How did we go from this

How did we go from this

to THIS?????

Things change with time.

WE WUZ CHANGZ

great camera quality for the 1500s
bless those renaissance inventors

All memes aside I am actually curious about this

From as far back as we have artistic depictions of them until the 16th century Irish people dressed more or less the same way - long tunics, cloaks, later on small jackets, mostly no pants or shoes.

Then the 17th century rolls around and they pretty much immediately start dressing identically to the rest of western Europe.

What gives

It's not a photo, just a very detailed painting.

they stopped being subhuman

Isolation.

More stylish desu

Ireland during the period 1536–1691saw the first full conquest of the island by England and its colonization withProtestantsettlers from Britain. This established two central themes in future Irish history: subordination of the country to London-based governments andsectariananimosity between Catholics and Protestants. The period saw Irish society transform from a locally driven, intertribal,clan-basedGaelic structureto a centralised, monarchical, state-governed society, similar to those found elsewhere in Europe

tl;dr england colonized their ass and probably influenced their everything
idk if thats the direct reason, but its my best guess

The black-haired ones are the true Celts whereas the redhead ones are Germanics migrants according to Veeky Forums.

Why do the Irish look like nazis?

Holy "this looks like it could be on the cover of an assassin's creed game" tier aesthetic

to remind anglos they could get into cahoots with germany should they try anything

Probably the natives got replaced

Celts are True Indo-Europeans and therefore black haired

I doubt he was serious
I doubt you're serious
I doubt I'm serious

Yes user all 5 million Irish people living in Ireland at the time got replaced and somehow started speaking Irish and practicing Catholicism

Retard

You got (((G*RMAN'D))))

Gaelic Irish no longer owned the land so traditional ways of dressing for soldiers was replaced by whatever influenced the Irish who were up in arms, which was the French by the late 18th century
1700s and mid to late 1600s with the Williamite War and the Civil War was a rough time which saw the Gaelic Irish order completely swept away

General military aesthetic, also they experimented with different helmets.

Pants are better

That's roight laddie we were Mongols agus aráile

Why were they so backward?

1580s shit that guy on the horse looks like he's from Dark Ages Britain.

that's a top tier aesthetic faggot, besides firearms wouldn't permeate armies fully until ages after

Irishmen are notoriously known for their ignorance, barbarism, sloth and general drunkenness, all of which are an obstacle to progress.

The first recorded use of a firearm in Ireland is apparently an English soldier in the 1540s using one as a club because he didn't know how it worked

It's probably because the fuse didn't work or something. Arquebuses are often held with the barrel to use as a club during melee.

Fuck off Nigel

Sorry, how forgetful of me. Add 'slow of wit' to that list.

End of the Gaelic clan system.

I was weirded out how 14th century Irish nobles looked oddly similar to 6th century British ones.

>highest authority is called the High King
>he doesn't have to be stoned or slightly taller than the other kings
Nice going micks

Not as bad as the Aztec one

>Moctezuma II
>king
>has to be stoned
>doesn't even get high from it

He's high in heaven now

Does this explain why U.S. political cartoons make them look somewhat Asian?

Being raped by anglos