Tfw French destroyed Anglo-Saxon civilization

>tfw French destroyed Anglo-Saxon civilization

Other urls found in this thread:

romanitas.ru/eng/THE FALL OF ORTHODOX ENGLAND 5X8.htm
telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8424904/People-with-Norman-names-wealthier-than-other-Britons.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'm sure this will be a great thread

>Tfw Anglo Saxon civilization destroyed Celtic civilization

Ah, if only, we can only dream

Fun fact: Anglo-Saxons were extremely chummy with the Byzantines and the Anglo-Saxon church was more aligned with Orthodoxy than with Catholicism. This is why the Catholic Pope okayed and supported William's invasion and subjugation.

are you bullshitting? tell me more, that's interesting

No, not bullshitting.
romanitas.ru/eng/THE FALL OF ORTHODOX ENGLAND 5X8.htm

One is tempted to say, when confronted by the inbred bastards (bastards!); those deformed and wild-eyed progeny
of Angles and Saxons who so vigorously gesture towards their tear-stained maps, "WHAT Anglo-Saxon CIVILIZATION?" ,
a phrase driving those so forsaken by God to have ancestral ties to the shit-stain of the Atlantic into a fuming, inchoate
rage!

Wasn't Anglo-Saxon civilization destroyed by the Danes? IIRC, most of the nobles when Guillaume I liberated England were either Danes or nobles that were raised by the Danes.

>tfw celts destroyed the pre-indoeuro civilization

Fun fact: a bunch of the anglos exiled after the conquest ended up in service to the Varangian Guard in Constantinople

Not really

You don't know, you weren't there

Neither were you

Prove he wasn't there. By this, I mean, real statistical proof.

The vikangz in Iceland were also Christianised by byzantine Armenians after centuries of abject failure, but the eternal Vatican promptly dealt with that after they got what they wanted.

>implying it didn't experience a revival in the United States
t. WASP

>anglo saxons
>pr*testant

>chummy with "orthodoxy"
>pope gregory i sent roman mission to convert anglo saxons
>archbishop of Canterbury was under roman jurisdiction
>used latin as liturgical language

even if the norman invasion hadnt happened the anglo saxons would not have followed michael cerularius.

never frogpost in my general direction again you fucking degenerate

Afaik the issue between anglo-saxon England and Rome was the appointment of Stigand as the archbishop of Canterbury, which was not ran by or approved by the Pope at any point and that shit didn't fly with Rome at all who were at that time really big into centralizing their authority and shit

hold still lapring amerishart

when you're this mad about not being born into a rich WASP family

>Composed primarily of Scandinavians for the first hundred years, the guard increasingly included Anglo-Saxons after the successful Norman Conquest of England. By the time of Emperor Alexios Komnenos in the late 11th century, the Varangian Guard was largely recruited from Anglo-Saxons and "others who had suffered at the hands of the Vikings and their cousins the Normans". The Anglo-Saxons and other Germanic peoples shared with the Vikings a tradition of faithful, oath-bound service (to death if necessary), and after the Norman Conquest of England there were many fighting men, who had lost their lands and former masters, looking for a living elsewhere.

Imagine being a Byzanto-Anglo-Saxon.

Wish we'd destroyed France tbqhwy OP
t. Anglo

I wonder what happened to the descendants of the Anglo-Saxons in Byzantium. Did they integrate and become nobles?

Apparently they were almost entirely assimilated into Greek culture by the turn of the 15th Century. Not sure about social status though but I imagine they were fairly well off being in the employ of the emperor.

Probably integrated
It wasn't particularly uncommon at all that Byzzies granted for example the leaders of their frankish/norman mercenaries estates and titles of nobility
It wouldn't have taken more than a generation or two for them to sport greek names and be half greek on one side of the family anyway

Protestantism is unnatural for Anglo-Saxons and a result of Germans exporting their cyclopean autism to the rest of Europe.

Anglicans(and Episcopalians) aren't really Protestant or Catholic thou.

WASPs and British elite in general are Norman/French descendants, the "Anglo Saxon" in their name is a literal misnomer. Do you think names like Cabot, Baskerville, Delano, Sinclair, Humphrey, Molyneux, Bowles, Warren, Darcy, Neville, Melville, Hamill, Quincy, Sargent, Coffin, Perkins, Cushing, Devereaux, Talbot etc are Anglo-Saxon? It's all frogshit.
Also read this: telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/8424904/People-with-Norman-names-wealthier-than-other-Britons.html

>Normans
>French
nice try, frenchie autist

>tfw pre-Indo-Europeans destroyed Neanderthal civilization

I'm Anglo-American actually, and my surname is Anglo-Saxon. Not some faggot Norman name like what the WASPs have. New England might as well be renamed into New France because only frogshit homosexuals settled there while all the actual English people settled in Virginia.

>normans
>not french
have we reached peak historical revisionism?

t. John Aethelwulfson

They were Danes living in France.

Maybe 1/16th dane, dude

They brought their families en masse. It wasn't a handful of warriors who took local wives.

He kind of has a point tbqh

Still a drop in an ocean, they intermarried and in a generation or two were already speaking french and had native frog relatives

>t. Jean-Paul Cabot Melville III
Actually it's just Robertson.

Robert isn't an anglo-saxon name

Yes it is, although the original spelling was Hrēodbēorht. Frogs just fucked with the spelling to be able to pronounce it.

It was way more common in the continent and especially among normans, you're kidding yourself if you think it comes from the old english cognate and not the continental Robert

>froggot fairy tales

>prosopography of anglo-saxon england has 3 examples of anybody recorded with the old english form
>meanwhile northern france had the Robertian dynasty, the dynasty of dukes of Normandy and numerous other examples of Roberts (Tosny and Hauteville for example)
Yeah, you're delusional

France was also about ten times as populous as England FYI

And I was comparing northern french rulers pre-conquest alone to any and all anglo-saxons ever recorded, your name is french, you might as well be called Frogson

>tfw americans destroyed every civilization including their own

Fuck em. They were Germans anyway. Based Franks! Do it again Willy!