/frugal/

post those jewtips Veeky Forums

>carrying a bunch of teabags with me when I get the train and asking coffee shops for cups of hot water
Fuck paying for hot drinks to go

>transfering $20 from your checking account to your savings account
All going according to plan

>Be fearful when others are greedy and greedy when others are fearful.

>overestimate the scale of the holocaust and make it a crime to question it
>get a cast iron oppression card that trumps every other and allows you to control society for the rest of time

Wow good idea man.

>borrowing from relatives to save on interest
>wearing the same clothes 3-4X (nobody bats an eye just alternate)
>washing jeans once a month
>cooking everything in an instantpot and rest of diet is raw/dry foods (20 minutes of cooking is food for 4 days)
>living in a van/office to save on rent (I don't have to do this I live free with parents)
>buying companies from retiring boomers for cheap instead of building your own
>overcharging women/old people because they don't have patience
>slightly underpaying your employees because it is expensive for another company to train them

>never use credit or anyone else's money
>cook your own food, don't eat out
>get your kids to beg for money on the street

>let Hitler play with your gold for a while in exchange for the best suffering card out there

>never use anyone else's money
poorfag detected

Hey guy's I don't wanna make a thread for this but I noticed Veeky Forums doesn't have a sticky that teaches you how to get into all this. Do I have to college or are there books that I can read to get up to date with trading? I don't wanna waste time accidently reading the wrong thing so can I have some recommendations on how to get into this?

>never use credit or anyone else's money
Have you never heard of stooging? I only spend other people's money, and it costs me nothing. Poorfag.

> have question about 'x'
> google question about 'x'
> read the links until you are satisfied with the knowledge you acquired
> actually practice trading
> rinse and repeat
Literally

>drink 1 litre of water immediately before/after bed to slow down hunger and maximise natural cognitive function

Nigga its called a thermos, look it up

Buy bitbeans

>drink 1 litre of water immediately before bed
If I drink even half a cup of water before bed I'll wake up 3-4 times throughout the night for mini pisses. fuck my small bladder.

Does reddit have like their own trading subreddit or something. I can understand why you guy's aren't being helpful since it keeps competition out of your waters

r/cryptocurrency

Actually pretty helpful if you browse there for a bit. Just buy a hardware wallet and keep some coins such as BTC, ETH, OMG, NEO, XMR in there for the long term (3+ years).

Only invest what you can afford to lose, and HODL. Avoid daytrading unless you're certain you can make a profit and keep track of everything for tax time.

you sound helpful. do you know whats the best way to safely store ETH and ICO tokens? im puting about 15k into new ico's and want to store them very safely for the long term. i dont really trust MEW desu

I have 500 or so trades and haven't written anything down. What's the process to start "tracking" all of this? I want to pay my taxes on crypto but am brainlet and don't know what to do :(

It's really really easy to get food budgets down to almost nothing everywhere I've lived. 1$ a day has been way more than enough no matter where I've been.

Rent is the hard one, imo rich friends/partners who don't mind you living with them is a good strat but your budget will probably end up ballooning other ways. This tends to be the area that's unfixable and you'll just have to shell out non insignificant amounts of money to deal with.

Other expenses are basically all optional. Frugality is pretty easy.

I don't know anything about ICO's, but for ETH a good hardware wallet such as the ledger nano S + backup passphrase should do.

You just write everything down in an excel sheet and figure out what your gains were. You add all those up, and pay however much short term tax you owe. Of course, if the exchange you use isn't linked to any of your personal information, I doubt anything would happen if you didn't file.

Explain how 1$ a day

So if I buy something at .03sats and sell at .04sats, I gain .01sats. Do I pay whatever the .01sat is worth at the time of the trade? and thanks

>paying taxes
>not just converting to BTC or XMR and claiming you mined the coins years ago

jesus christ biz why so cucked

Also is there a program to automate this? If not this will take 10-14 hours of labor

This obsession with frugality is absolutely pathetic. I got 6x my money in about one month with OmiseGo and own an overpriced core i7 7700 + an overpriced iPhone 7 plus. When you realize that your decision about which coins to buy are much more important than being a pathetic frugal cuck, your life changes completely.

>iPhone 7
>No headphone jack
How retarded can you possibly be?

Yes you calculate the profit in USD that you made and pay the appropriate tax rate on the profit.

Say you bought $100 of BTC and then sell it for $105. Profit was $5 so you pay tax on the $5. Depending on your tax bracket it could be 0 to 39%.

Say you are in the 20% bracket. Then you would owe $1 on that trade

Note down how much personal assets you feed to your account.
When time to pay taxes, convert everything to fiat and remove the personal assets.
That's what you gained and what you have to declare.
The sum you have in your account at that moment is going to be your new floor for the next year, i.e. next year you'll declare anything above that level.

Your an idiot.... If you claim that you mined them you will still have to pay taxes on them when cashing out with a 0 cost average meaning you pay taxes on the full price.

>Hurt Durr I mined all this BTC. Now I have to pay 20% taxes on $4600

The brain takes five years to rewrite.
Being frugal while you are poor ( i.e. below ten mil ) make sure you'll be frugal when you are not.

Money is for making money and Apotheosis, not for useless shit.

You NEVER EVER EVER do illegal shit.
You NEVER EVER EVER put skeletons in your closet.

The tax man don't fuck around either. Good luck getting through an audit.

wouldnt you only pay tax when you convert to fiat?

some foods are really cheap, which foods they are depend on where you are. Could be oats, pasta, bread, soy based products, literally just work out what's most efficient in a calorie per unit currency way. It's often carbs though, if you want protein sources that might be tougher.

This is so wrong. The best businessmen operate in grey areas of legality. You can most definitely report coins as mined and pay 20% tax on them when you sell them, just argue that they were mined when they were worthless, so the backtaxes will be minimal. Even if you get slapped by the IRS all you will pay is the backtaxes that you owe. They will not fine you because your argument that you found the coins on a hard drive will hold up in courts.

You can even clean your illicit money this way, just report a percentage your cash income on your taxes incase a lawman sells you Monero and takes your cash.

(Then they really don't know that your "early mined Monero" is just a mechanism to avoid taxes. You've covered all your tracks.)

Girlslaughing.jpg

Unless you are a one-hit wonder, any amount of taxes paid is going to be trival to remake, on the order of under a week for the average trader.
We're not talking about running an actual business with very small profit marging here after all, we're talking about crypto which is an unending* faucet of easy green.

*We can dream

>carrying a flask vs carrying a handful of teabags
hmm...

also bring your own cup, you will get a discount in many places.

Buy shit on Amazon, claim you didn't receive it and get a refund or free replacement. Even works on PS4s and expensive shit.

I do something similar, but tea is my main hobby so I bring a dimebag with some puer to grandpastyle

Sometimes I just go 2 or 3 days without eating. Food is expensive and it's literally just turning money into shit. You'll never make a ROI at that rate.

a discount from 0.00?
didn't they got tougher on SEing this year?
nice, I never thought of bringing loose tea in baggies
can't wait to whip out some oolong infront of the feds