I don't get the Bugs meme.

bugs...

WE MUST GO EVEN FURTHER BEYOND

The poopy is stinky.

Best thread in years

STOP THIS

I couldn't agree more.

Was expecting Pickle Rick. 6/10

e-eh?? You've never seen a Pickle Rick before? A-and you're how old?

>Millions of people enjoy burgers.
and
>Only thousands enjoy lobsters.
therefore burgers are better than lobsters.

>Most people think X is wrong
and
>Some people think X is alright
Therefore X is wrong

Thats how you think..

1 human killing another human... "Murder".
Good or bad?
>My family gets murdered; I feel bad
and
>Families half way around the world get murdered; I don't really care much
Therefore, murder is relative.

When you say "Murder is just as bad for them as it is for my family", then you're really bullshitting yourself. We only care about morals when it pertains to the SUBJECTIVE justifications (our CULTURE, family, friends, society, etc).

Cultural relativism =/= moral relativism. Cultural relativism implies that a fundamentalist islamic theocracy is just as good a system of government as a liberal democracy.

all these (you)'s!

It is..
It has its own justifications.

Depends what you want. Again, that would be culturally relative.

Practically any political application has upsides and downsides, Liberal Democracy is superior for reasons here that wouldn't apply in the middle east, Turkey's cxontinual battle against it's own population for electing islamist extremists is a testament to this.

It's not. It's objectively a disgusting and primitive system that dehumanizes women and spurs the men into a sexually repressed killing frenzy.

Cultural relativism was borne out of an urge to make anthropology less racist, but all it does is apologize and excuse repugnant practices and beliefs with "well, it has its own justifications," and "well, it's all relative," and "well, you shouldn't judge another culture."

Lots of cultures are inferior. Most of those cultures are some shade of brown or black. Deal with it.

these are the whiggiest posts I've seen on this board in a long time

>It's objectively disgusting and primitive
I agree, it is disgusting and primitive, but my view, or the view of my society is not the objective standard by which all political institutions answer to.

> It's objectively a disgusting and primitive system that dehumanizes women and spurs the men into a sexually repressed killing frenzy.
No, it's subjectively a disgusting and primitive system that dehumanizes women and spurs men into a sexually repressed killing frenzy.

I personally think sexual repression is good. violent movies and video games are bad. Guns are bad. Modern religions are bad. Civilization is bad. I think western civilization is inferior to many primitive cultures.

My argument and point is that I have my own justifications.

Abdul's culture wants to get closer to Allah.
Mr.Miyagi's culture wants to get closer to discipline.
Your culture wants to get closer to Mars.
I want to get closer to life, Earth and nature.

We have our own justifications... And those justifications not only justify our cultures, but also our morals.