France and Germany

Why did they join forces? They could've ruled the world.

They even share vast parts of their history and origins.

And why is the Eternal Anglo to blame?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=6pY-0JfEdLY
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_European_Command
youtube.com/watch?v=YO-Ocueehfc
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044614/Sex-stormtroopers-How-French-women-fell-Nazi-invaders-Second-World-War.html
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Épuration_légale
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Why did they never*

>Eternal Anglo
>Not the Vengeful Venice

Germans have more in common with Anglos though.
This was a reciprocated sentiment during the Victorian era, Karl Pearson regarded the Prussians as the Anglo-Saxon's sole equal.
Their's was the union that unfortunately never materialized.

This

In fact Germanics attacked French several times but were always BTFO

France benefit from Germany being inner-politically fractured. From that moment on where Germany unified France has been playing the second fiddle on the continent.

depends on what the world is.
They fought, a lot, allthough the nationalist model of the world does not apply before maybe 1800, at least before 1700. So think empire, local rulers with some higher mandate. One comes to mind.

Roman throne moved north, then the new romans, franks and celts and germans and such, started fighting about the crown. same old same old.

Once Germany and France become relevant terms, they fight for the crown of rome, in the same way romans did in ancient times.

Look at a map around the throne city of Aarchen. Borders are telling. Many eu admin things goes on around there too.

The conflict is largely over rulership. Prussia was traditionaly a mercenary army, often employed by the Hapsburg line. They are contenders to the Oldenburg throne atm, so there goes the split in the empire - as we have seen it manifest over the last 100 years. Plenty of other conflicts along that line, roughly the iron curtain. Its devide and rule. A functional model, if not a pretty one.

to some extent, but not that much..

Germany has been around for about 100 years, and for most of that, either been occupied or occupying others.

Germany is a 'threat' to french supremacy in economics and military, but in political leadership and global power, france has only been undone by the nuclear aggressor overseas.
(..dont confuse nazis with germans, it was a complicated occupation.. large parts of french leadership remained, as in other places.)
Everywhere is fractured, power always struggles - france not least so. French leadership of the EU is much like germany leading in production: largely false, largely constructed, but very much the story you need to tell the french/german people. Nobility does not respect borders. Why should they? they drew them. they serve purposes.

Meh
It had more to do with France wrecking itself with the Revolution and Napoleonic Wars than Germany uniting

That might be the same thing
German unity had some things in common with the french revolution.
Bismarch handled it better, but had a better starting position - in that the people were not already meeting somewhere, getting ideas and organisational structures - but the cries from the peoples are similar, the solution is similar, and the instant attack on everyone else after the new order, is very similar. IMHO.

>Why did they join forces? They could've ruled the world.

Because they both wish to dominate the other.

>Germany unified
lol no

We beat you from Middle Age to Present day

UNified Germany is a meme btw cause you were already united under the HRE aka Holy Roman Empire of the Germanic Nation

>They even share vast parts of their history

French History up until the 20th Century was literally slaughtering, subjugating and making Germans miserable and divided.

So strong was this desire they literally joined forces with Protestants and betrayed Christ's Church just to keep Austria weak.

France got BTFO'd during the Franco-Prussian war, France got BTFO'd during WWI, France got BTFO'd during WWII and France is getting BTFO'd now with Germany being the defacto ruler of the EU.

Had Napoleon not extinguished France's young manpower at the start of the 19th century, they would still be "the final boss of Europe" (as they are in Europa Universalises) and been able to match and check the rise of the German nation.

But of course since Napoleon's legal reforms were central in the formation of a unified Germany, chances are that Germany would have wound up as a collection of German-speaking nations rather than as a unified force.

The 20th century should have been the German century.

>France got BTFO'd during the Franco-Prussian war, France got BTFO'd during WWI, France got BTFO'd during WWII
That's a span of 60 years
Compare it to eight centuries of Germans getting BTFO by France (and everyone else around too, like Swedes, Poles....etc)

>France is getting BTFO'd now with Germany being the defacto ruler of the EU.
More like both are now America's bitch
Germany is literally still occupied by US troops since WW2

>France got BTFO'd during WWI,
How so?

>Compare it to eight centuries of Germans getting BTFO by France
Remind me again who won the Italian wars. I think it was the House of Habsburg.

In losing so badly that Britain had to actually muster an army and save your sorry asses.

>Every european country is literally still occupied by US troops since WW2

ftfy

>France got BTFO'd during the Franco-Prussian war
Wow
You won one war after we mopped the floor with your ass for centuries, contragulations !

>France got BTFO'd during WWI
Sure

Thanks for Alsace-Moselle btw

>France got BTFO'd during WWII
For a few years, then we recaptured Paris, Alsace and so on

After that we occupied Germanistan for a second time as usual

>France is getting BTFO'd now with Germany
LMAO

We're literally sending rapefugees into Germanistan, the only thing you can decide is which kind of rapefugees will rape your women

>we recaptured Paris
that would be the americans sweety

>After that we occupied Germanistan
Except the allies didn't want to as you did fuck all they only gave in cos of your constant screeching and moaning

>Remind me again who won the Italian wars.

Spain

Spain was ruled by the House of Habsburg.

> Germans
> Joining the French

youtube.com/watch?v=6pY-0JfEdLY

They are no longer the final boss in EU

>that would be the americans sweety
Nope

>sweety

Unless you're a girl, it sounds cringy and weird

>americans let french leaders ceremonially enter paris first
>WE WUZ VICTORS N SHEIT

don't kid yourself

you were irrelevant, most of the fight were done by French while you were standing at the back.

the only time you somehow fought was when you nuked Japan.

kek

the french fought more on the eastern front than in the month of june 1940

>you were irrelevant, most of the fight were done by French while you were standing at the back.
HA HA HA, OH WOW

This is what Frogs actually believe.

