Bye bye tether

Other urls found in this thread:

medium.com/@amersonm/bitfinex-platform-may-get-shutdown-effective-immediately-source-chinas-gov-site-people-s-bank-4680b7158960
cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-news-bitfinex-fires-us-customers
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

source for this?
BIG LEAGUE IF TRUE LEAGUE

>source:China

nevermind, i found it

medium.com/@amersonm/bitfinex-platform-may-get-shutdown-effective-immediately-source-chinas-gov-site-people-s-bank-4680b7158960

HOLY FUCK MONUMENTAL IF VERIFIABLE
SELL ALL YOUR CRYPTO COINS

Delete this!

Fuck Bitfinex trying to ruin Crypto like the fucking Jew Niggers at Blockstream.

stop posting the screenshot, and post the mother fucking link you cancerous faggot.

God damn mother fucker, you take the time to screenshot it, but a fucking link to support your picture is too much for you?

SEE

guys wtf is china banning whole crypto?

AYO HOL UP

All I know is I hope eth bounces hard right now so I can sell my goddamn fuckin bags holy shit

I just withdrew everything to local storage, but correct me if I'm wrong here but is Hong Kong not subject to Chinese trade law?

US is probably going to follow suit. Buy privacy cryptos and withdraw to your wallets, anons.

hong kong is not affected by china stay cool in the fud bro

FML - I saw this thread right after I sent 700 MIOTA to Bitfinex... Is there anything I can do to stop a pending broadcast with the IOTA light wallet?

What's going to replace Tether?

That's the coin to invest in.

BUY BITBAY
ROLLING PEG WILL SAVE US

nope, you dun goofed brah

We'll call it Tether Classic

cointelegraph.com/news/breaking-news-bitfinex-fires-us-customers

holy fuck its happening guys. Burgers, you gotta get out!

I'm fucking panicking, what do I do?!?!?!?!

I use bittrex atm

>August 11
Mate...

flush yourself down the toilet.

damn that perfect cascade of id colors

mirin

lmao wtf is this bullshit FUD

This is the Google translate text - which is what the author said to use:

>Recently, the domestic through the issuance of tokens, including the first tokens (ICO) financing activities in large numbers, speculation prevalent, suspected of engaging in illegal financial activities, seriously disrupted the economic and financial order. In accordance with the Law of the People's Bank of China, the Commercial Bank Law of the People's Republic of China, the Securities Law of the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, the People's Republic of China, The Republic of China Network Security Law, the People's Republic of China Telecommunications Ordinance, "illegal financial institutions and illegal financial business activities," and other laws and regulations, the relevant matters are as follows:
First, an accurate understanding of the essential properties of the custody financing activities

>
Toll coin financing refers to the financing of the main body through the token of illegal sale, circulation, to investors to raise Bitcoin, currency and other so-called "virtual currency" is essentially a non-approved illegal open financing behavior, suspected of illegal sale Tokens, illegal securities issuance and illegal fund-raising, financial fraud, pyramid schemes and other criminal activities. The relevant departments will closely monitor the dynamics, strengthen cooperation with the judicial departments and local governments, in accordance with the existing working mechanism, strict law enforcement, resolutely control the market chaos. Found suspected criminal problems, will be transferred to the judiciary.
The tokens or "virtual currency" used in coinage financing are not issued by the monetary authorities, do not have legal and monetary properties such as indemnity and coercion, do not have legal status equivalent to money, and can not and should not be circulated as a currency in the market use.
2. No organization or individual may engage in unauthorized custody financing activities. As of the date of this announcement, all types of currency issuance financing activities shall cease immediately. The organizations and individuals who have completed the financing of the tokens should make arrangements for repatriation and so on, reasonably protect the interests of investors and properly handle the risks. The relevant departments will seriously investigate and deal with non-stop tokens issued financing activities and the completion of the tokens issued financing projects in the illegal acts.

tldr

>Third, strengthen the management of tokens financing trading platform
As at the date of this announcement, any so-called tokens financing trading platform shall not engage in the exchange of legal currency and tokens, "virtual currency", and may not be traded or sold as a central counterparty to sell tokens or "virtual currency" Not for the tokens or "virtual currency" to provide pricing, information intermediary services.
For the existence of illegal problems on behalf of the coin-financing trading platform, the financial management department will be submitted to the telecommunications authorities in accordance with the law to close their website platform and mobile APP, to the network letter to the mobile APP in the application store to do the next frame disposal, and to the business administration Revoke its business license.
4. Financial institutions and non-bank payment institutions shall not carry out business related to tokens financing transactions
Financial institutions and non-bank payment agencies may not directly or indirectly provide financing and "virtual currency" to provide account opening, registration, trading, liquidation, settlement and other products or services, shall not be covered and tokens and "virtual currency" Of the insurance business or the tokens and "virtual currency" into the scope of insurance liability. Financial institutions and non-bank payment agencies found that the currency issuance of financing transactions illegal clues should be promptly reported to the relevant departments.

