Is it bad taste to mention today that the US toppled Allende's Chilean government on 11th September 1973...

Is it bad taste to mention today that the US toppled Allende's Chilean government on 11th September 1973, which lead to the brutal Pinochet's regime?

What about the fact that Allende was toppled by the US not because he was a dictator, but because he was an actual competent leader who was going to legitimately improve his country? (Pic related, from the Post-Ethical Society)

So... how should I feel about that? If I don't give a shit about countless deaths in Chile, how much shouls I care for 3000 NY businessmen dying once 16 years ago?

Other urls found in this thread:

nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB437/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why would it be in bad taste to remind the world that America struck a devastating blow against Communism on this day?

>US toppled Allende's Chilean government
Pinochet toppled it, CIA was just the quiet helper and supporter. I'm fucking tired of you Amerimemes overestimating your own capabilities.

nsarchive2.gwu.edu/NSAEBB/NSAEBB437/

I love when plebs don't check if their governments has already dismissed their own past propaganda.

I mean do you hate the French for what they did in Burkina Faso as well? The weak must fear the strong, it's just these days the strong mask their motives with appeals to human rights and democracy instead of spreading christianity and civilization.

>Kissinger urged Nixon
And yet it was Pinochet who deposed Allende and not the Americans. Wanting to do something and actually doing something are two different things.

[COLAPSE]

The strong do what they will, and the weak suffer what they must.

>denying CIA support in the Pinochet coup
As you guys would say, kek

>pinochet
>"countless" deaths
lol @ ur life.

Pinochet's kill count is really fucking low for a Latin American dictator, especially considering how many people were liable to die under a Soviet-backed communist government, either through famine or the ideological violence all communists love.

Allende was already sending the economy on a downward spiral by the time he was overthrown. Thank God he didn't stay in power a minute longer.

Allende would have turned Chile into another Cuba. It would have created abject poverty and repression of right wing and liberal chileans. If a few hundred lefties had to be vanished to prevent this, it was justified and worth it in the end.

>providing support (mostly information anyway) = doing the actual fucking thing
You're American yourself aren't you? Do you unironically view your shithole country as omnipotent? Why do you want to take credit for deposing Allende?

Allende was just another Hugo Chavez.

As a follow up, I will note that Chile has one of the best, if not the best living standard in South America. This would not have been so if Allende stayed in power.

Pinochet saved Chile from the fate of Venezuela.

the US supported the coup but it was more the navy than the CIA

Pinochet at most killed 3,200 people.
That's pocket change.

9/11 hijackers killed 3000 people, yet every news channel in Europe has to make countless reporrs about it.

>3000 civilians in one attack=3000 communist guerillas over the course of 15 years

I'm just saying, hardly 'countless' deaths.
Pol Pot, Mao and Stalin caused countless deaths, and Pinochet later willingly stepped down after a plebiscite. This was pretty mild for a dictatorship, it's over-exaggerated by dirty communists tryibg to look oppressed.

Commies act the same about the military Junta rule in Greece, saying it was a horrible fascist regime that killed over 6 gorillion innocent communist children when it was just a few thousand people and they weren't even killed but jailed.

>Commies are still bootyblasted over this
You do realize Pinochet stepped in because the Chilean Congress asked him to, right? All the CIA support in the world doesn't change the fact that the coup was about as legal as one could get.

I'm pretty sure he was toppled because he couldn't maintain the militaries loyalty more than anything else, it tends to be hard to stage a coup when the leader has support

The US created the environment of instability during Allende's term, but Pinochet only received US aid after his rise.

>le Allende was a mass murdering communist dictator in training meme

That's about the same as some of the Eastern Bloc regimes.

Fascists always have legal support.
This is why they should be killed extrajudicially.

You forgot to mention the many human rights violations and use of rape as a torture method.

>commies suddenly caring about human rights violations when they happen to communist guerillas and terrorist

You don't have to be communist to admit that torture and extrajudicial killing is wrong.

>muh hooman rights
You waived those when you became a communist.