I don't understand why he had to take over Europe, he could have just set up colonies in Africa

I don't understand why he had to take over Europe, he could have just set up colonies in Africa

I don't understand why Veeky Forums sucks his manlet dick so hard.

Maybe because he wasn't a shill like King george the IV?
As someone from /pol/ I can assure you he's nothing like Hitler

Because pretty much all of Europe declared war on France. He couldn't take some troops off of Europe to wage war in Africa either

But he did in his Egyptian campaign

Well when he tried that Britain BTFO his fleet

>citation needed

Battle of the Nile is really something you should know about

he was afraid of the African warrior

You're right, I didn't think of this one. I guess afterwards he just couldn't anymore as he probably needed the manpower in Europe. I might be wrong though

seething lankcuck monarchist

>Because pretty much all of Europe declared war on France.

>Forgetting Denorway and Spain before the peninsular war

Africa didn't actively attack him constantly.

perfidious anglo detected

The Campagne d'Egypte was a political ploy for Napoleon to further elevate his glory with a successful campaign in a mysterious land, and not be forgotten after his successful-but finished- Campagne d'Italie.
It was a great way for the Directoire to keep this popular figure at bay. Talleyrand might even have coordinated with the English to let Bonaparte arrive to Egypt and then burn his fleet there.
The official justification for the campaign was to cut the sea trade route to the Middle East and India which were crucuial for the British.
The campaign benefited pretty much all sides, and that's the only thing it took place. Napoleon was never going to overstretch himself thousands of miles away while Prussia, England, Austria and virtually all of Europe wanted him out.
Napoleon wanted to dominate Europe first and foremost. He couldn't be everywhere at once, and that's one of the reasons he sold Louisiana and didn't conquer st. Helena for example (he said so in his memoirs)

funny that the Spain got pissed because they just ceded Louisiana to the French

That was before Napoleon came into power dumbasses

Spain wasn't an ally
It was a recently subdued former enemy

Former enemy?

Yes