Can somebody redpill me on the swedish empire?

can somebody redpill me on the swedish empire?

Only power to get humiliated by both Spain and Russia in the same period.

Literally a Viking Empire whose primary goal was to pillage and genocide non-protestants

Did a Napoleon before it was cool

>Spain
In the Thirty Years War? Which Sweden won?

> join the thirty years war and proceed to cuck the everliving shit out of papists
> genocide the Poles for a few years
> invade Denmark twice in the span of 10 years
> great northern war starts with Russia Denmark Poland and Saxony declaring war on the newly crowned king Charles XII
> beats them all except Russia
> pulls off a Napoleon before it was cool, soldiers freeze to death during the march to Moscow
> returns to Sweden years later after being exiled in Turkey
> finally dies during a siege in Norway

And after his death everything more or less fell apart. In Sweden he is known as the last great warrior king.

T. Swede

>fundamentalist lutheran
>no serfdom
>small but really efficient army

>t. butthurt pole

an ambitious king taxes the living shit out of everyone and hires germans mercenaries to do fighting

honorary mention to the finnish cavalry

not an empire

It's 17th century vikings. It sustained itself mostly by plundering the everliving shit of the nations it fought (usually Germany and Poland).

Greatest time of Sweden, gave us a proper whooping and ended our autistic imperialist ambitions for good.

t. Dane

>honorary mention to the finnish cavalry
Hakkapelita is a meme created by finnish nationalists in the 19th century, they were actually no different from the rest of the swedish cavalry

loks like a pines

What the fuck is this map? Why is Helsinki (a fishing village at the time) marked, and not Turku (the largest city and capitol of Finland)

>Helsinki
*Helsingfors
>Turku
*Åbo

>Malmo
Malmstanbul

Scania is rightful Danish clay. November 7th best day of my life.

>Empire

Swedish """"empire"""" bled peasants dry to enrich nobles and bloodthirsty kings. There is nothing glorious in dying far away from home in wars started by retarded king. Also fuck Sabaton.

The swedish peasants were atleast free unlike most other peasants

they genocided the poles :D
look up "swedish deluge"