Ethereum Metropolis Hardfork Thread - 9/22

The Metropolis Hard Fork and What’s In Store for Ethereum:
cryptocanucks.com/metropolis-hard-fork-whats-store-ethereum/

How much will Ethereum go up after 9/22? Will it double over a one month period? Are we looking at $600-$700?

Other urls found in this thread:

itsblockchain.com/2017/08/31/ethereum-metropolis-hardfork-and-introduction-of-proof-of-concept/
reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6x2vhg/where_can_i_buy_metropolis_when_it_goes_live/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Probably 500EUR +

it's already priced in faggot
metropolis and PoS are both no news

Market cap will overtake BTC believe me

do you realize 90% of the world isnt faggots like you who sit on the computer reading EVERYTHING about crypto? some people have real lives, and most people have no idea about Metropolis

We're going to the moon, faggots

Anyone else notice the Chinese agenda to try to cause Ethereum to drop lower?

They're so pissed about what's to come and know their precious Bitcoin copycats, Litecoin, NEO, and other gook coins will be toast.

>some people have real lives
>sit on the computer reading EVERYTHING about crypto

You missed the point, user...the idea is to put two opposite statements in contrast

PoS when?

can u explain to a brainlet why ETH is hardforking and who will maintain the other fork? will it be different than ETC

>mining for Ether will become significantly more difficult after the upgrade
>mining is likely to slow, due to the increased difficulty, which means that prices will fall
>on the other hand, if the upgrades make the Ethereum platform more friendly to users in general, and the overall user base increases, prices might rise

People aren't sure what's going to happen after the upgrade because they aren't implementing POS yet but are still making it harder to mine.

Ugh.. maybe it's time to sell.

Will i get ethereumcash for free or something?

Don't forget BCC.

It's true. They simply can't fathom why no one wants their shitty knock-offs.

The upgrade includes a ‘Difficulty-Bomb’ intended to make mining exponentially more difficult. The bomb is designed to be an intermediate step in the transition from proof-of-work (PoW) to proof-of-stake (PoS) on the network. That is, assuming the proof-of-work mining difficulty bomb can be addressed by the developers. This has often been referred to as the ‘Ethereum Ice Age.’ This particular feature makes it impossible to mine transactions over time, effectively forcing the switch to a new algorithm. However, due to the DAO hard fork implementation, this time bomb is ticking a lot faster than originally planned.

It still remains clouded whether the upgrade will cause prices to increase or decrease, but a general pattern goes: as mining slows, prices fall. However, the upgrades should increase.

While it still remains unclear whether the upgrade will cause prices to increase or decrease, general pattern dictates that as mining slows, prices fall. However, the upgrades should increase the number of users on the system overall, causing the price to rise.

itsblockchain.com/2017/08/31/ethereum-metropolis-hardfork-and-introduction-of-proof-of-concept/

so... like the btc hardfork, are we expecting a massive dip?

Yep, it's pretty clear they're scared of ETH. This shit is gonna be web 3.0 and the new world currency, and they don't control it like they do BTC.

The hard fork is being split into 2 parts. I think the 2nd part known as Constantinople should offer a lot more flexibility with ZK-SNARKs

I'm new to all this business happening here. Is Ethereum why people use the word "decentralized" like a shill buzzword?

Ethereum is an asset & network that's moving decentralization forward. Look into Blockchain technology and cryptocurrencies. There's lots of information out there surrounding these topics.

I think its presumed its going to hardfork because Ether is getting an upgrade and theres always that one fag that hates change.

By the looks of everyone commenting, everyones looking at a massive increase but fuck if anyone knows the real outcome :) just have to wait and see i guess.

500 easily

Its nothing but features people want. Really looking forward to their decentralized lightning networks though.

what is the oracle problem?

>mfw eth cucks think the price has any more room to grow

But more on a more present note, getting tired of these fags and their sell walls.

Raiden Testnet was deployed today so thats good news. Plasma will be exciting for smart contracts as well.

shills are out in full force trying to get people to sell

hodl

Yeah, I wouldnt even sell in this to buy a dip. This market is far to unstable and unpredictable.

Id sell now and buy the deep deep dip

So if this is a hard fork does this mean I need to update my wallet and get ready to sell off whatever alt coin gets generated? How do I hold a position to double my money?

There will not be be a new coin created like the dao hard fork, or bitcoin cash.

The old chain will be rendered useless.

reddit.com/r/ethtrader/comments/6x2vhg/where_can_i_buy_metropolis_when_it_goes_live/

Since there won't be a new token like bitcoin cash to take away from ETH.

Eth will go from $300's to $600's-$700's.

Bitcoin would be worth $6000+ by now if Bitcoin Cash didn't exist.

do you guys think erc20 tokens will crash as ethereum skyrockets? or do you think eth mooning will bring more money into eth and eth coins?

i want an actual discussion on this, im not sure if i should sell my coins for eth before this happens

user got BTFO

Randao

from what i understand, they actually postpone the difficulty bomb to a later date with this update. why everyone on the internet is posting bullshit about mining becoming impossible? isn't 3 eth per 15 seconds better than 5 eth per 25+? won't mining actually be more profitable after the update?

So, basically after the fork we might see a little hype trend either up or down, but then it will smooth over and settle back to homeostasis?

ITT: the price will go up or it will go down! look how smart i am!

Another hard fork. As if miners are going to just throw their hardware investments away. They will fight and shill for a mined fork.

So at the end of this will we have eth and eth_basic or what. Will I have both on the exchange, or will everyone abandon the old chain?

Yes, it will be.

Great question, I know an ico or two that are coming out around then.

no new coin will be created, everything will automatically move to metropolis, the updated version of ethereum

>Foundations for ZK-SNARKs / Zero-Knowledge Proofs

Monero and zCash on suicide watch.

Going to be sinker sell now before its too late

Yeap

But you can still mine it, its just harder. As it gets harder the price will go up until its worth mining again.

There already is one, and it's going to gain lots of hashpower and epic FOMO once Casper kicks in.