Thoughts on this?

Thoughts on this?

treasury.gov/resource-center/data-chart-center/interest-rates/Pages/TextView.aspx?data=yieldYear&year=2017

Seems like the inverted yield curve has begun.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_curve#Inverted_yield_curve
theguardian.com/business/live/2017/aug/30/markets-recover-after-korea-shock-and-ahead-of-us-gdp-business-live
investing.com/news/economic-indicators/bank-of-canada-raises-cash-rate-to-10-526023
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

bump. deserves more attention

?

from my understanding it means buy bitcoin

Who cares? Old money is irrelevant. Only DIONS matter now, bro.

Translate for the brainlets in the audience.

>awoo redditfag
>brainlet
Who would have thought.

it means time to start developing your own oppinions before u get raped by forces beyond your control

You found me out! How cunning!

AWOO TELL OK

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yield_curve#Inverted_yield_curve

Thanks for posting OP

I think its pretty clear that we're in the late phase of this recovery; people are projecting pretty low yielda on a ten year timeline which implies a correction

Just another indicator like the shiller PE and A N Y T H I N G with the ICO market

That said may as well go long and hard on crypto

>The 3% jump in US GDP in the second quarter is more than double the 1.2% increase seen in the first three months of the year. The US Bureau of Economic Analysis said:

>The acceleration in real GDP in the second quarter primarily reflected upturns in private inventory investment and federal government spending and an acceleration in PCE [personal consumption expenditure] that were partly offset by downturns in residential fixed investment and state and local government spending and a deceleration in exports.

from here: theguardian.com/business/live/2017/aug/30/markets-recover-after-korea-shock-and-ahead-of-us-gdp-business-live

Aggregate Demand = Govt Spending + Investment Spending + Consumer Spending + Net Exports

This is how Expenditure GDP is calculated.

The US is growing, this is not recessionary. Based off of this, the Federal Reserve will increase rates, and this will hit those who are buying long term treasuries. It's important that the Fed increase rates now, so that they have a backup plan, once things go to shit and recessionary pressures truly start to kick in.

What concerns me is wage inflation. Jobs are growing, but it's growth which is mainly occurring in low income jobs, it would seem. This is one of the major things that could hold back hawkishness, but we can't keep rates at record lows, forever. That's just going to keep the stock market bloated, which is not healthy.

I think it's the right thing to do for the Fed to start increasing rates from December, and into 2018/2019, if possible.

So what the TLDR? What does this mean?

cute pic tho

Waiting for the next housing market crash coming in the next few years. I think home prices are going to fall by at least 30%.

What does this mean folks?

I NEVER TOOK ECONOMICS, THE FUCK THIS MEAN BRO?

it means we cool for now

GDP is such a horseshit indicator for economic growth. If I watch my kids and you watch yours, nothing of value was created. If I watch your kids and you watch mine and we each pay each other $5 (which, in essence, makes us both whole), then $10 of value was created and is therefore taxable as income.

So fucking dumb. Same with people who use the S&P and NASDAQ as indicators for economic growth.

>I think it's the right thing to do for the Fed to start increasing rates from December, and into 2018/2019, if possible.
Agreed.

Thanks for the link

If you both start paying $10 to each other in the next quarter, then $20 in the quarter after that, that would indicate GDP is growing. The fed would be warranted in reducing any current stimulus, so that your spending in other areas doesn't result in inflation going beyond their target.

Hmm, neo keynesians... I thought this was a reasonable board.

investing.com/news/economic-indicators/bank-of-canada-raises-cash-rate-to-10-526023

Being outdone by Leafbux.