Why is Protestant architecture so grotesquely ugly, especially when compared to the aesthetics of Catholic architecture

Why is Protestant architecture so grotesquely ugly, especially when compared to the aesthetics of Catholic architecture

bump

If you're going to make a shitposting thread, you have the obligation of at least making the bait good enough or posting enough pictures to get someone's attention.

This could have been a decent Western architecture thread if you weren't so bad at this OP.

>right next to an office building and some disgusting brutalist apartment complex
Nice

Guess which one was there first.

So are you saying that this

...is grotesquely ugly compared to this?

Now you guys know this exists.

>anglicans
>a denomination that gets all of its aesthetics from the catholic church
>a denomination that styles itself as apostolic - ie catholic but outside of the jurisdiction of Rome
Yeah nah you can fuck off with that bruh.

At least this one houses the literal body and blood of Jesus Christ whenever they do Mass. More aesthetic in my book.

offtopic, but what would you consider the most beautiful cathedral outside of europe?

OP is not even contributing.

Either this one or

>trying to disprove my point
>most of these are cathedrals
Good job user

>At least....
Nice tacit admission there, if you base aesthetic value on theology above all else why post in a thread about architectural aesthetics?

>a brutalist church
How absolutely disgusting

I think there are even a few brutalist cathedrals around

I wasn't trying to disprove your point. I agree with you, I just think you're absolute shit at making threads. You should have either dumped Cathedrals yourself or come up with bait good enough to incite architectural shitposting.

Utterly repulsive. Where is Varg when you need him

Is there a special name for these domes you see on some churches? I hate these fucking domes. They look so stupid.

They make for a better church internally

How so

They're probably shaped like that because making a true dome would be either too hard or impossible.
Same thing happened with Brunelleschi's dome. He had to make it that shape to fit the existing church. Every other Dome he ever made after was completely round

It's not that awful

I suppose this is Catholic but the Protestants kept it.

That's pretty cool. Thanks for making aware.

because it give a really impressive effect when painted kind of being like heaven to the roof of being the sky

Protestant structures are often austere and little embellished because of many Protestant sects' more utilitarian ideals.
I guess some cases it's like they found out that 'ecclesia' means 'convocation' or 'congregation' and then they proceed to treat church service like a business meeting.

Some of the more austere, modest churches look ok. Like those old fashioned, simple colonial churches you might see in New England. Those often look fine.

The worst offenders are those disgusting mega churches like the televangical ones.

>Some of the more austere, modest churches look ok. Like those old fashioned, simple colonial churches you might see in New England. Those often look fine.
Here'a a good example of what I mean.

Fancy cathedrals look nice, but there is also something to be said for this simple, modest aesthetic. The white coloring is also pretty Veeky Forums

I too appreciate the appeal of some places such as some Coptic monasteries over other churches for similar reasons.

This looks like something you'd have to activate in Destiny.

They arn't as this thread shows, but the reason is by the era the evangelical church's you are thinking of were built, was a completely different era then the church's you mean. In the old era church's were also symbols of power and a government onto themselves and literal sanctuary from the other government. They were also a pillar of society, intergrated into the nobles and lords, and kings system, well funded (in general) and connected to the nobles who often got their relatives job appointments.
The church's you are think of were non of those things, usually don't even have a central church government to help with funding, being independents or small Domnonanation, locally funded with loans. And spring out of rural ideals and aesthetics, which is reflected in the building, rural types hate those putting on airs, sometimes to the point of reactionary spit taking to someone to fancy. While again different era church's and Lordy asthesthics culture and ideals

I've always preferred Churches without all the spires.

>spending money on buildings
>not investing money on the stock market

Dense.

Coptic churches look amazing.

It's so hard to find good pictures of them though.

Because the satanic freemasons work for the catholics/orthodox.

You are confusing American architecture with protestant. Protestant churches in Europe look like this.

>The church's you are think of were non of those things, usually don't even have a central church government to help with funding, being independents or small Domnonanation, locally funded with loans.
Yes I think you've put your finger on the problem there... Come home, we miss you all. Come back to your family, come out of the King's basement. You were meant to inherit the whole Palace

>G*rman churches

Because it's better to help feed the poor than make some pretty building?

Jealous? Look at OP's picture, I don't know that ugly thing but it's 100% located in either the USA or Canada.

Fuck me silly thats ugly.

And that's coming from someone who actually freaking loves brutalism (though more for the harsh, fortress like designs than the actual concrete, in my mind brutalism would be improved 100% if it could be constructed out of a magical featureless white stone rather than stain prone concrete).

There's a million thoughts I got looking at this shit but "house of God" isn't one of them.

The church I went to as a elementary school student.

It's pretty funny that P*otestants exist because they deplored the corruption and greediness of the church yet it's that heretical devil theology that gave birth to prosperity gospel nonsense. At least the large Catholic churches look nice.