What can Veeky Forums tell me about the Russian Civil War?

What can Veeky Forums tell me about the Russian Civil War?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nXhpVDWwwYU
youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI
youtube.com/watch?v=GN2JUMrCFe0
youtube.com/watch?v=jUKQIlHu3tk
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Im going to derail this thread right off the bat and none of you can stop me

Can you remind who won again?

Eternal Kraut ruined Russia, 80% of Red army officers in Siberia were profesional German officers sent there by Cuckhelm, Kolchak´s autism caused no public support and not reaching Denikin´s troops to march on Moscow together as general Gajda suggested.

In short, Bolsheviks won because they embraced an extremely populist agenda and used brutality liberally.
White movement, even though it had bigger support by default, and limited foreign aid, squandered it by pointless divisions and the virtue of Bolsheviks controlling Moscow and Petrograd. Despite propaganda, majority of them were republicans, not monarchists.
What Kolchak did made a lot of sense, even if it was unpopular in some circles. If he won he would be hailed as a genius and savior of Russia.

Kolchak razed the entire villages to ground, which highly extended partisan warfare.
>If he won he would be hailed as a genius and savior of Russia.
He lost exactly because of that, race on Moscow instead of cooperation with Denikin lost whites the war.

>80% of Red army officers in Siberia were profesional German officers

Where is the proof for this?

the bad guys won

>and used brutality liberally.
Everyone did.
Siberia was a contest of who can war-crime harder.

book Moje paměti by general Radola Gajda

Gonna ask again, hope I get some luck:
Are there any books that specialize in the Far East of the Russian civil war? Like Vladivostok? Thanks in advance.

>It's Gajdaposter again
You are trying to make some sort of military genius out of him, which he was not. Thousands of Czechs and Slovaks joined Czechoslovak legions to fight for Czechoslovakia, while that fucker was using them as cannon fodder to get a promotion. Even Stefanik did not like him.

The wrong side won

Rest in peace Nicky

Why couldn't the whites properly organize themselves?

Nicky was the wrong side.

This. He was a cuck and his wife was a whore.
youtube.com/watch?v=nXhpVDWwwYU

War of German, British, French and some Japanese factions. Pro-British communists won.

>You are trying to make some sort of military genius out of him, which he was not
He was altrought with the general Čeček best Czechoslovak commander since 15th century
>while that fucker was using them as cannon fodder to get a promotion
citation needed

Wikipedia:
The most successful operation was the capture of Perm (24 December 1918)

Wikipedia provides casualties and losses only for the whole Perm operation (very high for both the Reds and the Whites).
I have not been able to find the data (meaning casualties) for his battles, if he was as good as you say he was, surely you can enlighten me.

The good guys won.

Latvian red riflemen rekt the whites until they were all dead

jews?

Because they didn't agree on anything except that they all hated Bolsheviks. Some wanted a democracy. Some wanted to restore the Tsar. There was at least one crazy fucker who wanted to unify with China or something like that.

>Wikipedia
He took part only in the attack and capture of the city, then he went to the Kolchak´s STAVKA, also units under his command captured 21 000 Bolsheviks.

> treat peasants like shit for hundreds of years
> thrown into a brutal and pointless war
> bazillions dead for no reason
> suddenly, revolution

“Hay peasants, join the White Army and things will be… just like they were before!”

Sure, the Bolsheviks were created by and run by Jews and Communism is a retarded system but at least they were promising something better.

Most of monarchists were killed in 1917-1918 and werent have major troops during civil war. There werent whites, there were pro-British and pro-French forces. Britain was dominant power, it was backed commies, prevented unification of anti-communists and inspired rebellion in French troops of Black Sea cities.

A lot of the Bolsheviks were Jews, but there were even more among the Mensheviks, whom the Bolsheviks defeated.

>Most of monarchists were killed in 1917-1918
top kek, no, most of the monarchists spend the entire civil war killing Esers in Siberia

Kolchack was republican, he was hate Nicky and wasnt going to recover Empire.

He wasnt actual ruler, his officers controlled him.

Even if I didn't know anything about either side I would still side with the reds. A lot of the guys on the White side look faggy and incapable. Sure the ones on the left aren't stereotypically handsome, but if you are asking whether I would rather fight next to them or Donald Tump Jr. I will choose them everytime. Especially if they are fighting for a system that benefits me over the guys that drove the country to shit. Come on bruh.

White Army
> trained and organized military officers (not very well seeing as they lost every major war they were in)
> support of the aristocracy and a lot of the upper class
> foreign aid including soldiers, which is often not mentioned
> Had their own propoganda but mostly appealed to people's religion, honor, and antisemitism (seems like a good mix to get conservatives to action)
> Not much popular support due to the events of the time

Red Army
> rag tag military commanded by trotsky
> did have some white officers defect
> only aid was from germany, mostly monetary
> had the support of the people
> held moscow and st. petersburg
> good propoganda, egalitarian goals
> ineptitude of the previous governments (tsar and interm) was staggering

Reds really should have lost the war all things considered. Simply the fact that they won justifies the revolution in my eyes. The whites had everything going for them and fucked it into oblivion. Meanwhile, if the Russian people hated the reds even half as much as "White Gaurd Revisionists" say they do they reds would not have been able to win. Its sad to see such a glamorous monarchy and aristocracy ruined, but the people deserved much better treatment. inb4 "did the gorillion dead get better treatment?" Kinda. Its unfortunate that gulags happened however the opportunities offered by the soviet gov to the average guy who's dad was essentially a slave are crazy. If you worked hard you could become an engineer, or a doctor, or a lawyer, or a plant supervisor. All w/o being hundreds of thousands of dollars in debt. Ancestors of slaves in the US are still having trouble getting out of the ghetto.

