Did China's wall actually work?

Did China's wall actually work?

>Like china's great wall
yeah we got the joke

I will personally fight anyone who says that Maginot line didn't function exactly how it was supposed to.

A defensive line is not the same thing as a wall. Especially since 90% of the ML was underground.

>function how it was supposed to
You mean fail?

Served the same purpose as a wall...prevented unwanted people from advancing over it.

Not really, the smart invaders would just bribe the wall commanders to let them cross unimpeded.

A bicycle transports you from point a to point b just like a car. Is a bicycle a car?

Not at all

No, but Berlin's did.

you are just retarded

Great argument, you've really convinced me that a thing that isn't a wall is, in fact, a wall.

Only in Berlin proper. In the rest of East Germany is was mostly just a chain link fence, and all you had to do was bribe a guard to get through.

The Great Wall was really more about power projection and advance warning than about presenting an impenetrable physical barrier.

shut up and read a book ya fucking dumbass.

Also, to show that they could in fact built the damn thing.

>stop making me look stupid

did the G*rmans attack the Maginot line?

no, no they were forced around it. The problem lies with France not building the thing longer or thinking some trees would stop tanks.

So basically Mexicans are Mongols to the US's China?

If the Mexicans planned to slaughter whole cities, which hasn't happened since Pancho Villa.

Did the great wall prevent invasions from tribes outside of China?

The last chinese dynasty wasn't even chinese, so no.

They did attack the Maginot line. After the thrust through Belgium they made another thrust through the Maginot. They smashed through it pretty easy. As Patton once said fixed fortification are a testament to mankind's stupidity.

going to need a source for that, as from what I have read it prevented breakthroughs and cost germans lost of manpower for little to no gain. It fell only after the surrender of France or after being encircled.

The point of the Maginot Line was to secure the direct border with Germany using the least manpower possible. That worked perfectly. Everything was not so much.

Thr current US dynastyis Jewish

>all you had to do was bribe a guard to get through
Yeah, it was just that simple. And the alternative was getting send to a """"work"""" camp.

IT WAS NOT A BORDERWALL; IT IS NOT CURRENTLY KNOWN WHAT WAS ITS PURPOSE, OR ITS FUNCTION.

>After the thrust through Belgium they made another thrust through the Maginot. They smashed through it pretty easy.

Maybe because they attacked it from the rear, tard

It worked for 14 fucking centuries, so yes, it worked pretty damn well.