How and why did they fucking do it?

How and why did they fucking do it?

Other urls found in this thread:

historyextra.com/article/premium/search-normans-1066-norman-conquest-who-facts
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Skills
LULZ

idk wtf ur talking about the pic isn't enlish

Just imagine that trading good prices have been higher for products in further regions. Spreading your possessions in this way enabled the Normans to control the production of exotic products like wine (not growing in their traditional regions) and timber (just examples.

In Souther Italy it was basically the old "your mercenaries turn against you"-tale. England was takes because of >muh cavalry. Antioch they took because of treachery (and Jesus!). It was basically just a city after a few decades. Cool warrior elite + superflous sons stuff but nothing exciting tbqh.

Redpill me on the normans, were they an ethnic group, a provincial nomenclature or assorted nobles?

I wanted to post a brainlet wojak not a pepe

>wine
>exotic
>in Western/Souther Europe
Wine wasn't really traded outside the rivers anywhere. Certainly very seldom across the sea.

First ethnic group, than a nomenclatura (in Normandy), then an ethnic group again. It's not like ethnicity is fixed over 400 years or so, despite what /pol/ tells you.

Brainlet article without paywall: historyextra.com/article/premium/search-normans-1066-norman-conquest-who-facts

>exotic products like wine

Norsemen with Frankish upgrades

minor remark
>1066
>early medieal monarch

Weren't certain wines grown in specific, remote locations more sought in the middle ages?

Aryans vs subhumans

Viking sailing heritage crossed with an early adoption of stirrups(?) or maybe spurs(?) that gave them a military advantage over others for a little while.

Brainlet

Normans' possessions circa 1130

Even the vikings drank wine

How did the Germanic tribes do it?

They were cucked by the Huns and had to run around like headless chickens over the continent

>It's not like ethnicity is fixed over 400 years or so, despite what /pol/ tells you.
But agrarian populations exhibit little change in spite of conquest and re-conquest over centuries.

And founding nice kingdoms, like Italy, France and Spain.

England was lost at Hastings precisely because it was so organised and well-run by the Anglo-Saxons
Wales, as a collection of smaller states, took longer to conquer

Well do you want a real explanation or just a meme answer? Because I can give you a nice solid post explaining it but I'm not going to do it if all you care about is memeing.

It would have taken centuries to sail from Normandy to Sicily, this is ridiculous.

Has Sicily even been discovered yet?

Normans were descended from vikings though many intermixed with the locals that lived on the lands they conquered.

>conquered
they didn't conquer the land the king gave it to them

that meme never get old, if someone have the screenshot please share it i miss it

what would visigothic spain have looked like without getting jihaded?

Ss it locked when the arabs get fucked out but even worst.

How do Germanics cross the med ocean to Africa and survive

As dumb as it sounds, they just got a couple of boats and crossed the straight of Gibraltar. The Germanics were a lot more advanced than you'd expect. Alaric had plans to take his Goths to North Africa when they were sitting in Italy, and only gave up on it because they couldn't get enough boats to take the entire group as one.

Maritime expeditions weren't all that alien to the Germanics. In the 3rd Century, Goths from modern Ukraine made raids all over the Black sea and as far away as Sicily.

Something like this They were innovative in warfare, the whole knights and castles thing began with them.

Italian naval power and trade which was also needed to whisk the Norman and later Frankish adventurers here, there and everywhere.

No, before te Age of discovery you could only travel by coast I very much doubt the island was even settled at the time, you can only go there with modern (at least renaissance) technology

I assume you retards have never taken a boat.

Do you have the slightest idea of how actually BIG the sea is?
Do you think medieval fucking retards who couldn't even read could do such a travel?

It would take years perhaps even decades to go from Sicily to Sardinia and the ship could break at any time and in that case, woops, you're dead.

Even if they knew about the island from Roman times no body in their right minds would have gone there risking so much.

Medieval fuckers couldn't read, get this through your head, their intelligence level was so fucking low that they couldn't read, perform an action as simple as reading, how the fuck do you think that they could travel the fucking open (not coastal) the OPEN sea with a fucking shitty wooden boat, oh yeah this is the middle ages, no telescope, no nothing, only sea for hundreds of miles, only fucking sea, even in modern times you need experts on the ships to sail through the sea hence why the airplane was invented and we use it instead of ships.

Going through the sea requires deep knowledge of mathematics, physics, geometry, something medieval people did NOT fucking have before the renaissance/age of discovery.