Why do Flat Earth Theory believers exist?

Why do Flat Earth Theory believers exist?

I know it might sound edgy and arrogant, but a lot of people are stupid as shit, user.

>flat earth is stupid, lets make fun of it
>skydady is real, stop being so edgy
Intelligent people have less offspring than smarter ones.

>being a theist is the same as being a flat earther

Theism can be neither proven nor disproven. Flat earthism is easily disproven

To discredit groups of people by joining said group, and advocating for a flat earth.

Alternatively, one can merely assert that a group believes in a flat earth, which was done towards Christians in the early 19th century.

It's also an effective way to change the subject. People have a hard time talking about something when there's retards screaming about how the earth is flat.

Theism =/= Organized religion

it is quite odd the the moon is always facing us, and life is really crazy if your really think about it.

Another good point is that after the information age became the misinformation age, people started rethinking basic fundamentals. its all a natural response.

The moon is always face us because there are clearly visible alien structures on the other side

Flat earth is a psyop intended to discredit and distract.

I always seemed weird how this suddenly exploded on the web in 2014. Sure the FE Society existed before but it more of an obscure joke. But then you had this wave of FE nonsense that just came out of nowhere.

Also interesting how it seemed to pop up when people were talking about the hollow earth, and Antarctica was becoming more of a thing. Then surprise, researchers find a warm cave in antarctica that potentially supports life. It's all one big slight of hand.

Why do Holocaust Theory believers exist?

Contrarianism, ignorance, gullibility.

Because not everyone is a retarded /pol/ack

Not saying it's flat, however something is not right. It may be hollow, or a different scale. Globetards who claim we know exactly what shape the earth is are honestly worse than flat earthers. We shouldn't just believe everything (((they))) say.

If there exist a conspiracy to discredit the hollow earth theories, wouldn't the researchers just have remained silent about their findings?

I'm not actually saying hollow earth is the answer.
But there's a shared thread between the two, antarctica. Yet flat earthers always deflect away from Antarctica into nasa and a lie about space. No matter the construction of the earth, there's something up with Antarctica.

If earth is hollow, why don't we all float away to space or why hasn't the hollow earth collapsed to a more stable state, that being a solid ball of matter?

>Then surprise, researchers find a warm cave in antarctica that potentially supports life
Yeah, at the side of a fucking active volcano...

If the earth was hallow how are tectonic movements and volcanic activity a thing?

>it is quite odd the the moon is always facing us
Not really, it just happens to rotate at the exact necesary speed in relation to its revolution.

Discredit WHO?

>it is quite odd the the moon is always facing us, and life is really crazy if your really think about it.
Is it quite odd that Mercurius faces Sun all the time?

Here's the thing, why do people WANT to believe it?
Is it really just wanting to know some "hidden truth"?
Most conspiracy theories or religions whether they're true or false are more self serving or comforting than that.

>intelligent people have less offspring than smarter ones

hehehe

The biggest oddity is that i can't think of any reason anyone would try to hide the fact that the earth is flat, and if it were, the curch would have come out with it a long time ago

What's funnier is that some dude in Ptolemaic Egypt proved Earth to be round

I personally think the whole reemergence of the flat earth thing is a psyop to discredit the truther movement. I'm sure a lot of people want to believe in it as it makes reality that much less scientific and leaves room for religious belief.