It was a mess

>Commies vs allied puppets
hmm

>the jews were behind it

Can we really stop these Nazi propaganda brainlets from reproducing? Communism helped (and actually continues to help) humanity. You're too blinded by idiocy to see it, or you're an American. Shouldn't say that twice though since it's redundant.

I hope America gets nuked.

Prepare to have your emotions manipulated shamelessly in a typically Russian manner, straight from the Russian side of Youtube.
youtube.com/watch?v=zZqVOFSYRWI
youtube.com/watch?v=GN2JUMrCFe0
youtube.com/watch?v=jUKQIlHu3tk

>Reddit translated lyrics to third video "To the Generals of the Civil War"
>The epaulettes haven't been torn off and the regiments have not been shot.
>The field by the river isn't red yet, but yellow.
>They are young, and old but their fate is decided.
>They are still not generals, and the war is not yet lost.
>They have at hand only a short time for violent glory and victory, pretty girls follow and watch them with delight.
>And at the victory parades they wait for their rewards and their promotions
>but these scenes are sadly ill-fated and these faces are haggard.

>[chorus] Bloody, intoxicating, sing, howl like a wolf!
>My homeland, what are you doing to me? [chorus]

>Photo albums are burning in hot fireplaces in the corner.
>From the walls of the Ipatievsky House fear is already dripping.
>The Messiah has already come down from the heavens and his thoughts are clean.
>Russia will bear its great cross thinking of newer crosses.
>Yesterday they were refined dandies today they are knights at war
>They are not yet emigrés, they are still her sons.
>But life trickled away, as if it had never been without a trace.
>On the horizon their guiding star was shining.

>[chorus] Bloody, intoxicating, sing, howl like a wolf!
>My homeland, what are you doing to me? [chorus]

>The last shot at the heart has been fired, neverending goodbye glances
>But the diaries of their loving wives will resurrect them for their descendants.
>Oh God, what will happen to us?
>When will everything not be in vain?
>When will reason not be obscured on the tower of the red dawn?

>[chorus repeats twice]

Red animals should be put down like rabid dogs.

>Whites
>Supported by the UK, France, USA, Japan and Italy
>Still lose
How

>Is a Red.
>Would side with Reds.
no surprises here

>Sure, the Bolsheviks were created by and run by Jews and Communism is a retarded system but at least they were promising something better.

and Jewish human traffickers continue to use this technique on the young women of Eastern Europe to great success, even to this day!
:3

tell me about the Red Army, why did they wear those weird hats?

>Be the white army
>gets funding and military assistant from 13 countries around the world
>still lose to bunch of peasants leade by an ex-jew sho was never educated in military science
JUST

>Its sad to see such a glamorous monarchy and aristocracy ruined, but the people deserved much better treatment.
False dilemma that implies the only way the Russian people could ever receive better treatment was under the Bolsheviks.

all those other countries were kind of busy with Germany at the time. Far too busy to help a country whose only real contribution to the war effort had been to die like flies and the Brusilov offensive

German propaganda, literally. The Okhrana investigated this and found nothing. The Bolsheviks were played by Kaiser Wilhelm like a fiddle.

By standing by as their Tsar was murdered by Godless Judeo-Bolsheviks, the Russian people earned God's wrath, and there was nothing the gathered nations of the world could do to mitigate the chosen fate of the Russian people.

It doesn't imply that at all, the sentence say what it says and I wrote it to mean what it says. You forced the implication. There were many alternatives, but the bolsheviks took power and did what they did. No matter who took power from the monarchy it would still be the end of an era, but someone had to. If I wanted to say that the bolsheviks were the only ones who could deliver the better treatment I would have said that, but that is utterly retarded which must be why you thought it could be a possibility.

whew this is some high grade religous bullshit. I can't believe people go through life thinking like this.

t. Godless Judeo-Bolshevik

ooga booga where da white (guard) women at?

finns were based as they always are
praise mannerheim ok

Dead and buried. but I doubt that will save them from your lecherous advances!
:^)

nicky was a retard, but i guess that wasn't really his fault

I believe that Kornilov, Wrangel, Diterikhs, Kutepov, Ilyin, and Bermondt-Avalov were the biggest monarchists among the White leadership, with the rest either being Republicans or looking for a military dictatorship.

So it's not quite accurate to go full revisionist by saying that there were few out/closeted monarchists among the White Army.

Nick was already dead.

I do need to read up on the Civil war though, because as far as I know, the Whites had the experienced officers, the support of much of the former Tsarists military, while the Reds had masses of illiterates led by some sniveling (pseudo) intellectuals. Even during the civil war, there were stories of Bolsheviks requisitioning church relics, and even one of profaning an icon in front of a priest who was hesitant to give up, then being run out by a mob of angry peasants, when the alarm bells were rung on them.

There had to have been more than "haha, the Whites just didn't agree" What about the SR's? They were carrying out terrorism against the Bolsheviks as much as the Tsar previous, but everyone quickly comes to agreements in times of war against a common enemy.