Let's have a proper historical discussion about whether the Holodomor (Ukrainian part) was a genocide

Let's have a proper historical discussion about whether the Holodomor (Ukrainian part) was a genocide.

My understanding is that a lot of historians think it was not and was just a part of the famine caused by collectivization policies. Some other modern historians claim it was part of a deliberate genocide attempt by Stalin against Ukrainians.

Keep the shitposting to the minimum, lads, if someone thinks it wasn't a genocide it doesn't mean they are a tankie or commie or defending Stalin or they think the entire famine was "good" or didn't happen. If someone takes the opposite position and thinks it was a genocide it doesn't mean they are a /pol/tard.

Pic is not related it's just some random Chinese slut.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

WHY?! WHY MUST YOU TORMENT ME SO WITH THESE JEZEBELS? All I want to do is come here for an asexual experience that will exercise my brain but I am constantly titillated by these vixens with their prodigious hips and provocative figures. Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole?

You can't even see her hips, user.

Also my apologies, it appears I don't have a photo of Stalin in the computer I am posting from so I just went for some picture of "Kitty Zhang" which I must have downloaded when drunk.

It was a genocide.

>just a part of the famine caused by collectivization policies
isnt it amazing how when millions of people die because of commie policy academics just shrug it off? really makes you think.

They don't shrug it of, they just don't consider it genocide.

>hiters policies resulted in the deaths of millions of people
GENOCIDE
>stalins policies resulted in the deaths of millions of people
NOT GENOCIDE

I always assumed it was a little of both. There wasn't enough food for everybody so they decided not feed the Ukrainians.

you can't genocide white people because they have privilege. i bet you didn't even go to college you retarded faggot

>Genocide is intentional action to destroy a people (usually defined as an ethnic, national, racial, or religious group) in whole or in part. The hybrid word "genocide" is a combination of the Greek word génos ("race, people") and the Latin suffix -cide ("act of killing").[1] The United Nations Genocide Convention, which was established in 1948, defines genocide as "acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnic, racial or religious group".[2][3]

>These people died because I hate this ethnicity and I intended to exterminate them
Genocide

>These people died because I'm an incompetent dictator.
Not genocide

Not all mass murder is genocide.

Genocide is premeditated retards

Most of the people Hitler killed were white tho.

>stalin
>not hating Ukrainians
ah yes it was just an accident millions of them starved to death! oopsies!

I remember having a debate in high school about the Holodomor. There was this one guy who was so adamant about arguing that it was worse than the Holocaust. He just would not stop, even after people stopped caring and wanted to get on with their day. Over the course of the year, he became increasingly obvious he was a closet anti-Semite.

I bring this up because this, sadly, was how I first heard what the Golodomor was. And since then, I can't think about it without thinking about that fucking kid (I hope you choke to death, Barry).

I'm not sure why labeling it one way or the other changes the facts on the ground.

Envious Communists killed all the "rich" kulaks; millions of Ukrainians starved to death as a direct result.

Are they less dead if you don't call it a genocide?

Stop posting 3DPD on Veeky Forums please

Also no, the Holodomor was not a genocide per se, but it was a crime against humanity. Plenty of non-Ukrainians suffered but the tragedy is manipulated by Ukrainian nationalists (who pose as liberal freedom fighters for Western media but are actually just as nasty and authoritarian as modern Russia).

Collectivization was an attempt to improve economic stability. It had massive human cost but it wasn't a direct attempt to kill a certain ethnicity.

Well yeah, most people who bring up Holodomor are ardent Neo-Nazis. Should be obvious enough.

While we're on this subject, any good movies on the Holodomor? Preferably from second world countries?

>if the kremlin says it was to improve economic stability it must be so! you are suggesting they were lying?! to the gulag!

Last I check, the whole "collectivisation policies" thing is the official story from the Kremlin. While everything seems to indicate that it was a deliberate attack against the Ukraine because Stalin.

Stop writing like that, making all your arguments through sarcastic jabs makes you look like a twat who can't actually argue his point.

To counter your post, I don't see any evidence that it was anything but an attempt for economic stability. Ukrainians weren't the only ones who were hit by collectivisation, they were just hit the hardest. At most it was an attempt to curb Ukranian nationalists and even then it was probably a secondary objective.

t. tankie

Holodomor is a Ukranian national myth that is supposed to give meaning to their artificial nation.

Absolutely not. The Soviet Union was shit and the Holodomor was a deplorable event. I'm only trying to explain why a lot of scholars don't consider it a genocide.

>an attempt to curb Ukranian nationalists and even then it was probably a secondary objective.
ok then holocaust was just an attempt to curb the jews which was really only just a secondary objective anyway the main purpose of the concentration camps was labor for the war effort :^)

>so butthurt about an argument in high school he still thinks about it and wishes the guy would die
Sad!

You say this like it's a bad thing.

The extermination of jews was a corner stone of Nazi policy. It was one of the main reasons they were able to rise to power.

Famine as a result of collectivisation happened all over the Soviet Union, there's no reason to believe they wanted to exterminate Ukrainians specifically.

>there's no reason to believe they wanted to exterminate Ukrainians specifically.
yes there is because ukrainian nationalism which you yourself already mentioned

I tracked down my ex-girlfriend from high school, and beat her up. 10 years later.

I meant they didn't specifically want to exterminate the Ukrainian ethnicity. They just wanted to destroy the nationalists.

Do you think the west wants to exterminate Arabs because they want to eradicate ISIS?

haha yes they were only targeting the nationalist with the famine it was a precise operation like a surgeon with a scalpel to destroy only the nationalists specifically hahaha im done wasting my time on you

>it was a precise operation like a surgeon with a scalpel to destroy only the nationalists specifically
Not it wasn't. It was a widespread famine as a result of collectivisation that the Soviets saw as an opportunity to stop Ukrainian nationalists.

>Can I never satiate this thirst, will I ever know the touch of a woman and enter between her loins? Will my seed ever drip from her moistened hole?

Not if you use that kind of language. Most women today wouldn't know what you're talking about.

then, the holomodor was more a democide.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Democide