So I read a bit about what Mao had to say about traditional Chinese society, and he's not wrong. After all...

So I read a bit about what Mao had to say about traditional Chinese society, and he's not wrong. After all, the CCP did abolish abhorrent practices like women foot binding.

I agree he was massively incompetent and short sighted, but I don't think he was retarded as the memes about him like to spout. The five year plans were doing alright, before he took a massively dumb step forward.

Other urls found in this thread:

marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/FMFRP 12-18 Mao Tse-tung on Guerrilla Warfare.pdf
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>You guys should melt farm tools to get me steel >Even though I haven't asked anyone who knows anything about steel production if this will work
>We need to kill the sparrows, a primarily insectivorous bird
>Not retarded
Though I blame this on the Chinese in general for going out of their way to listen to this bullshit and worshiping fucking Mangoes

His decisions were retarded, but that doesn't necessarily mean that he was retarded.

These guys were good revolutionaries, but never ruled before.

Stop LARPing

His military theory are studied even in modern day*, but he was a really shitty political leader. In all he is one of the biggest reasons why the modern world is the way it is.

*marines.mil/Portals/59/Publications/FMFRP 12-18 Mao Tse-tung on Guerrilla Warfare.pdf

People who shit on Mao aren't able to separate his capabilities as a military leader versus a peace time civilian leader. He was great as the former, exemplified by him rallying the communists after losing 9/10th of their army after a 3000 km retreat, compared to being completely retarded as the latter, no examples necessary.

>After all, the CCP did abolish abhorrent practices like women foot binding.
The ROC did that.

>i don't understand the difference between bans on paper and effective bans

The only thing of worth he did was in the field of military strategy.

Nothing the ROC did was effective, that's what happens when you have a bunch of asshole warlords giving lip service loyalty to the central government

he ended feudalism and disenfranchised the landlords, that was the primary goal of Chinese revolutionaries for nearly a century

Mao scored really big on the 'grand scheme of things' problems. He's probably going to go down like Peter the Great.

China needed modernization, but it didn't need to have its culture devastated by a malevolent psychopathic gnome. The Republic of China has also abolished foot-binding and slavery and similar ills, without needing to murder tens of millions and destroy countless priceless relics of the past.

In the long run it doesn't really matter. What Mao destroyed (which was a lot less than most Euros assume) was going to be lost from westernization/industrialization/ and adopting consumerist habits from the west.

Really now? Running around and destroying the faces of ancient statues? Desecrating the tombs of past emperors?

>A FUCKING SPARROW

Should of specified I'm talking cultural values not artifacts, which are irreplaceable and should be condemned

You realize a lot more antiquities have been lost since the Deng reforms than under Mao, right?

So just because Mao didnt like women cramping their feet into creepy little doll shoes, this somehow absolves him of his actions which led to the deaths of 15 million(this is the lowest estimate) of his own people in peace time?

Did he want a cultural revolution too?

He did.
But because it wasn't a disaster and capitalist in nature it's known as reform and opening up

Good language reforms. I guarantee anyone who argues against that is a Westerner

>I guarantee anyone who argues against that is a Westerner
>Western countries like the UK, France, Germany, Spain etc. all suppressed regional languages/dialects and replaced them with national language long ago

>just melt all your metal tools down so we can a shitton make steel
>absolute shit product
>no one has farm tools now
>not retarded

The KMT also tried to abolish foot binding in the 1910s. By the time the communists gained power it was almost universally looked down upon by educated Chinese

Banning footbinding is one thing, but destroying priceless temples, statues and art was pointless

Well, people are often hypocritical about it.

also, a minor nitpick: one of the countries on that list (spain) failed to successfully replace regional languages with a single language, and has payed the price in the form of ETA terrorism and the current possibility of Catalan secession.

>dude lmfao seeds are just like workers

>if you plant them six feet underground it'll inculcate workers struggle in them dude lmfao
>if you plant them in incredibly dense piles it'll help them collectivize lmfao dude
>what do you mean 'we've been farming for over two thousand years and that's fucking stupid' lmfao dude enjoy getting shot to death
>lmfao dude steel is easy to make, melt everything you own to make steel
>REEE FUCKING SPARROWS GET OUT GET OUT REEEEE

Yeah, no other gov't could have done such a thing

>great as a military leader
>in china
That's like being the smartest man in Somalia. Even decades after Mao, the Chinese military was severely incompetent. He must have been up against a 10th rate force.

