Dear Veeky Forumsmen

dear Veeky Forumsmen,

at what age must you absolutely move out of your parent's place for your own good, keeping in mind that you have an alright job aka not a burger flipper?

what if it's a single parent? does it financially and ethically make sense to move out when you could instead stay with them, save your income, plus keep 'em company in exchange for your social life.

yours truly,
user

Depends
> if you are white
> move out when you graduate high school

> if you are asian
> you probably live with your parents until they die or some shit like that

My grandparents live with me because they are senile. Most countries culture is to live with your senpai until you get married or even after that. American shit is dumb, OP. Rent is even dumber. Move out when you can outright buy a house with cash

It doesn't have to stop your social life.

Dunno how family autocorrected to senpai, I've never even written that word before

literally just put 5000 into bitcoin right now, day trade a few shitcoins, and you will never have to work again

arabs/euros have it done right around here in Michigan. Everyone generally lives at home til 26 while saving money for a down payment on a house the whole time skipping the money pit of renting an apartment when your mortgage payment is the same fucking price a month

meh I'm almost 25 and still live with parents after returning from uni.

I got over £20000 of saving and can realistically look for down payment for a little house of some sort.

I should really get to it...

i'm asian and moved out at 22 so idk

Veeky Forums auto corrects F A M, senpai to senpai

i guess it depends on your situation and the kind of person you are.
if you live in a 3-5 bedroom house with a basement and a garage with your parents then it might not seem like a problem to bring friends/girl over.

but it's completely different matter if you live in a 1-2 bedroom apartment and there's no place to hide.

Stay with them to safe alot of money. Only move out if you cannot get along with your parents. Saves a fuckton of money, invest it get hoookers lambo.

house is nice, but from my perspective this is why rent > house:
>you still end up paying property taxes forever, just like rent
>you'll have to watch out for things like hydro bills, electricity bills, heat bill
>you'll need to maintain your property + house
>if anything goes wrong(roof caves in, basement floods, bad neighbors move in, tornado, etc) it will cost you a lot to fix
>you're chained to the location of your house so if you lose your job it will be tough to relocate(this is a big one for me)

don't move out because people shame you

do what makes financial sense

there are many married couples with kids that live with one of the spouses parents to save $$

If you are a Veeky Forums autist who doesn't understand the desire to socialize and who won't touch a woman in this lifetime, then who gives a fuck? Your life is going to suck no matter what you do

I moved out at 17 and am the most wise 23 yo ever

but living with mommy undermines even the slightest chance of becoming a socially healthy adult.

26 or you'll start to go batshit crazy

As long as you can emotionally stand it, or something like that.

I'm 24 and I feel marginally bad about still splitting an apt. with my mom. I pay like 1/2 of what I would pay with a normal roommate. All this extra cash is nice, and that's enabled be to peruse a lot of things, but I'm feeling like I need to get out.

Never (((move out))).
>implying you need "friends"
>implying you need "female contact"
>implying you ever need to spend money

move out as soon as you can. you'll never learn what it means to be independent until you do, and the sooner you become completely independent the better.

>tfw you own 2800 sqft townhome and have a solid crypto stash along with brokerage account, gold stash, savings account and 401k

This but unironically

>live at home at 20 years old
>parents don't bother me, have the place to myself most of the time
>attending Uni for STEM degree on nearly full scholarship
>wagecuck part-time
>net worth of nearly $35k

Why would I not do this?

>implying I even need to be (((alive))) and breathe air

brb killing myself faggots

i found an apartment with some friends at 18 but since I'm a Jew i decided to just stay with my parents so i don't have to pay rent. I'm 23 now and still live with my parents

okay but what if you're in this situation:

especially if youre in that situation. You're living through nepotism, and as long as youre doing that you'll never learn the true value of a dollar.

>no replies
house owners btfo

lol move out
honestly i wasted so much money while living with parents because i simply didnt need to save it
moving out forced me to get my finances in order and be more diligent
also being alone comes with a lot of benefits like you basically decide how you want to live

living alone allows me to structure my setup to what works best for me in terms of meal prep, laundry, cleanliness, garbage/recycling, etc.
I thought my parents did things really inefficiently and they did.

