you do not personally own slaves?

KFC, Steamboats, interracial couples, alcoholism, incest.

what retards think the Confederacy's national flag is

A target.

>owning black people
>a bad idea

it's a flag, who cares?

>Import millions of blacks to be farm equipment
>This is a good idea

They were fighting for their homeland. For sovereignty. For honor. They were regular people like me or you.also keep in mind "Slavery" in the south wasn't all that bad. "Slaves" were given work, shelter and food. Often living like kings compared to their African cousins across the Atlantic.

The confederates were far more American than the union. Truly living up to the values of our founding fathers.

>"Slavery" in the south wasn't all that bad. "Slaves" were given work, shelter and food.

They were fighting for slavery and that makes them evil. Pure evil.

You forget fighting for the right to own slaves.

Better off than being a castrated Ottoman slave; evaluating things from within their historical context is important.

>People being used by the government for a rotten cause somehow abstracts from the cause.

States and those in positions of power always appeal to things like the homeland, honor, sovereignty, etc... Pol Pot, Stalin, Hitler, every tin pot despot and dictator that has ever existed regardless of their evil.

The Soviet Conscript, Wehrmacht Soldier, Khmer Rouge guerilla, etc... all fought for various reasons and all had the same humanity as a Confederate (or Union) soldier. Does this somehow make any of their causes more or less acceptable?

No, its totally superfluous.

>They were fighting for their homeland. For sovereignty. For honor.
no
>also keep in mind "Slavery" in the south wasn't all that bad. "Slaves" were given work, shelter and food. Often living like kings compared to their African cousins across the Atlantic.
i think getting beaten if you dont work hard enough and not having any control over your life is pretty shitty
>The confederates were far more American than the union. Truly living up to the values of our founding fathers.
by destroying the country the founders worked so hard to build? the constitution over the articles of confederation is proof that the founders believed in a united country, and the eventual ban on slave importation in the constitution is proof they were no big fans of slavery either

>wanting another mouth to feed and body to house that isn't related to you

Even for free labor, no thanks.

Nothing

>this is what dixiefags actually believe

I can't take you seriously when you use subjective words like "evil" to justify genocide against your countrymen. If anything, unionists seem like the "evil" ones.

Except, the confederates weren't the aggressors. They thought they were free to leave. But lincoln and his mafia couldn't let that happen.

By leaving a government that didn't represent them.

>Fire on Fort Sumter
>Use violence against Western Texas / Eastern Appalachia which were pro-Union to get them to secede.
>Violates the neutrality of Kentucky, forcing it into the Union's arms from its previous neutrality.
>Attempts an armed coup in Missouri and fails.

CONFEDERACY DINDU NUFFIN

Krystal's

>By leaving a government that didn't represent them.
there's more to the american government than just the presidency
do you think it would be ok for the democratic states today to secede because they lost an election?

Sometimes symbols take on meanings other than what they were originally intended for

>not a single arguments from the nigger worshiping cucks

get out of your cuckshed and get some fresh air

I guarantee you support calexit

>calexit

i don't
can you address my argument without trying to make me into a strawman?

Heres the thing. The collective identity of the lost cause South is a real thing, despite the lost cause itself being complete horseshit.

Its both a symbol of white supremasism AND what amounts to widespread Dukes of Hazard fanboyism.

I'm liberal enough to be called a cuck on /pol/ but I've lived in the south, the lost cause itself has taken on a cultural presence that is genuinely felt to be true and is true for many of the people growing up there within the past 30 years.

I fucking hate legitimate dixieboos, but the "heritage" arguement isn't wrong.

Hide your participation trophies, the union don't want to see them around you pleb.

wait....are you trying to tell me that there are people other than white Europeans that have done bad things?

>do you think it would be ok for the democratic states today to secede because they lost an election?

Yes. Why is this an issue?

taking your ball and going home because you lost a game is not a winning attitude

>go hide, or you're going to trigger me!

fuck off leftypol

...[spoiler]maybe[/spoiler]

Rock music made by rednecks

>self determination and freedom of association is bad

Hmmm. i bet you think diversity is a strength

The best kind baby!
Also checked.