While being severely incompetent they were able to beat back the UN in Korea while using donkeys for logistics, and despite just done with a 30 year civil war plus Japanese invasion. Modern Chinese military history is underrated, as least when it comes to the Korean war. [spoiler] Peng Dehuai was a god, ironically he got purged [/spoiler]

Yes

I mean, for all the flack the Cultural Revolution gets, it also prevented China from falling into Soviet style stagnation and paved way for a transition of power to a fresh set of minds.

>KMT
That's an archaic abbreviation, use GMD instead since the pinyin spelling is guomindang, which accurately reflect pronunciation.

Reading about Mao's early life before becoming the leader of CPC is like dwelving into some pulpy 1800s modern Robin Hood story.

> Fleeing GMD at every run
> Setting up bandit groups
> Conquering remote villages and socializing their properties
> Stumbling into obscure bandit leaders and warlords who would become the leaders of Red Army two decades ago
> Constantly fighting with the party organ over the proper method of achieving revolution
> Falling into a depression after GMD captures and beheads your wife and sister
> Proclaim the third Marxist country to last over a year in world history in Soviet Republic of China
> Develope an immensely impactfull theory of guerilla warfare through own experiences and readings of Sun Tzu
> Finally embark on an insane March to the ends of China to avoid GMD
> Survive largely thanks to the Japanese taking advantage of GMDs inability to get rid of you, a petty bandit

The koreans themselves weren't really stellar. Mao, let's face it, was a nobody given a chance to play-act. There were hundreds dozens of minor figures more worthy of respect even in his time.

Pardon my ignorance, do you have any statistics for the growth of China from 1950-1972, versus say the growth after Nixon "opened" up China to the west, or the growth of China from 1992-2017 after the USSR fell? It would be interesting to compare growth under the different eras

Yeah, that's what KMT call themselves, "KMT".
And KMT still exists, so I'll just keep use KMT.

>it also prevented China from falling into Soviet style stagnation and paved way for a transition of power to a fresh set of minds.
Cultural Revolution didn't do this, Mao didn't do this they're the "OPPOSITE" of what you said.

Deng xiaoping and his reform did that, and he almost got killed during Cultural Degeneration, I mean Revolution.

MAXIMUM TANKIE

DO IT AGAIN CHAIRMAN MAO

>no arguments to the contrary
>spam memes because you're autistic

Mao's revolution was one more destructive events in chinese history, Mao purged the entire elite class of the society and culture hoping to give a fresh start for the new china. when collectivization program failed came the paranoia, the looking for traitors and saboteurs under the bed, the purges, the totalitarian police state, the ideological purity spirals and the Struggle Sessions. Was Deng Xiaoping who save that country.

It's like calling Beijing Peking.

Mao was very good at killing people, unfortunately when he transitioned into civilian life he kept doing it just as well as before.

Nibba, how the hell do you claim that cultural revolution stagnated the society? Do you even have a clue who were the targets of the persecutions?

Deng came into power 12 years after the revolution ended. Lin Biao and The army intervening (with Maos agreement) in the chaos stopped it. Cultural revolution isnt Stalins purge. It did not establish a police state; the persecutions were carried out by students on their own terms mostly. If encouraging frustated youth to unleash their anger on their superiors is somehow a police state, the term loses its meaning.

>Do you even have a clue who were the targets of the persecutions?

What ever who the regime considered reactionary and bourgeois like landlords and family farmers, religious leaders, teachers, comrades who didn't shut up and obeyed like the rest.

>implying the regime controlled and directed the cultural revolution instead of it being troglodyte zealots chimping out and being opportunistic against anyone they didn't like

I am not talking he stopped the chaos itself but the fail of economy of china. Also say Mao had not guilty in the fanatic turmoil is very misleading.

>troglodyte zealots

Like Mao himself, all they did was because they want to please Mao, if not, Why didn't he stop this fanaticism surround him?

Don't forget
>turned tibet from a totalitarian religious dictatorship where 99% of population were slaves with one or more limbs cut off by their "humane" budhist masters into a prosperous part of the people's republic of china where serfdom and slavery is ancient past

Because the Chaos was at first politically expedient for Mao. Still doesn't mean he directed it, or the government was super all powerful enough to stop the masses from chimping out and rioting.

This too.

People have a romantic view of Tibet although it was a inhumane shithole before Mao.

Read more then half of threads, sadly most of them are /pol/ trier - must be /pol/ infestation.

>turned tibet from a totalitarian religious dictatorship in explotable region from another totalitarian regime.

>his decisions were retarded
yeah so that would make him retarded
if i was a psychologist I would diagnose him with extreme autism
but im not because fuck going to school for 8 years

Nope.

It's like how retarded your post is, that doesn't mean you're entirely retarded. Just ignorant.

don't be calling me a retard when you're the retard who's acting like a retard, retard