TFW neither the original inhabitants nor colonies from countries other than England or Spain were able to create more...

>TFW neither the original inhabitants nor colonies from countries other than England or Spain were able to create more than three long lasting nations in the North American continent

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_colonization_of_the_Americas#Darien_Scheme_.281695.29
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Borders change all the time OP. Who knows what countries will exist a century from now.

Sure, but the politics and ethnicities will still be very similar.

>all I wanted was American frontiermen fighting for the West Coast against Mexican and Asian forces, with an independent Russian Alaska watching in the shadows with its ally the Chinook

Don't forget the modern Nations of New Netherlands and New Sweden. Navajo Republic and the Iroquois confederacy.

Scottish Panama.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Darien_scheme

Imagine if there managed to be an Italian conolny and eventually country in the Americas.

Can you imagine a modern central america with Scottish influences instead of Spanish?

>I'm not from central America, I don't speak Gaelic!

Basically Argentina then

>tfw no Rio Grande, Texas, and California sister republics
I might have to bust a nut to this

Anglos like clean borders

But it's been basically the same three big blobs for two centuries. All interesting small countries get swallowed. Why would it be different this century?

Canada wasnt basically a country for the last two centuries, user

Same blob, different owner. Woah, big change. And they didn't even bother getting a proper independence, they're still in the commonwealth.

Bump

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scottish_colonization_of_the_Americas#Darien_Scheme_.281695.29

>tfw you will never exist in a timeline where Scotch - Panamanians are a thing

I once played an EU4 game where Ireland founded Mexico, and then got annexed by Great Britain- making "Mexico" literally Ireland.

You know the Scots haven't spoken Gaelic for nearly a thousand years.

>Chinook
huh, we're actually pretty based
any anons point me to more good reading on them?

user please

Technically speaking, both Guatemala and Bolivia are full-blooded-native majority, so the original inhabitants (Mayans and Aymara Indians) did manage to create lasting nations, in a way.

Southern Argentina is also full of Welsh due to a colonization scheme there.

You can also find all sorts of surnames in Argentina. Aside from Italians which are the majority, there's also Spanish, German, Polish, Anglo, French, Swiss, Turkish, Danish, Irish, Russian and many other types of ancestry.

Interesting history, it was like a Spanish-speaking paralel to the USA, in a way.

WE

@3377738
Go back to /b/ please.

Back to africa please

That's Central America

Classic EU

What do you think he's wewuzing about? I don't see it.

But he said N. America. Guatemala and specially Bolivia are not north american at all.

Guatemala, Honduras, Mexico, Nicaragua and all those other spic shitholes are considered North America for some reason and I never quite understood why. Geographically it's not feasible because the Americas are technically a single continent and Mexico sure as fuck has nothing to do with a country like Canada and everything to do with Colombia and Venezuela.

>"it was like a Spanish-speaking paralel to the USA, in a way"
Brazil tier delusions

>It's a play on American ignorance about foreigners.

There are actually a couple native nations that exist with a significant degree of autonomy. They might not be very influential, but they are long standing nations.

Argentina up until the 1920's was on its way to being a USA of the Spanish americas. Regardless, i believe he was trying to say the multi-ethnic immigrant make up was its main similarity among others, hence the "in a way".

In no way is it WE WUZ KANGZ tier you amerifat autist

Keep telling yourself that diego

Technically Europe is an Asian peninsula if you want to be a complete autist. Only Spanish speakers can't seem to figure out how to divide North and South America.

Central america is it's own entity, like the Caribbean. Mexico is a north-central hybrid.

Disgusting borders

Mexicos borders are disgusting, had all three come to fruition, they would probably look better