The sheer delusion

The French Resistance is perhaps overstated and the French Collaboration is swept under the rug alot. French people could and did report their neighbors for being Jews. French soldiers and police did help round them up.

WWII aside, France and Germany are basically tied at the hip now. The French army has even replaced the French-made FAMAS with the German HK416 as their standard issue rifle. Just as Charlemagne would have wanted.

>samefagging this hard
I know that in your quest for relevance you're forced to make up things but the liberation of France was mostly done by French aside from bombing French cities and raping French women, you americans did not contribute much

>The French Resistance is perhaps overstated and the French Collaboration is swept under the rug alot

Wrong, both are overstated (or at least were, but it seems that the French Resistance went from overrated to underrated recently)
Active collaboration was actually very low

That's not true at all. Where do you even get this idea from?

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_European_Command

It's because of the traitorous cowardice of the Saxon soldiers at Leipzig.

What the fuck am I reading.

youtube.com/watch?v=YO-Ocueehfc

The French were useless during WWII.

>sweety
Why the fuck is this word so damn popular? Is it a new meme? I always thought only women use it. Wtf.

I'm not the guy you quoted and I agree that frogs were as irrelevant as brits during WW2 but

>unironically posting a Lindybeige video as an argument

>went from overrated to underrated recently
Compared to what? If you compare it to the Soviet, Greek and Yugoslav resistance it was a fucking joke.

In the latter countries people literally lived in forests and caves and ate bugs to survive and fought to the dead to drive the invaders and risked their lives to bomb railways, radio towers or supply lines.

Life in these countries was an unpredictable hell. Life in France was a fucking vacation for the average soldier.

dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044614/Sex-stormtroopers-How-French-women-fell-Nazi-invaders-Second-World-War.html

Just placing some pamphlets here and there and hiding one or two Jews is not real resistance.

>people literally lived in forests and caves and ate bugs to survive and fought to the dead to drive the invaders and risked their lives to bomb railways, radio towers or supply lines

French did it

The rest of your post is just antifrench garbage

You didn't refute the fact with the French women who bred with German soldiers though.

Also it's new that antifrench is a thing now, just like antisemite right?

I hate normie Jewish history.

They don't exist anymore cause we killed them all :)

>:)
edgy

fun fact: after the war, the French killed about as many of their own people as the Nazis did during the occupation (excluding Jews).

>edgy
Just a fact

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Épuration_légale

>after the war, the French killed about as many of their own people as the Nazis did during the occupation (excluding Jews).

Germans killed 300k French, we killed around 10-50k of our own

>MUH
>HURRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRTAGE

>Just a fact
Yeah, and you put the smiley behind the fact. That was edgy, if you want to admit it or not.

>Germans killed 300k French
Really? Were it that many? (I don't know, just heard the "fun fact" I posted [now I notice, that was a little edgy too, but whatever] in a Lindybeige video]
Can you provide a source in english?

Please point to the French armies on the map.

lol patriotic Frog BTFO'd

They did. In 1952

I only have a French Source, pic related is from Bilan de la Seconde Guerre mondiale by Marc NOUSCHI

>You didn't refute the fact with the French women who bred with German soldiers though.

It's actually pretty easy to refute
Fact: German soldiers werent allowed to have sex with locals women (because of fear it would spread diseases)
They were only allowed to have sex in mandated brothels in which women were medically checked on a regular basis

So some sex may have occured with the occupiers (not 100% of people follow the rule), but certainly not in high numbers

>Fact: German soldiers werent allowed to have sex with locals women (because of fear it would spread diseases)
>They were only allowed to have sex in mandated brothels in which women were medically checked on a regular basis
That didn't stop them from doing the rapefest on the Eastern front, did it?

>tfw the government will never pay for you to have sex every week
Damn the Nazis were far ahead of their time.

State-sponsored prostitutes and crystal meth?
Tolerated plunder, murder and rape?
An edgy ideology which tells you that you are superhuman?

That's like every 12year olds wet dream.

>
In the latter countries people literally lived in forests and caves and ate bugs to survive and fought to the dead to drive the invaders and risked their lives to bomb railways, radio towers or supply lines.

You should read more about that France you hate so much user.

>Life in France was a fucking vacation for the average soldier.

compared to dying at -45 degrees fighting 10 times the Pavels, yes it was a fucking holiday. Compared to Poland or other occupied countries, I would not say so. Or the Germans just wanted half their army in vacation away from their families (not litterally half, I know)

>dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2044614/Sex-stormtroopers-How-French-women-fell-Nazi-invaders-Second-World-War.html
that's mostly a fantasy. But invaders do get to sleep with local women, through all human history.

These last words my friend, show that the German has more French blood than the French has German :^)

>Just placing some pamphlets here and there and hiding one or two Jews is not real resistance.

you know, it really depends on the situation and the numbers of soldiers around. For instance, I'm pretty sure you would not have the balls to do shit yourself, with no actual German in the country. Like the Swiss/Swedes. Simply because humans are like that. And if you're young enough to believe that being born on the one side of the Rhine river makes you more prone to resist, I'll wait till you grow up.

>the rapefest on the Eastern front, did it?
Oh user, are you talking about Berlin again? They were German women, not men for christ's sake.