Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippolyte_Pixii
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Ajde spavati Hrvo, dosadan si.

The radio?

Out of the top of my head

First hydroelectrical power plant
First remote controlled device
Revolutionized and made practical the transfer of said power over long distances by switching to alternate current.

He was the scientist and inventor to Tomas Alva Edisons entrepreneur

Is this a joke?

Dude was responsible for AC current (power grid and transmission of electricity is impossible without it) and the radio. I'm not an expert though so I am sure his list of accomplishments goes on a lot further.

He was underrated, then Reddit made him overrated

AC came before him didn't it?

Free energy.

Nick Tess invented iPhone

He was a madman that nearly killed millions by trying to convince the world that AC current is superior to the magnificent DC current

Nikola Tesla invented Reddit

>he thinks history of science is the history of inventions.

t. Thomas

He was underrated as fuck before the internet made him into a overused meme

He only invented AC electricity, 90% of how everything we have today functions. That's all, nothing important

He is overrated because of two resonons: left-leaning artists and scientists projecting the marxist class struggle into him and Edison. They thought of Tesla as the true inventor, the true creator of wealth, who got exploited by the mean capitalist Edison, who became rich on Tesla's creation. E.g. Tesla was seen as the Proletariat, Edison as the Burgeoisie, and since they are leftist, they held sympathies for Edison and made him much greater than he really was.
The other reason this guy became famous was because he obviously had a screw lose and delieverd the role of the archtypical "le mad scientist" perfectly which is why he became famous in the 1910s and 1920s.

In reality Tesla was an ok-tier inventor and engineer, and an absoluetely shit-tier scientist. His AC-generator is largely based on the design of some french engineer whose name I forgot, but still it was a big contribution obviously. Except that there is not so much useful things he created, like the Tesla coil, nice to look at, but completely useless, but all in all still a good engineer.

When it comes to science though this guy is pure shit-tier. He didnt contribute anything theoretical and his world view was largely esoteric and consisted of "le electricity controls everything and I can teleport to Pluto if I want to". He literally contributed nothing to theoretical science.

Now, Tesla is probably the single most overrated "scientist" in history.

Found the french guy:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hippolyte_Pixii

Underrated scientist made overrated by the memes and then the eternal Serb butthurt over him made him the single shittiest scientist in history that I will be happy if he is never referenced in anything ever again.

According to Serbs he singlehandedly created ALL OF ELECTRICITY in the world.

Serbs got raped by Turks a bit too hard, this poor people if collectively mentally ill.

Both the most underrated and most overrated scientist out there.

>According to Serbs he singlehandedly created ALL OF ELECTRICITY in the world.

we wuz inventorz n sheeeeeit

They mean Alternating Current as opposed to direct current not air conditioning.

Basically all circuitry and therefore most modern electricsl devices run on DC. AC is used for long distance transmission.

Wasn't that Marconi?

Exactly. And he made it (transfer over long distances) possible. Otherwise you would have to have a coal plant in every city district to supply you with enough DC electrical power

I totally agree, I am just glad that (probably) none of you live in Serbia and have his brilliance thumped into your head from every corner. Charlatans are selling his portraits as an icon with healing properties, and otherwise sane and intelligent people sometimes claim how some of his more "mad scientist" schemes were actually sabotaged by the USA government because "Tesla was on the verge of making electricity free and renewable and you could access the power from every part of the globe, but that would make all the capitalists lose money..."

Great inventor though. I always find it hillarious that Croats are trying to say how he's Croatia's brightest son, even though his father was an Eastern Orthodox priest and his family was later persecuted for being Serbs. It's a ridicilous notion anyway, all the education he got came from Graz and Paris, and all the stuff he invented was mainly possible because he moved to the states, I doubt that he would be able to find any funds in Europe at the time

>I am just glad that (probably) none of you live in Serbia

Try studying ETF bro, I developed a gag reflex every time I hear his name.

Milankovic >>>>>>>>>>> Tesla.

Lel no, Marconi was a con artist how memed his way into popular press at the time. It wasn't only Tesla, few people were making breakthroughs at the time, but out of all of them, Marconi made the least actual techonoligcal impact