Will The Stock Market Crash?

Alright, so I have zero knowledge on this stuff, but I keep hearing more and more often about how the stock market is going to crash sometime soon as in this year or next year at the latest.

I have zero knowledge on what makes a stock market crash or the implications if it did crash. All I know is it's not good.

Is there any truth or probability to these rumors or is it just fear mongering?

Yes

i expect it will die around the end of September, early October. It will be the worst crash in market history. China will use this as an excuse to make their new currency the new world currency.

like any of the autists on here know. only the top jews know so they can abandon ship before everyone else.

The great thing about saying there's going to be a crash every day, every week, every year, is that at some point you're right you broken clock

The market has to dip and pull back, just like every individual stock within it, shit is fractal

It isn't to be feared or avoided but mitigated against and strategized around

Well people I know make out like serious shit is going to go down and the stock market will crash and we're all gonna starve and/or die.

It has been considerably higher than it should be so technically yes it is plausible there will be a correction or crash sometime soon. However the trend of the stock market is always slowly and gradually upwards. It'll be a big deal and people will panic-sell and many stupid people will lose a lot of money, but if you're young and don't have too much in it (IE money that you don't need to touch anytime soon) then you have nothing to worry about.

Considering you say you have zero knowledge on any of this I doubt you have any money in the stock market at all in which case why worry? The worst that could happen would be you get fired / your job prospects don't look so good, but if you aren't a lazy shit and have a decent enough degree / resume you'll still be fine.

All I can say is this week feels unsettling. I got AMD calls and it was humming along and I knew I was going in the money, then Tuesday comes along and I swear its a whole different market, Tesla isn't moving, Apple, NVDA stuck in a rut, none of the usual stuff is going up. I don't know it makes me wonder if its over.

I don't mean to blame my idiot options move on all the market but I am just saying things have been really weird last 2 days the best stock was shorting something that went down from 29 to 24.

I've mitigated my full stock position into the bond market. I'm up 17% on the year and am OK to lose the 3-5% I could potentially miss out on by timing the retraction poorly and eating 20-30% of my portfolio's value.

Yeah no stocks stuff for me.

I'm concerned about my parents and other family members. I don't think any of them mess with stocks but I've heard that banks will shut down and you won't be able to get your money out of your bank accounts or use debit cards or anything so it's basically just cash on hand.

since the 80s there has been a significant stock bubble every 7 to 12 years
japan 1992, dot com 1999-2000, housing 2008-2009, etc
if there is a pattern, this bubble should hit somewhere between 2016 and 2020
2018 is right in the middle of that

yes eventually. 'no man knowewth the time nor the place'

I personally believe it may not even be next decade when we see the collapse that is brewing. 'the collapse' will be turning point in the west that finally marks our collapse. its not a collapse of prices its a total shift of wealth and influence, boomers and normies will be absolutely btfo'd.

>Hi, my name is user and I have autism.
>I like to get my financial news from ZeroHedge.

I hope the market starts downtrending, you can make money off stocks going down the same way you do when they go up by basically just hit A instead of B when you buy the shares.

I want to stop picking individual stocks (although I am getting better at that) and park money in index funds but I don't want to by into the dow or nasdaq basically at all time highs

Just FYI, people were saying that last year, and the year before that, and the year before that.

Boo hoo people take pay cuts and demotions and don't get to buy as much

this generation needs some good hardship

Me too user my worry is bonds being hit

its been consistently stated the next one IS the BIG one. The mother of all crashes. The one where Americas influence dies globally. Alot of people have said 2017 would be the date, remember it also would have to be at a politically inconvenient time so i expect it to happen maybe to the end off 2019-2020 around the next presidential race.

I really think when US debt hits 20 trillion officially it will be the psychological barrier that will lead to panic. If not 20 trillion than definitely 20 thousand trillion.

I am on top of this and no it will not crash unless there is a major War or N Korea launches a Nuke and actually hits the US that can send markets in to turmoil, how ever we are cooking up a Nice Recession at the moment, here are the Facts: 1. Instability in the word because of a f up US president, that is trowing the world order in to chaos, 2. The Recent Hurricane in TX is going to cause gas prices to go up, it f up 10% of oil refineries, 3. A lot of states are raising the minimum wage which is going to cause inflation and cost of living to go up, it is not going to help. 4. Chinese are buying up real estate in the US raising the cost of living even more 5. Now 800,000 US Skilled educated workers are leaving the work force, along with other workers being deported taking out competitive advantage from the US economy, we need them. 6. Not 100% sure on this one but I heard some top 1%s are beginning to move their money silently out of the Market not sure on this one, 7. The stupid Trade restrictions on China and Mexico this is my personal opinion and view after putting all that data together, we are going to take a huge hit soon

Even if it does crash, in the long term it ends up rebounding.

Long term returns on the stock market (in general) as still very good.

It's not just zreohedge, actual banks and financial institutions are calling it. Off hand I can name BOA/MerrilLynch and Deutschebank, the Bank of Scotland and JP Morgan. Buffett and Soros are calling it, Bill Gross, Mark Faber, Jim Rogers.

It's coming and it's going to be vicious.

Dude you do know what a crash means= a depression lets hope that does not happen shit will be unreal and it will a decade to even see the light at the end of the tunnel look at the 2008 recession it took nearly 5-6 yrs to fix, and now it looks like we are going in to another one. I am actually starting to slowly invest in commodities at this point just in case.

anyway dudes best of luck save your money buy commodities or something that retains actual value shits might get crazy soon, I am putting a high % on Bit Coin Looking to buy at least 2 BTC

Get with the program mate. Are you even actually paying attention?

Stock market crashing means money flowing into crypto?

If it does go down, maybe I can make some money on the stocks tanking.