Pillaging

Veeky Forums
Redpill me on Pillaging(looting, raping and killing)

Is it Nigger tier or is it part of war?
Why was it so common in ancient times?

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_of_Cintra
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantu_expansion
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

In ancianit times people fought wars to get four things:

>Wealth
>Land
>Pussy
>Power

Now people go to war for so called "patriotism". I dunno, it seems like war is meaningless now.

Well you didn't earn a wage for fighting unless you were part of a mercenary company, so I suppose you'd want to get something out it

You want shitty 6 pence only or do you also want want food and money you get from pillaging?

>didn't earn a wage for fighting
Citation needed

Ill admit its kind of a big turn on to chain up women and then force them back to your capital their spirit broken knowing they will never be free again in their life.

the word vandal came from the germanic tribe, the vandals

all germanics tribes loot, raped and pillaged

So did the Gr**ks, does this mean that they're germanic?

>ancianit
what

The Greeks pounded each other's boipuccis rather than raping the women of the villages they pillaged so your point is moot

Delusion.

>Is it Nigger tier or is it part of war?
Both.

War itself is basically about getting a bunch of your countrymen together and going abroad to act like a nigger for a few years before coming home with looted gold and women.

Romans did it too

>Couldn't understand a satirical post.

Autism is showing user.

>i was just pretending

Funny you should ask, around the 9th or 7th century it was seen as a morally developed thing to keep slaves as to protect them from the raiding and pillaging of conquest and so that they could serve the winning side of the conquest rather than have to pick up the pieces of one's small village/ empire.

And funnily enough, the Arabs with Hammurabi's scholars advised him towards including this in his law codes too.

BCE, forgot to include BCE

>The Convention of Cintra was an agreement signed on 30 August 1808, during the Peninsular War. By the agreement, the defeated French were allowed to evacuate their troops from Portugal without further conflict.[1]

>Dalrymple allowed terms for Portugal similar to those a garrison might receive for surrendering a fortress. The 20,900 French soldiers were evacuated from Portugal with all their equipment and 'personal property' (which was mostly looted Portuguese valuables) by the British Navy.

>They were transported to Rochefort, Junot arriving there on 11 October. Avoiding all Spanish entanglements and getting free transport meant the French travelled loaded, not light like a defeated garrison marching to their own lines.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Convention_of_Cintra

I can't help but laugh imagining these French soldiers their hands full of Portuguese jewelleries, fine tablewares and paintings being given a ride home on British warships

It is only very recently that armies developed modern logistics chains that allow them to supply basic neccesities to their troops.

Sun Tzu encourages looting as much as possible, because it not only denies supplies to your enemies, but because of logistics chains, any food you steal over there is worth several times the same food you have over here.

How the hell are you supposed to get good at fighting if you don't go around fighting?

Great norse figures are those that went around the land killing men to get better at killing.

Yes, because I truly believe that Greek soldiers were more concerned with sodomy of their fellow soldier than the pleasure of a hot pussy after a siege.

Again, autism is showing.

>Why was it so common in ancient times?
Because it's how you reproduce you retard.

While its true that they did plunder and pillage the term has been exaggerated by historians through time. Kinda like the Viking's reputation of being mindless conquering beasts. They were far better than the Huns for instance.

Everyone did it

Plus there's the simple fact that it's pretty demoralizing to show the enemy population that their army can't protect them from you.

Didn't the Vikings pillage like crazy because they weren't all that great at fighting otherwise? So they just raided a lot.

Yeah, but until recently, the enemy populations morale didn't neccesarily matter all that much.

'Vikings' aren't soldiers. Vikings aren't a people, they're a profession.

They didn't fight, and raided a lot, because that was their JOB. Like how Pirates rarely tried to engage naval warships.

Gotta get more soldiers from somewhere.

Not from the general fucking populace.

My opinion is that war is fucking un-fucking-believably stressful as fuck, and to humanize the enemy is practically paralyzing, given your job. So you de-humanize and vilify your enemy to the point that you can live with the shit you have to do. But it doesn't just shut off when you win, you can't just re-assume your frame of mind from before you were in the shit. So you fight, you struggle, you suffer, you inflict suffering, and at the end of it all you finally come out triumphant and who is there in front of you? Some pussy. Not a woman, not a person, but some easy sensual relief that you know will make you feel good. So you take it, and the moral implications can go fuck themselves because you've just spent god knows how long in some shithole fighting for your very existence and the continuation of your state and your culture/way of life, and you deserve some puss.

>Join an Army
>Conquer some city
>Realize you've spent years and years away from home, your wife has probably cucked you and if she hasn't she's poor as fuck and so are your kids
>Fuck, I'll just take some silver plates and candlesticks and shit, we'll be gucci then
It's really simple, desu.

>pillaging an enemy nation in the context of an armed conflict
Acceptable
>pillaging in raids, revolts, after natural disasters
Nigger

Whats with the rape thread?

This is the 5th rape related thread

What makes the huns worst?

Depends. Just taking food for yourself is justified. Burning everything down and mass kill everyone except some women you rape is nigger, or even worse, mongolian-tier.

>after natural disasters
That's what eurangutans did to the amerindians. They even massacred the civilian survivors.

Everyone did it.

War. War never changes.

>Realize you've spent years and years away from home, your wife has probably cucked you and if she hasn't she's poor as fuck and so are your kids
Nah family member's take care of them

Depends on the country and time period. Prior to bastard feudalism peasants were drafted into their liege lord's army because it was part of their duties. The poor bastards just wanted to farm mang. Now they're stuck in the Middle East while planting season is in full swing.

But to get to my point permanent standing professional armies are relatively recent, before that it was paid nobility with drafted serfs. In Europe anyway.

Well, their actual raiding and razing were the primary motive for the Germanic Tribe's Great Migration. The tribes who resisted their invasions were slaughtered. Even the Eastern Roman Empire agreed to give them trade rights and tribute.

>Peasant levies meme

>Redpill me on

One can only redpill oneself
To ask to be redpilled is to ask to be indoctrinated

> White people go to war
> Automatically steal and rape anything they see
> Buh it's the black man that's violent
> We're innocent
Right.

Remember the news stories after Hurricane Katrina? Only black people loot. White people scavange.

The French were extremely autistic with looting during the Napoopan Wars

I've heard many accounts of French troops with their hands full of loots from Moscow at the beginning of the retreat from Russia
Some had very cumbersome stuff like large paintings or fine room furnitures
This seem quite retarded to carry stuff like that when you know you're about to cross all Europe on foot through the winter

Needless to say that most of that stuff ended abandoned on the road

Vikings were merchant sailors, bud. If the port was poor they ignored it. If the port was rich and strongly defended, they put up their swords and traded. If the port was rich and weakly defended, they took out their swords and stole.

I mean, what the fuck were these retards thinking....

hot

>you didn't earn a wage for fighting unless you were part of a mercenary company

Even then being paid for fighting was the exception not the rule. Soldiers looting and raping was seen as a natural consquence of war since most states in the early modern period struggled to pay their armies.

basically this

The difference is scale

niggers loot cities
whites loot countries

If niggers learned to destroy states and civilizations like whites do they wouldn't be looked down upon.

Do you know about the Bantu expansion? Because they did exactly that

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bantu_expansion

He said countries, not mudhut tribes

That's not how it went though at all.

Why add a race angle to this when it isn't even needed at all?

>implying germanic and celtic 'civilizations' in the roman age were more than mudhut farmers

It was towards an enemy nation in the context of war, so civilized.

>he thinks patriotism isn't just a selling point when the actual motives are still wealth, land and power

Fucking plebians I swear to god.