Any long term day traders here?

hey guys i have a finance background and i left my job early in the summer, i learned about crypto in july and started investing on august 1st with 10k. right now im at 47k and ive made as much as I would have made at my job in 6 months. wondering how consistent this is long term, seems very profitable. I usually stay in cash too to avoid the down periods like this weekend. any one else been doing this for a while instead of working?

couple years at least user. until SHTF and everyone wanna cash out

same boat. except i rather keep working to just keep funding for btc. what did you hold?

Day trading since the middle of June and I've taken 100 to 117k, this is the fastest I've ever made money. I really don't think this will last.

Turned 1000 into 1100 in one month, at this rythme i'll be a millionnaire around 2200, get on my level.

If you just held 100k worth of bitcoin in mid June, it would be worth more than 180k now. You're day trading profits is less than a quarter that it would have been by just holding bitcoin.

What is anyone going to do with any of this?
Is it like.. somehow going to be transferred to FIAT and then you can do shit like buy a car or buy a house or a whatever thingy so you can spend your days jerkin' it?

I want to get in but I have responsibilities so I want to be able to get some shit out of this.

i dont hold, i usually do sub 30 minute trades. im always in bitcoin in bull runs or cash on bear/consolidation periods

If you are actively trading and hodl good coins, the more dosh you have the more it can grow. Don't despair!

What exchange do you use?

No nigger, I've taken $100 to $117,000. I was up to 131k but I took out 1 btc and then shit dipped.

bittrex for high volume/highly volatile alts (neo, omisego, xmr, lisk, qtum, bcc) and gdax for the big 3

well i made 37k this month so i would just take out like 2k per month to cover living expenses and keep as much in for generating more money

bullshit

Do you use candle patterns or just wing it?

indicators i use are RSI, MACD, changes in volume, support/resistance levels, flucations in bitcoin price

From about December '16 - June '17 i made a net profit of around 20 BTC trading btc futures and various shitcoins. I don't think it's sustainable but it's a great profit for the year and there's still some months left.

nice man, good to hear

>bullshit
I don't care what you think, my goal was $250/day and my average is now $1,524/day. I don't think this can last.

Does Bittrex have MACD?

no i use trading view on my second monitor

How do you take it out?

gdax wire transfer to bank

So what you're saying is that I'm a noob and should find some manner of resource to make sense of all this?

what's your strategy? chasing pumps?

It does have MACD

I wrote a bot that seems to work better than most, I've been posting about it here and there for months now. Hopefully shit gets back to normal this week, I was hoping to hit a million this year.

it might not sure its too basic for what i need tho, trading view is customizable and has alot of other great indicators

You're living the life I want to live right now. I'm heartened to hear that you use a lot of the same indicators I've discovered through trial and error, and I feel like I'm on the verge of being able to make big profitable trades on a consistent basis.

I have some scripts running 24/7 watching all the markets on bittrex, and it's sending me messages every time it sees anomalous volume and/or price increases, and I want to get in on those huge pumps.

If I can prove to myself that I can hit them consistently, I will quit my job and trade full time.

Which are you using?

RSI, MACD, Volume (especially anomalous spikes in volume).

I've found RSI good for figuring out when to sell. I think a lot of traders must believe in it, because its accuracy is uncanny sometimes.

MACD gives me a feeling for whether a dip is over or not. I use this to prevent me from buying at dangerous times. (RSI helps to tell me when not to buy too, but during the early moments of a big pump, it's not that accurate.)

Sudden increases in volume are a big clue that a pump may be forthcoming. If you look at any chart that shows a pump, you'll see the spike in volume easily. If my scripts notice volume and price anomalies, I look at the chart, zoom in and out a bit, and if it looks like the beginning of a healthy pump, I buy and ride the wave up.

Poor NEO and ADX. My anomaly detector noticed both of their dead cat bounces just now.

Would you share or sell it?

I don't think you'd want it right now, it's buying up cheap ching chong coins - it's being an absolute retard, like it can't read the news or something...

Fucking China. My own bot is notifying me on all these dead cat bounces.

I'll probably regret letting it trade through this shitstorm but it's fun to watch. Easy come easy go.