Why didn't Alexander go West?

Other urls found in this thread:

britannica.com/biography/Cyrus-the-Great
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Because he went East.

Persia/China/India>>>Western European mudhuts

He died

King of Asia lmao

Because there were only smelly retarded hobos living in forest huts in the west. The East had the inheritance of Alexander's husbando.

What if Alexander stopped fighting and started ruling?

He feared the albanian warrior

>>>
He was following Dionysus route into India and a fabled route up the nile back into the Aegean sea. Before his death he had planned invasions of Arabia, Carthage and Italy.

Why didn't manifest destiny spread east? Oh yeah because there was nothing fucking there

Why the fuck would you go West?

West: cold climate. Little resources. Thick woods. Backwards barbarians.

East: cultural aesthetics everywhere. Uh the fuckin silk road. Litteraly that's it. That is all you need for an argument.

Why go West where there is no promise of prosperity instead of east where you know of so much more.

Alexander fully intended to invade the west after he was finished in the east. There was a moment when he met a bunch of Carthagian merchants and he explicitly told them that he'd take over Carthage when the time came. However, he mysteriously dropped dead before he got the chance.

He planned to, his first objective was Persia but after that he intended to annex Arabia and then to campaign in the West. Of course, he died very young soon after returning from his first campaign so he never got to try himself against the West.

>get stung by mosquito
>die

What a little fucking bitch, lmao. Died to an insect.

He was about to before he died. His plans were to conquer Arabia and Carthage.

Persia was a great Civilization that was just starting to have its sun set, while the west was a bunch of nonsense. What's the point of taking over Carthage when you had Tyre, or a nascent Republican Rome?

Persia had Babylon and history. It's where Cyrus ruled.

This, why go all the the west when there is little to nothing of interest

Because his dream to chase was defeating the biggest, baddest thing since Zeus defeated Cronus. Rome hadn't become more than a regional power. Carthage was, what, just starting to expand its borders past the Phoenician colonies? Ancient Egypt, Persia, Babylonia, and India were east. Mythical shit happened there. Heroes were born and fought and died there. Even in Asia Minor, stuff like Troy was under Persian rule.

If you were Alexander and wanted to fuck the biggest, baddest thing that had existed until that point, where would you go? East or west?

Controlling silk road+spice trade+east mediterranean shipping= economic superpower the world had never seen before. Because Alexander died so early and his empire was split up, were Rome and Carthage able to become competing regional powers.

The eternal P*rsian had plagued the Greeks with war (directly or indirectly) for a century and a half and had to be put down.

>white male threatens semites
>mysteriously dies
Looks like Alex got Mosad'd

Why would he want to invade a barren hinterland inhabited by barbarians?

He should have at least taken Magna Graecia.

Spice trade
He who controls the spice controls the world.

So let the spice flow

Greeks already knew what's in the west its basically Gauls and celts
Carthage or what ever is in north Africa were there rivals.

He feared the Roman warrior

He feared the pasta warrior.

He feared the pizza warriors

Ninja turtles?

He feared red hair Gauls.

He feared the lasagna cavalry

He feared the sauerkraut warrior

he prefered asian boipucci

He feared the Celtic warrior, literally

Carthage was next on his hitlist when he died. Some of his successors tried to get the army together to fulfil his plans but everyone was either too busy going home to Macedon or carving out their own kingdoms from the spoils.

Western Europe became relevant like 1000+ years after Alexander.

He had to deal with Persia first then after dealing with Persia he had to assert dominance at the borders with steppe peoples to the north and India to the east to preserve stability.

Strategically he went too far in India, he should have helped an ally dominate the Indus to create a nice buffer state then he could turn his attention to the Mediterranean.

tempted to go with this tbqh

Why didn't Alexander continue on East? Did he fear the Punjabi Warrior?

wtf is this anime autism?

>Alexander
>Silk Road

Might want to check those dates again buddy.

If only he had taken Greek culture to Arabia, there would be no is**m today.

>Greek ((((culture))))

LONG LIVE SHQIP!!!!!

>pedarasty intensifies

>Carthaginians, Romans, Padanians, Etrurians

>mudhuts

Lol...

Did he knew about china?

Unironically yes, his men were really scared of fighting the Indian kings

>Because he went East.
Fpbp desu

>Might want to check those dates again buddy.
>Implying the silk road had a definite beginning
Yah "buddy", you may want to check those arbitrary dates again.

>Carthage
>western
Also as a nice caveat, both under Cambyses II and Xerxes the Persians wanted to go after Carthage but their Phoenician vassals refused to go against their kinsmen.

