Spend all day making this neat transactions / portfolio spreadsheet in Excel that pulls stats off of CoinMarketCap

>Spend all day making this neat transactions / portfolio spreadsheet in Excel that pulls stats off of CoinMarketCap.
>No portfolio to back it up.

One day, right guys?

Other urls found in this thread:

mega.nz/#!3cNU2RxZ!pLjK7619NT3MuEbp4_q_yBBPjR1ptEymN8nuN5oyT5Y
gist.github.com/chrislkeller/5719258
pastebin.com/raw/4NR4vWss
youtu.be/hkDD03yeLnU
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Why reinvent the wheel?

to make a faster one

Wow, nice.

I guess mine is just more tailed to me and my simple portfolio I suppose.

If you send it here and I like it I'll give you 0.03 eth for it.

Hope you like it.

mega.nz/#!3cNU2RxZ!pLjK7619NT3MuEbp4_q_yBBPjR1ptEymN8nuN5oyT5Y

ETH: 0xab907b05Eaf8fBFdc2CeA6e2e2Fd57ddBE08F71f

does anyone have anything that accounts for the transfer of coins from exchanges to wallets?

This bookeeping has been a huge pain in my ass for me, because these services can't tell the difference between a withdraw and a sale.

If you guys have something please let me know. Right now I have over 400 trades to account for and losing my fucking mind.

I'm at a point where I think i may need to be a hermit for a weekend and spreadsheet everything one at a time linking their USD values at the time of trade...holy fuck i'm fucked.

I feel bad, I am up 20x from March, just under $80k, yet I don't even track my shit, just get blazed and pool into the latest shit coins for mad gaiinzz

how do you account for time of trade and value at the time of trade? this is the big issue I am having right now.

mmyyyy boi

Also, if anyone knows visual basic pretty good could you help me to fix the code that pulls info from CoinMarketCap? I can pull numbers, but I can't pull strings like the symbol for currencies.

I put a column under transactions for the exchange rate you traded for, if that's what you mean. Just plug that in and amount you received, and it'll do some calculations on how much you paid.

>0xab907b05Eaf8fBFdc2CeA6e2e2Fd57ddBE08F71f
So to be honest I'm too much of a tinfoil hat man to actually open the spreadsheet. But I sent you 0.01 ETH anyway.

bitcoin.tax is good for bookkeeping. I pay for premium so my taxes are handled. You'll have to manually enter withdrawals though as a "fee" transaction

Wow, man. Thanks, I appreciate it.

The spreadsheet only runs a visual basic module that creates a function called cryptocurrency() that you can use in formulas to pull data from the CoinMarketCap API.

Any good desktop versions of blockfolio wherein I can have one coin but many transactions associated with it?

Currently using cryptocompare but it pisses me off because I have to add a whole new position even if it's the same coin.

I've got a page of OMG buys. I want just one OMG listing but it compiles all my orders into an overall position.

Thanks lads

I use google sheets and a custom IMPORTJSON script you can download and implement here:

gist.github.com/chrislkeller/5719258

Must more accurate/faster than coinmarketcap data since you can pull from the particular exchanges you actually give a shit about

I use bitcoin.tax, but I'm not sure how it's calculating everything on its back end.

I tried cointracking, but they want .44BTC for unlimited trades (holy fuck they're out of their fucking minds). But What I like about them is they actually have a place for deposits and withdrawls so you can balance your sheets. This way you can tell that a transfer to a wallet is NOT a sale.

Oh, that's pretty neat. I usually just use CoinMarketCap for checking stuff out since I don't do too much trading yet. Plus, I wanted something offline since google docs slows down my lil' Lenovo Thinkpad.

Here is the VB code: pastebin.com/raw/4NR4vWss

If anyone is a visual basic pro, I'd appreciate any help to get it to pull data as strings or as double if it's numerical.

Im working on a coin tracking app let me ask you fags some questions

1) desktop / mobile clients or website?
2) security concerns?
3) wanted features?
4) least liked things about your current tracker?

Do I have to pay a tax on every sale or only when I cash out of crypto?

What?

i love how you guys are bringing VB back... not really.

youtu.be/hkDD03yeLnU

supposedly, every trade you do for bitcoin is a taxable event. Crazy right?!

Since the IRS considers bitcoin as property, and it left your possession for another form of property, you then need to report how much at BTC was worth when you received it, and how much it was worth when you traded it. The difference is your capital gains.

Bitcoin is going to get taxed to death. I am in the same boat and trying relentlessly to track these trades and their valuations at the time of trade, while also accounting for transffers and fees from exchanges to wallets. HOLY FUCK THIS GOD DAMN KIKERY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So I guess it's good that I'm keeping track of all that in my spreadsheet? I just wish Blockfolio took int account fees and such. That's one reason why I made this.

Every time you cash from X to BTC. So if you buy 50 USD of 1 BTC, then trade that BTC to ETH, then ETH goes up to a rate of 2 BTC, then you trade back to BTC, even if you don't cash it out to USD, you need to report the 1 BTC gain.

If you keep the gain in ETH, then you won't be taxed on it while it continues to make gains.

Now, what is not 100% clear is whether or not this applies to every other coin, or just BTC, so if I were you I would keep a looong list of all the trades you've done since this year's tax season just to be safe.

Remember: the tax man won't punish you for paying more taxes.

just dont pay your taxes then. cash out through localbitcoins. free 10% on top of your gains.

sauce

Also does this pull historical price data?

Yeah, don't do this btw The tax man always gets his cut, one way or another

sending $3 out of nowhere. Who are you, Bill Gates?

0x25e36eff1a2136110fee53c81a187a48e765e507 beermoney for this saturday maybe?

lets be realistic here, I would like to be free from debt and live on a mortgage free property.

I would end up living like a "rich" nigger looking for small cash transactions.

ALL cryptos are considered the same class as BTC...which leaves another questions:

Can you claim "like-kind exchange 1031" and deffer the capital gains until you actually cash out?

>not just using cryptop

Any changes/additions you recommend to my spreadsheet to stay on top of things?

At the moment I've just reported cashing out for tax purposes... if I have to report every trade then I'm literally fucked.

I have a chart similar to yours except mine tracks gain rate as well entry exit dates. I would add a column so that you can see how much you are losing/gaining on your investments. I also have a coin chart that shows me my holdings at a glance, and I go to another chart to add the transactions to stay efficient, I have a column that holds the current rate for the coin at that time and I just update that whenever I feel like seeing different colors