For example, i use disposable plates/utensils so i dont waste time doing dishes
i keep my large recycling bin right in the middle of my kitchen so i dont have to waste time taking it outside
i buy food in bulk, cook a bunch of shit on sunday, and have meals lined up for the week and make sure im stocked in mostly healthy snack; this way i spend as little time as possible cooking
i dont have a yard so i dont waste time with landscape fuckery
i leave things messy but do a end-of-day cleanup everyday

none of this shit would've flown with my parents but living alone, no one can tell me what to do. I now save myself a shitload of time operating at maximum efficiency.

Living with your parents incapacitates you in more ways than you realize.

depends on your relationship with your parents.

i stayed until 27 because i wanted to buy a house with cash but i ended up leaving out of necessity one day. i think its much better for your mental health to not feel burdened by your parents and their house rules.

21 now, saving nearly 12k a year, 20k banked atm, not moving out till maybe 25.

Built a granny flat 300m down the yard to bang hoes in/sleep/play games. Should last me the next 4 years. Instead of rent I'm helping pay off the mortage in return for deposit on new house.

even in this scenario? efficiency is nice but i'm saving 90% of my income. we only have two bills.
moving out means now i have to pay for rent too plus second internet bill.

if you'd still move out then that's pretty savage of you.

this. possession is something for niggers and chinese. in death you own nothing

22/23

It is not good for your mental health to stay with your parents longer than 25 yo if you are not in grad school or some high level academic research student. And I dont mean moving out into a hostel, I mean living on your own, no gf, nothing. Just your own place, where you can decorate with whatever you've always wanted to buy but been ashamed of having to throw the packaging away. Want to jack off naked while giving your boss the daily report on the phone? You can do that. Want to put up your favorite dolls and nendroids and order some sex dolls and dakis? It's your home, your rules. Buy whatever Internet plan you want and find a new place if they don't cater to your area, come home black out drunk with a girl you met at some fair, or better yet, have the confidence to talk to more girls because you now have your own place and don't have to worry about mommy barging into the room asking what sauce you want to put on your chicken tendies, cause it's obviously fucking ketchup mom, who the fuck would eat chicken tendies with BBQ sauce? Am I a nigger? Cause I'm pretty sure only NIGGERS eat chicken tendies with BBQ sauce. Nastiest shit I've ever tasted I swear to god I could kill a bitch if they come to me and ask me "Sir, what will you be having this evening"? Chicken tendies bitch, hello? "Will that be ketchup or BBQ sauce", like be ready to catch me on the station 7 news if a bitch asks me that, must have me fucking confused with her cuck ass husband or some shit I tell you.

But yeah, move out.

this is exactly why I'm currently renting while owning property.

>6 units
>all are rented
>mortgage (on 1), bills, taxes,insurance are all being paid by the rental income while still netting an annual profit
>all employment income is profit/savings

Worst case, I can kick out a tenant and take one unit, but I'm currently renting for less than what the tenants are paying

I'm asian. 25 years old. 240k in capital of various assets. My parents greatly support me. And I personally feel obligated to support them until they pass away. I understand the relations between parent and child may be less tight knit and would leave to living on their own earlier. My parents highly suggest I not waste money on rent and use it to build up more capital.

>live with your parents
>don't pay rent
>put all money earned into investments

Moving out and renting in a suckers game

My parent legitimately told me. Stop paying jews your rent money. Throw that shit into btcoin. Or at least open a line of credit to get a home. At least when you pay your mortgage you retain equity that you can get back by selling your home. It ends up being a store of value. Rent is a joke.

that's cool, but 6 units sounds like a lot of money which we don't have.

it seems like there's a divide of renters-owners-momma's boys

to summarize my previous post, stay with your parents as long as you can (physically and mentally), save your money and avoid debt

i dont get it so you get out of your parents home to become a prick and being irresponsible as fuck?

Honestly, there is no right answer for this, but it honestly depends on your and your parents mental health and your relationship

If you do actually get along well with with your parents, help them whenever possible, and seem to have a healthy relationship stay, save up and leave only when you actually feel you need to leave

On the other hand, if you are going to get into a discussion every day because you are playing vydia while your parents get pissed at you for being a prick all the time just leave so you can mature a little bit

if you just leave to behave like a degenerate, fuck like a rabbit to make stupid decisions in life like or just because people make fun of you, well, i would say you need to mature more in your parents home