He defeated Punjabis at Jhelum

Pajeet puhleez. I would ask for citation but I suspect you would unironically give me one.

haahahahah
wow

white male?

they would have fallen pretty quick if persia of alexander invaded them

carthage problem was that they used mercenaries, they didnt have their own army, fi they then they would have a big empire

Without vaccines and modern medicine you could get really fucked up... Hell even a fever could kill you back in the days of our grandparents let alone at 300 B.C

Alexander conquered most of the known world before dropping dead at age 32 of exhaustion

You can't even conquer your anime love pillow and will drop dead at 35 of a heart attack

Alexander traumatized the Jews so badly that they had to reevaluate their entire history and worldview to accommodate his success

/pol/ ruins everything

What are you even saying

this

the spice must flow

i-is there more of this? asking for a friend

33 actually

Both Alexander and Cyrus spent more time fighting then actually running their empires but I guess Cyrus was just better at multitasking then Alex was

Alexander was 32 when he died, just short of his birthday

Cyrus lived to be 70, you can't compare them

>Cyrus
>70
No. Next you'll tell me he "died against the Scythians" too.

Are you reading Xenophon retard?

Are you retarded? All Greek sources on Cyrus birth and death are completely contradictory and unverifiable.

And conquer what?

So which sources are you reading that he didn't die in 530BC?

Alexander took tributes from peoples as far west as the Celts before departing for Asia

What source do you have that he was 70?

Even Herodotus said his story isn't likely true about Cyrus' death you aspie

Seriously made me ponder...

>Romans, Padanians, Etrurians
They were similar in size to small Greek states, while the Achaemenids hold massive wealth in the east.

Dandamaev, M. A. (1989). A political history of the Achaemenid empire. Leiden: Brill. p. 373. ISBN 90-04-09172-6.

I want to fucc.

All of them.

And I'm supposed to care about what someone wrote almost 2600 years later again why?

(You)

>persiboos denying basic historical facts again because Alexander's superiority triggers them

I swear this is the same fucking retard that's been here since day one

>not a first hand account
>no direct testimonials, eye witnesses, or stated records
>no indication of direct date of birth
>"he's 70 though"
Here's your (You).

No one denied anything except placement of dates, you samefagging /pol/ reject.

where does this show date of birth? academia isn't doubting the time that cyrus died but his birth year and age, which is and has never been verified

Hi Alex, big fan of your work, but really, a little bug bite?

He was born no later than 580 BC in any extant source, which still makes him nearly twice Alexander's age at death. Get over yourselves

Alexander was almost certainly poisoned. Most probable culprit was Kassander through his brother Iolas

He was a much better tactician than administrator

This meme needs to stop

>silk road

Ok fair enough but to expand The Silk Road is just a anglocentric name given to the trade routes between the east and near east as major travel.

The concept of such a large trade network however is very old in comparison to the time of Alexander the great. If you were to research the origin of the silk road, you'd find that the trade routes had been defined some 3000 years ago.

I will also say that the mal presented is circa 12th century based and therefore not accurate to the time of Alexander the Great, but it was the only image I had saved at the time for refrence and not actual accuracy. Though I will say there are some very ancient trade routes still present on this map, and where we may not have seen those routes in the west in 4thcentury bc, we certainly would see these trade routes in 4th centurybc asia.

Trade routes between the 12th century ad did not change mich either where as for the west having gone through the collapse of Rome, suffered a major chance to grow it's trade from the time of Rome to the 12th century.

Where's the source?

Find me literally ANY source with a later date of birth than 580BC

Meant for

Where's the source?

britannica.com/biography/Cyrus-the-Great

Now fuck off

Not a first hand source, retard.

Holy shit you're dense

Post a contradicting source then

He wanted revenge on the Persians

You're getting reported. I've dealt with with your stupid ass enough times before and I'm not doing it again. You're the same faggot that pretended to quote arrian and it ended up being some third rate commentary book. Fuck off back to the university of Tehran

>announcing reports
Fuck off troglodyte.

Fuck off and give an actual first hand account of Cyrus exact birth date, dipshit. Its not a hard request to follow.

>You're getting reported.
Yeah you go ahead and keep doing that.

There is no source that has him born later than 580. None. Period. That's the latest he could have been born.

Not him but there is literally no consensus or verified date on Cyrus actual birth. That's why almost all sources list it as "circa" 6th century and it ranges wildly between 600 BC to 570 BC. We only really know about Cyrus II's existence when he took over the Persian Revolt after Cambyses I, his father, died early on during the start against Cyrus's maternal grandfather.

And even then our main accounts come from Greek sources who conflate dates, names, and locations in Mesopotamia and Iran proper at times that makes it muddier. Hell Xenophon claims there were hundreds of thousands of Persians siding with Cyrus and those numbers are quite frankly impossible. Then there's the fact while we know when Cyrus died, we don't know how as the Greeks can't even agree on that.