Move to new country

>move to new country
>have to find a job
>everyone says "All jobs are found online, you don't get any from walking door to door"
>tell them to fuck off
>print out 30 resumes
>shave
>put on nice shirt
>go door to door at relevant businesses
>within 2 hours I have an interview at a place that's hiring set up, and a potential other job
>didn't even hand out 10 resumes
>mfw

> listening to the majority of people
> making it

pick one

also

> applying for a wageslave job
> making it

pick one

pshhh, i am still accumulating

must be some poorfag country

Brisbane, Australia.

And I was applying for a hospitality job.

What type of coun do they use?

Coun?

it's easy as fuck to get jobs in hospitality in Australia if you're from another white country and have an accent, its the same for Australians I know who travel places, its the access

accent*

Brisfag here, good job user. Seen quite a few signs up looking for baristas / waiters around the city, check out there - no shortage of work.

>Need to get a mini casual/part time job once uni ends or else mum will get very depressed, else everything should be fine
>Apply for some Christmas work period jobs at Myer and David Jones (only ever had 1 interview at a Big W before), keep getting nothing from Coles/Woolworths online or in store
>Probably not going to get these because no retail experience
What other types of holiday period jobs should I consider? Mostly wanting in retail to start but if there's something different wouldn't mind considering it, as long as it's not too far from home.

yeah it makes the cafe seem cosmopolitan

I think he meant coon? Not many in Australia after all

>>put on nice shirt
>>go door to door at relevant businesses
>>within 2 hours I have an interview at a place that's hiring set up, and a potential other job
What kind of job?
Flipping burgers or selling T-shirts, this seems believable, but some engineering or consulting job at a multinational, you would probably not get invited. However, you might get a referal to HR that'll help you.

so you're going to suck dicks and shine shoes for a living? Have fun cleaning a hotel bathtub for enough cash to drive you to work every day.

Nah, receptionist work.

I have 4 years of prior experience. That probably helped.

nice,just printed 100k resumes

Idk if my past work experience is good enough for when I finish uni, I've had one summer job working on a maintenence yard and one internship. I've never had a typical part/time-student job in retail/hospitality because fuck the general public, can people still just walk out of uni and into a job or is that meme dead.

Inb4 meme degree, studying stem.

JB HiFi

Lol you're in stem and asking that GTFO. As long as it isn't geology related you'll be good. (Gl getting anywhere in an oil company) Otherwise you work for da gov or a teacher

I wish you were right.