You can't strawmen leftists becasue

1. all leftists are SJWs, this cannot be argued
2. you need to be human to be straw-manned, leftists wants to deconstruct humanity into some grotesque prole race

here's your (You) for effort

I completely agree. People grow up around those symbols without having any idea what they actually meant....somewhere along the way it takes on a different meaning. I always thought of it as just a symbol for the south. Although it most definitely can be used as a symbol for white supremacism

its all true though

>self determination and freedom of association
nice spooks you have there, it would be a shame if something happened to them

(You) tried

Ok guys, Opinion from Russia, I'm sorry for bad English.
The flag itself - the cross of St. Andrew, a sign to which the elites give messages to each other, Formally, it means the will to sacrifice death, And we love Masons very much.

Once I asked my history teacher: what would happen if the settlers did not equate the Indians with plague blankets? "Instead of the United States, Venezuela would have been now," he replied.

So, if in the civil war would have defeated the Confederates, then instead of the USA, now there would be black Argentina, a country based on the resource economy. Only instead of exporting beef, you exported cotton or tobacco, Turn a person who lives under such a regime is not something that should be sought.

The resource economy of the southern states is the main customer of the transfer of Negroes to the United States, And a large number of blacks you can say thank you is a confederate.

History

Ive always felt liberals need to understand the South if they're going to fix anything.

There so much shit my own party has screwed the pooch on.

>Why hasn't privilege been phrased as an argument of Christian humility?

some of his stuff was okay.

youtube.com/watch?v=u0qDKQeu71o

>They fought for a bunch of spooks fed to them by their leaders, also slavery isn't that bad because there are situations that are imaginably worse

You're right. Most of them were just drafted to protect the class interests of slave owners.

Still, very many aspired to own their own slaves. It is as LBJ said 100 years later:

"If you can convince the lowest white man he's better than the best colored man, he won't notice you're picking his pocket. Hell, give him somebody to look down on, and he'll empty his pockets for you."

(((Bremmer)))

It really wasn't that bad. The life expectancy for blacks increased more than ever under slavery and declined after abolition. In fact, many slaves died of starvation not long after being freed from slavery.
occidentaldissent.com/2012/10/15/slavery-myths-life-expectancy/comment-page-1/
theguardian.com/world/2012/jun/16/slavery-starvation-civil-war
Slaves never had to beg for food, shelter, work, etc. It was all provided for them free of charge unlike free laborers.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Fitzhugh
This guy argued for no more race based slavery, but more slavery of all lesser people even whites who were not mature enough to be free. Slavery is supported by the Bible, the Confederacy's motto was Deo Vindice (God will vindicate) and the Confederate Constitution is written to be ordained by God. Aside from slavery, the Confederate Constitution has a lot of great ideas about government and fiscal policy that should be considered today, albeit in historical context were peripheral to slavery. Opposition to protective tariffs was rooted in slavery, as John Calhoun admitted after the Nullification Crisis, federally funded internal improvements were also prohibited as they industrialized the North away from slavery.
presidency.ucsb.edu/ws/?pid=66323
Term-limited and the ability of the POTUS to remove civil servants started with the Confederacy and have made their way in the US. The Confederacy also required all federal spending to be approved by Congress in specific dollar amounts and all bills had to remain on one topic, no riders or earmarks/pork barrel allowed. Sure, it was historically to thoroughly protect slavery, but those ideas on their merit are fundamentally good ideas without slavery, which is why some of them (and more of them should) have been incorporated into US policy.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Confederate_States_Constitution
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornerstone_Speech

>They fought for a bunch of spooks
but the north was the one fighting for the niggers.

>that pic
Lmoa white wimmin baka

My favorite part is some numale jew with glasses making fun of the boy just because he's fat.

No, the North was fighting to keep the union together regardless of slavery, which was abolished when they realized keeping the union with slavery was utterly hopeless. The North just before the war had the Crittenden Compromise and Corwin Amendment to keep the South in the union with slavery in tact. They were bending the knee on the whole slavery issue but the secessionists had their minds made up and rejected the Crittenden Compromise because it would have restored the Missouri Compromise which limited slavery's expansion and rejected the Corwin Amendment as it only protected slavery where it existed. Read up on "Slave Power".

A flag for a dead confederacy? IDK I don't have strong feelings about it like most people.

Why should white people hate own race to enrich niggers?

why do you hate the white race?

