So I get the flak that Germany gets because of WW2 and the death camps, but why in the FUCK...

So I get the flak that Germany gets because of WW2 and the death camps, but why in the FUCK, do they not get ANYTHING for what they did in WW1. Sinking innocent steamers and killer thousands of passengers regularly, absolutely savage.

>Sinking '''''''innocent'''''''' steamers

Then what about all that illegal military contraband it was carrying?

>NOTICE! Travellers intending to embark on the Atlantic voyage are reminded that a state of war exists between Germany and her allies and Great Britain and her allies; that the zone of war includes the waters adjacent to the British Isles; that, in accordance with formal notice given by the Imperial German Government, vessels flying the flag of Great Britain, or any of her allies, are liable to destruction in those waters and that travellers sailing in the war zone on ships of Great Britain or her allies do so at their own risk. IMPERIAL GERMAN EMBASSY WASHINGTON, D.C., APRIL 22, 1915.

This is literally why the US joined the war, what do you mean by "got away with it"?

>if we tell you we are going to murder you, it's morally ok

It's a war. If you're going to be at a warzone at the wrong time, you're going to get killed. If I take a walk in the Syrian dessert and get droned by the US, I got what I was looking for.

>hello friends we are at war with britain so don't ride british ships if you don't want to get sink'd t. germany
>"wtf is this gay shit reading is for girls usa usa usa"
>*gets sink'd*

>If you're going to be at a warzone at the wrong time, you're going to get killed.
Uh no, you are going to get killed because an autist country sperged out and randomly sank boats from countries that were not participating in the war.

British vessels would intentionally fly flags of other nations in order to create confusion. The German navy had no choice but to adopt a policy of sinking all vessels in the target area in order to counter this.

>randomly sank boats from countries that were not participating in the war.
>only attacked boats that were allies of Britain,sailing in British waters or waters adjacent to Britain

>RMS Lusitania
>RMS

Also, that whole "illegally carrying weapons" thing.

I know people on Veeky Forums don't know history, but they should at least know how time works

>Sinking of Lusitania: May 7, 1915
>USA enters WWI: April 6, 1917

The New York Times was even making fun of how everytime the Germans sunk a ship with Americans on it Wilson only wrote """strongly""' worded letters saying he disapproved, you thought that Europeans not responding to Muslim rape fests is the epitome of being a cuck you should have seen America during Germany's Torpedo Autismo Extermo

Fuck off with this shit. Scheweiger intentionally sunk boats he and his pilot lanz KNEW were danish, norwegian, etc.

Yeah dude, I can't imagine why Wilson was reluctant to subject Americans to the meat-grinder of WW1.

Again, Britain was flying flags of other nations in order to create confusion. The only way to counter this was to sink ships of all nations within the designated area.

Why didn't the ships just fly German flags??? the Entente knew the Germany Navy and merchant marine was useless and in port and therefore any ships with German flags were actually Entente ships. German submarines would be too dumb and afraid of sinking their own ships that they would leave them alone.

But he was sure happy about having his country's naval rights violated and having nothing but words to say in response.

Great Britain was also violating freedom of the seas at the same time because of the naval blockade. Declaring war on Germany because of Freedom of the seas but ignoring Britain for doing the same thing would have been very hypocritical.

They weren't killing the crew and passengers without warning though were they?

Germany didn't kill anybody without warning. Everybody was warned to stay out of the war zone. Ships which failed to heed this warning sometimes got sunk. That's war, and it sucks, but everybody was indeed warned.

>implying sh*tmany has the right to wage a war on based anglos and holy france

>Declare unrestricted submarine warfare with great publicity
>What a great time to have a cruise!
Were people fucking retarded?

No they just thought Germany wasn't a super fucking assblaster that they would sink one of the biggest PASSENGER liners sailing the seas at the time, because passenger liners were mostly ignored and let be during the olden days of naval warfare. But Germany, like most other times in WWI, decided to intiate inhumane tactics to win

It was perfectly legitimate to sink the Lusitania. The ship was carrying weapons. It's sad that people died, but that's just the tragedy of war. The only reason that the sinking happened is because Britain insisted on entering the war.

Passenger liners didn't even exist during "the olden days of naval warfare" dickhead

>The Lusitania was carrying weapons
That doesn't matter because U-20 didn't know that, other passenger liners of neutral parties(that were even exiting from Britain) were still sunk and they weren't carrying any contrband
>Britain insisted on entering the war
You mean it upheld the document they signed with Belgium, which just so happened to also help them because of the taunting and instigating Germany was doing to them for over a decade?

t. my ass
Merchant liners existed way before Germany did.

>but why in the FUCK, do they not get ANYTHING for what they did in WW1.
user are you forgetting that the Treaty of Versailles exists?

>hey let's disguise other ships as civilian ships, so that when Germans graciously surface to spare lives we can shoot them instead!
>while we're at it, let's fill this civilian ship with military equipment and sail it through the blockade!
>THEY SANK THE SHIP? HOW COULD THIS HAVE HAPPENED? WHY DIDN'T THEY SURFACE AND ALLOW PEOPLE TO DISEMBARK FIRST? GERMANY THIS IS AN OUTRAGE.

Britain's use of Q-ships forced this matter

They knew, or at least strongly suspected, that the ship was carrying munitions.

Good luck being a german flagged vessel then. I suppose it's more sanitary when you watch them die. [spoiler]Except when GB mined neutral shipping lanes, killing countless innocents, such as norwegian fishing vessels, and which remained deadly long after the war. [/spoiler]

German U-boats originally would surface, order the the ship to evacuate, and then sink it, so that nobody onboard would be killed.

England started using this to lure German U-boats and attack them after they surfaced, so the Germans just started sinking them the traditional way without bothering to be merciful.

Also, any ships carrying military equipment and ammunition is fair game; this included the Lusitania. The Amis and Anglos were effectively usuing human shields to deliver weapons by placing military equipment on board civilian vessels.