/frugal/ general

>tfw went to the library and rented out a copy of college textbook for an hour (they don't let you take it home)
>took pictures of every page (over 500 pages) with my phone
>return book
>saved over $300 from renting or buying used like a cück

It might've been a pajeet poverty tier thing to do but I'm not getting jewed by the college scam any further than tuition. Also it didn't take too long and I couldn't find it online at all.

How do you guys save money?

>phone
>frugal
Doesn't add up.

look for lowest cost per unit mass of food, usually to be found in special offers

Why don't you just download the e-book or pdf version? Are you fucking retarded?

user check out gen.lib.rus.ec for books, even obscure ones.

>all books have pdf version
found the freshmen who goes to a shit school

>go to technical college for 5k after hs

Life has been cash since that choice about 4 years ago now

>Not building a library
brainlet

>not storing as PDFs on a tiny drive
>2000+17

could you not just pirate it?

>reading books off a computer screen
disgusting

>always shit in public bathrooms to save on toilet paper. Shower too if you can find one to save on water.
>shave your head to save on haircuts and hair maintenance products
>only drink (tap) water
>always pack your own lunch
>never carry cash so you can claim "I've got no cash on me" in situations where you might be obligated to split a bill. Oftentimes the other person will just pay the whole thing, saying "you can pay next time"

People also scan you fucking idiot. Do you really think there are only pdf from publishers?

The last one is Jewish, and the other ones I get. I used to do all my toilet and showers at a gym

>don't use cash or debit card, find a good rewards credit card and pay off entire statement every month
Beats any checking interest rate, I recommend amex if its feasible

Yuropoor here.
what's the problem with using a debit card? why do I need a "credit score"?

as a person who has scanned 3 textbooks before your welcome. the point is that not all books will be easy to find online especially if you have professors who write their own book and make you buy a copy they have just finished publishing..

gen dot lib dot rus dot ec has every book.

Debit cards are harder to reverse txns on if it gets stolen, plus rewards points is literally free money for spending money

>never carry cash so you can claim "I've got no cash on me" in situations where you might be obligated to split a bill. Oftentimes the other person will just pay the whole thing, saying "you can pay next time"

Just so you know, there is a very thick line between being frugal and an asshole.

>per unit mass
>not per calorie

Nice.

>"borrow" neighbor's cup of sugar
>never give it back

BTFO!