The North didn't give a fuck about niggers, it fought to preserve the country the southern retards were trying to break apart.
>Gentlemen, Niggers and cotton caused this war, and I wish them both in Hell.
- William T. Sherman

A silly flag that was invented in the 1960s as a reaction to the US civil rights movement. It's not even a flag the Confederates ever used.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America#Battle_flag

>“See our present condition—the country engaged in war! Our White men cutting one another’s throats! And then consider what we know to be the truth. But for your race among us there could not be war, although many men engaged on either side do not care for you one way or another. “Why should the people of your race be colonized, and where? Why should they leave this country? This is, perhaps, the first question for proper consideration. You and we are different races. We have between us a broader difference than exists between almost any other two races. Whether it is right or wrong I need not discuss, but this physical difference is a great disadvantage to us both, as I think your race suffer very greatly, many of them by living among us, while ours suffer from your presence. In a word, we suffer on each side. If this be admitted, it affords a reason at least why we should be separated. It is better for both, therefore, to be separated.”

— Spoken at the White House to a group of black community leaders, August 14th, 1862, from COLLECTED WORKS OF ABRAHAM LINCOLN, Vol 5, page 371.

Yet the war did not happen because of the Negroes, but because of the types of economy

Based. Why didn't Lincoln ship them all to Liberia?

This is a fantastic picture. What is it of? Where is it from?

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flags_of_the_Confederate_States_of_America#Battle_flag

That essentially backs what I said, I wasn't disputing it was a component of some flags.

Did you seriously ever think that it was the flag of the Confederates?

The Beardian hypothesis was discredited a long time ago, even Charles Beard retracted his belief in it. The economies of the North and South were complimentary, the textile industry and international commerce as a whole depended on Southern cotton. Opposition to slavery was a combination of morals regarding slavery, the desire for more job opportunities for whites in the West, and the purported slave power conspiracy to spread slavery all over the country when Northern whites didn't want blacks anywhere near them. The competing economies argument isn't widely accepted anymore. The closest thing to an economics basis is how King Cotton gave the South the belief they could be their own separate country (based around slavery).

It seems the republicans didn't like it either.

I took them from here.
fototelegraf.ru/42277-150-letie-grazhdanskoj-vojny-v-ssha.html

Subhuman WE WUZZers

Cause he got assassinated and Andrew Johnson was also lenient towards the South as he was a Southerner himself and knew they needed nigger labor during Reconstruction as they didn't' have nearly as many whites as the North and the Southern cash crop economy was vital to the national economy. The Radical Republicans didn't even think Lincoln would go far enough with Reconstruction so during the 1864 election they formed their own Radical Democracy ticket but dropped it. The Crop Lien system developed in the South after the war to keep niggers in perpetual debt slavery and they also used selective law enforcement against niggers to use them in a convict leasing system where they could be leased to private parties for labor (such as picking cotton). The 13th amendment exempts slavery as punishment for a crime.

>selective law enforcement against niggers
Shouldn't have raped that white bitch.

Yep, both Northern Republicans and Southern Democrats opposed the Crittenden Compromise even though logic would say it was the perfect solution. It basically would have restored the Missouri Compromise and make it constitutional which is wasn't originally and was ruled unconstitutional with the Dred Scott decision in 1857. It was already repealed with the Kansas-Nebraska Act in 1854 as per a rider to gain as much support as possible since the bill's primary purpose just railroad shilling. The Dred Scott case made it so Congress couldn't just put it back in place and both abolitionist Northerners and Slavocrats in the South didn't want to go back to it anyway.

>purported slave power conspiracy to spread slavery all over the country when Northern whites didn't want blacks anywhere near them
This. The Northerners were terrified of niggers and the Southerners wanted to make as many slave states as possible. Ironically, niggers spread all over the country in the 20th century anyway even without slavery.

>wahh the feds aren't doing what my state likes, let's secede
>wahh the state isn't doing what my county likes, lets secede
>wahh the county isn't doing what my town/village/district likes, lets secede
>wahh I didn't get my own way, I declare my homestead a sovereign nation

I would not trust a person wearing a name-Tecumseh

Nothing

You probably get kind of a boner reading this, don't you?

Originally it was a battle flag for the south. Over time it's changed to become a symbol of southern pride. Wealthy white northerners don't understand its cultural relevence. It's ethnocentric to demonize southern people for using that flag.

Because you're some Russian faggot. Tecumseh was an Indian warrior leader from Ohio where Bill Sherman was from, and he was named in his honor.

Wow that's depressing if it wasn't a troll post by someone from here.