>Fifth, the public should be highly alert to the risk of currency issuance financing and trading risks
There are multiple risks in the issuance of coins and transactions, including false asset risk, risk of business failure, and risk of investment speculation. Investors are required to bear the risk of investment. We hope that the majority of investors will be deceived.
The use of the "currency" of the various types of illegal financial activities, the public should strengthen the risk prevention awareness and recognition ability, timely reporting of relevant illegal clues.
Sixth, give full play to the role of industry organizations self-discipline
All kinds of financial industry organizations should do a good job of policy interpretation, and urge the member units to consciously resist the illegal financing activities related to the currency issuance financing transactions and the "virtual currency", away from the market chaos, strengthen investor education and jointly maintain the normal financial order.

alt-F, search "Bitfinex"
>results 0

boooore

ring

This wasn't even breaking news on August 11 nearly a month ago.

Poorly written article by a nobody with 5 followers who doesn't give a full name (no accountability), doesn't speak chinese and jumps to a single conclusion
>clearly stated that any trading platform that provides cryptocurrency exchange services for China is to halt it’s services effective immediately also, otherwise their platform of any sort or shape will be shutdown by the authorities and their business license will be revoked.

that he based on google translation of a chinese press release. Doesn't even support his argument, literally just puts it out there.

I'm aware of the allegations on tether/bitfinex from from that medium article but my understanding is they got away with it.

You think the Chinese govt gives a shit? This is the smell of money for them, they will capitalize. They like money just like we do.

cant believe you guys are buying this single unsupported article by a nonchinese speaker with no reputation who doesn't even know how to write.

alt-F search "hong kong"
look at a map, you dumb truck.

>it’s clearly stated that any trading platform that provides cryptocurrency exchange services for China is to halt it’s services effective immediately
Not stated at al, the writer doesn't understand that this is in reference to ICO scams not crypto traading platforms. He thinks they'l shut down bitfinex because it's a trading platform.

He pulled this out of his ass.

also hong kong has its own laws so it's irrelevant

Finex isn't in hong kong

point to me on the menu.

Shit, i have 10k iota sitting on bitfinex, need to transfer to wallet
Thanks user

This

Did you read that article? It was just a shilljob. Just some dude speculating and being hysterical..

Why morons still use Finex after their CEO looted their money in an inside theft job is beyond me.

It's not irrelevant - if it provides services FOR china.

It's excellent news - will cause the market to tank a bit more.

A retard trying to make sense of official Chinese documents with Google translate

Lmao

Hong Kong has its own bank and its own currency the HKD. A lot of Chinese do use it as a service but PBOC is a foreign bank and the Chinese govt is a foreign govt. This really is a fantastical idea that they would shut down Bitfinex the largest crypto trading platform, used and backed by powerful jews, in a foreign country where PBOC have no say and his reasong is that they'll do it because it's a crypto tade platform in China.

PBOC shutting down a list of scam ICOs, and giving notice to to hold them on Chinese land (not Hong Kong).

PBOC not shutting don
>crypto trade platforms
>anything in Hong Kong

>nobody who doesn't speak chinese writes boring, poorly reasoned misrepresentation of Chinese doc
Oh yeah, that's what moves the market. Some guy no one's heard of,and probably an undergrad, writing an article no one reads past the headline.

>jews vs china
i know who im betting on

Ummm China has a lot more influence in hk than they let on.

It's a foreign govt, its bank doesn't even use the same currency, bitfinex is run by the jew cartel, and PBOC didn't say anything about Bitfinex or crypto trade platforms, or any company not in China.

0/10 your FUD is weak

slightly related, but I bought 46.30 OMG on bitfinex about 6 hours ago, and now it shows as 46.25, why the fuck did it decrease without any transactions or withdrawals?

Either way moved it off of there asap

check your orderbook, sometimes orders dont completely fill. if not its probably just a bug. refresh or log in log out.
if you are leaving literally the best exchange because you dont trust them, then definitely avoid bittrex and polo

Bitfinex takes the transaction fee from the order amount. Stupid, yes.

Looking at moving my iots into a paper wallet. Long term hodl anyway.

What a retarded FUD, American company would be shutdown by China why exactly? And tether has nothing to do with China, it's literally crypto USD.

Polo has been burning and looking like out will do a Gox soon, Kraken are cunts with verification
Where else van you margin shitcoins?

It's like satire.

Remind yourself that this kind of chaos is exactly why now is the time to get into crypto.
Once things quiet down and stabilize, it'll be too late to make any money.

China is a communist country. Therefore they try to centralize all power and resources to the government.
Cryptocurrency will effectively reduce government power in any country where it becomes widely adopted.

hope so, Bitfinex is cancer

Sure thing, Zhang. we both know you're full shit.

Fudding retards

im sorry, i always saw tether as a nice touch but hardly beneficial to the crypto sphere.

some government level FUD here, trigger warning would be nice.

I kekd so fucking hard user.

>incorporated in the British
Yes, the British Virgin Islands. Guess the national origin of the men that incorporated it in that tax haven?

grats user-kun

usd

Shut the fuck up you nigger. Bitbay will never go anywhere. The devs are a bunch of retards. Saddest discord channel

Idiot, this is fucking old news

It's gone, link's dead.

holy fuck u got baited u fucks