*ends philosophy*

*ends philosophy*

Other urls found in this thread:

mundusmillennialis.com/)
youtu.be/2V8TFuYiXws
nytimes.com/2009/06/28/books/review/Crain-t.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

YOU MEAN "*ENGAGES IN SOPHISTRY*", NOT "*ENDS PHILOSOPHY*".

no rei, Alain de Botton ended philosophy. Your little "Mundus Milenialis" project would get shredded by him in seconds if he had the time to waste on it

This is like ideas vs scientism

HOW CAN HE "END PHILOSOPHY", WHEN HE IS NOT EVEN A PHILOSOPHER?

HE IS A UTILITARIAN SOPHIST, AND IGNORES WHAT WISDOM IS, CONFLATING IT WITH EXPEDIENT APTITUDE.

That's just cause, like, you don't understand him Rei

Speak english

alain is pretty good though i love school of life

he understands the human condition deeper than anyone

He's an ass who adopts a flippant attitude to look cool. He is the person who would walk into a desolate land, visually beautiful and aesthetic in its relative silence, and start talking about where all the starbucks went. Still thinking someone is listening to him and nodding.

Definitely not somebody who could wrap their head around something like higher hedonics.

Rei eternally BTFO

woah... powerful...

Sounds like a fucking moron.

How is it not English?

>Speak

Cool.
Where can I read his solution to every single problem that plagues formal logic?
Where can I read his universally applicable ethical systems?
Where do I go to look through his attenuation of all forms of religious experience?

Samefag

nope
his amazing video series "the school of life"

lol I was talking about Botton. And reading his wiki gives me a better idea. Hedge fund/investment bank daddy.

The sort of person who hasn't known real hardship. And at the very least, doesn't lift.

Such people are almost doomed to be fucking retarded because for every mediocre and/or bad situation, he has an escape button. I did not have an escape button when I was homeless. I had to tough that shit out for two years before circumstance and medication got me out of it.

>Implying that nobody has an affinity for Rei's style

I like the whole Mundus thing. Reminds me of CCRU and that whole circle of pseudo-schizo "weirdos".

Quality post

well youre just a moneylet jealous of De Botton's wealth and success and intelligence

>the school of life
I'm seeing......seduction basics. Keynesian economics. Entry level psychology. Waffling about the meaning and purpose of "love". Incredibly short reductions of classic lit.

Wanna show me which video addresses any of the points here

just listen harder

Jesus fucking christ I wish I could teleport him to the middle of siberia.

"You're intelligent and have been successful. It should be easy to find a way out!"

:^)

It's hard to hone intelligence if you're insulated from potentially life changing consequences to your action.

just stop being poor, jeez

wow... really makes me think... powerful words...

Words of Wisdom

JUST: the face

>Your little "Mundus Milenialis" project
?

Rei is the one who runs Mundus Millenialis (mundusmillennialis.com/)

>Mundus Milenialis

>tfw that kid died

He looks like an oblivion NPC

"Oblivion de Enpehsea"

bro... dude... broski... dudebro... i feel hella bad now..

He's essentially the computer approximation of a human

;(

Thass dumb yo we ain't got dat fully automated luxury space communism yet , ya gots to seize dem means fisst senpai, yall is ideological as fuck nigga.

10 years hard labour fe ya ass, ya bourgeois ass mindless capitalist consumering ass nigga! Getcho ass to da gulag bitch fo I buss yo ass ho

'scuse me?

Proof?

Subhuman detected.

he shits on all other "philosophers" with his down to earth and no-jargon wisdom desu

Maybe you should take a look at yourself in the mirror first

He doesn't need much to be happy. That's what separates him from you and your resentiment.

Whoa

Get back to work, I'm not paying you to talk.

tumblr: the philosopher

t. ressentiment filled cuck

I didn't mean a picture of his dead body. I was looking for an article or something that makes note of it.

> not the world's wise web
Put a little effort into it, Button.

yall are a bunch of fucking losers cause u don't do this:

youtu.be/2V8TFuYiXws

if someone like allain is considelred a philosopher then i am an emperor because i make videos about empires.
seriously, anybody can sound like they know what theyre talking about by talking about something with passion and a good voice.
once he starts mixing his own opinion into videos, oo boi.
he goes a bit too radical with his ideas at times.

>get back to work
That's pretty ableist. We need more PoC philosophers not this quasi-imperialist liar.

Remember when he got one bad review and chimped out online?

>Caleb, you make it sound on your blog that your review is somehow a sane and fair assessment. In my eyes, and all those who have read it with anything like impartiality, it is a review driven by an almost manic desire to bad-mouth and perversely depreciate anything of value. The accusations you level at me are simply extraordinary. I genuinely hope that you will find yourself on the receiving end of such a daft review some time very soon - so that you can grow up and start to take some responsibility for your work as a reviewer. You have now killed my book in the United States, nothing short of that. So that's two years of work down the drain in one miserable 900 word review. You present yourself as 'nice' in this blog (so much talk about your boyfriend, the dog etc). It's only fair for your readers (nice people like Joe Linker and trusting souls like PAB) to get a whiff that the truth may be more complex. I will hate you till the day I die and wish you nothing but ill will in every career move you make. I will be watching with interest and schadenfreude

nytimes.com/2009/06/28/books/review/Crain-t.html

>I will hate you till the day I die and wish you nothing but ill will in every career move you make. I will be watching with interest and schadenfreude
lmao wtf