Why did the Orthodox Church venerate Stalin as a saint?

Why did the Orthodox Church venerate Stalin as a saint?

Other urls found in this thread:

sputniknews.com/russia/201505311022778000/
quora.com/Why-is-Stalin-being-perceived-so-positively-among-modern-day-Russians
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

because that's how ethnic religious groups work

Because the Orthodox church is run by former members of the KGB

Because the Russians were, are and always will be slaves.

And when you see the Western /pol/shits and Russians here talk about muh traditional values and Christianity they mean icons of Stalin and priests with wrist watches and cars that 99% of the population can't afford.

Maybe uh, because he told them to?

Because he dindu nuffin

So?

Is it bait or are you really uneducated murrican? The Orthodox Church has never venerated Stalin as a saint.

You can get people to do a lot of things if you put a gun to their head.

Because the Russian people were cucked by a Georgian bureaucrat.

How do you explain OP's pic? Hint: it is not a fake.

Only 89iq brainlets (like ) can take this shit for a real icon.

I can take icon of Donald Trump to the Red Square. It must prove something?

The Orthodox Church has never venerated Stalin as a saint.

This!
The Orthodox Church as of 2017 as far as I am concerned is not going to make Stalin a Saint you brainlet faggots.
You take a lot of fringe Russian extremists way too seriously. Just like on leddit where everyone fucking believes that Dugin is somehow some huge well known person in Russia, he's not though.

Kek, the relationship between Stalin and the Orthodox Church is well documented history. He essentially snagged the position of Tsar.

How are you so stunningly unaware of this?

>the orthodox church
No such thing. Stop pretending you know anything.

Lets see this is from Sputnik News. I know its Russian state media, I get it. Its full of bullshit news. I get it. B
>Russian Orthodox Church Outraged by Appearance of 'Stalin Icon'
sputniknews.com/russia/201505311022778000/

Also, this maybe from Quora and its not by experts on this but take it from someone who lives in Moscow.
>As Evgeny noted before, only a few half-crazed marginals are seriously supporting monuments and canonization.
quora.com/Why-is-Stalin-being-perceived-so-positively-among-modern-day-Russians

Because he gave the Orthodox church special treatment over other religions.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/State_atheism
>By 1934, 28% of Eastern Orthodox churches, 42% of Muslim mosques and 52% of Jewish synagogues were shut down in the USSR.

I'm guessing it'd be by people who were unaware that Stalin was an Atheist who attempted to destroy the Church in Russia, before ultimately acquiescing to its existence.

I have something for you.
You talked that the Orthodox Church venerated Stalin as a saint, but I don't see any evidence.
Just shut the fuck up, westerners like to call the USSR Russia and OP clearly had in mind the Russian Orthodox Church. Stop pretending you know more than me, I bet that you was one of these subhumans.

>You talked that the Orthodox Church venerated Stalin as a saint, but I don't see any evidence.

So you are blind?

>I can take icon of Donald Trump to the Red Square. It must prove something?
As I said, the Orthodox Church has never venerated Stalin as a saint.

Icons don't matter, unless actually used in a church. Just because someone made an icon pretending Stalin was a Christian doesn't mean the Church as a Body recognizes him in any capacity

You are going to show me a genuine image of Donald Trump as an icon in Red Square to prove your point are you?

I think not.

I hate defending Russia, but are you fucking stupid?
That's not an official endorsement from the Orthodox Church! That is not an official Icon from the ROC its you that's blind. As far as I am concerned from official statements within the Church, there is no serious consideration of making Stalin into a saint for the ROC. You take extremists in Russia way too seriously, you really think that ROC is going to canonized Stalin? The ROC will make Stalin into Saint when the Catholic Church decides to make Hitler a saint. Its not going to happen without fierce resistance from the Church.

>That is not an official Icon from the ROC

Yes it is.

Ranting away about Hitler is just a red herring.

Do you have proof? Show me sources and links that this is an official icon? Please. And don't show me the website of the Communist Party of Russia or show me a website from a fringe lunatic Russian extremist website. Show me the official website of the ROC and other sources that indicate that this is true.

No one said it was contemporary, user.

Well can I get a source on that? Do you have any news items related to this? Anything at all? Or are you just pulling this out of your ass. I want a source please.

>news
>about Stalin

You are aware we are talking about someone that died decades ago? Are you seriously this retarded?

You're accusing me of being retarded? I'm just simply asking for a fucking source on the ROC wanting to make Stalin into a saint? Is it that fucking hard to provide a source?

Do you understand what the word "did" means? As opposed to "does?

You're avoiding the question. Stop moving the goalposts and provide me a source.

No one is avoiding the question. Obviously the contemporary Orthodox Church does not endorse Stalin and that is not the claim that was made in the first place. I don't want to be rude but I am guessing English is your second language (I hope).

>Hint: it is not a fake.
Helo may american frend, I sea yu ar qwite a conosur of the fain rushan art of ikon-panting, sou, I hev a biznes ofer just for yuo! Ther iz plenti of rily old ikons inmai pozeshen thet i inherited from mai grand mazer, depiktink Stalin, Hrush'ov, and Brezhnev, I ken ofer it to bay for yu for a smol prays of djast five sauzend dollars ich.

They don't

why did americans worship Cthulhu?

Why are you implying here?

That cnn, nbc,etc arent US state media?

I dont know why you people are like this

Why did Cthulhu seem so important, he's just a minor diety and got rekt by a fucking ship.

Because half the mythos has nothing to do with the original author and they were all trying to one up Cthulu by making up shit like Azathoth